[ROM] Blue Water - Kyros MID 8027 - MPMAN 827 - Mediox MID8027

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Could you try doing this?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xyv0u32p25e35hc/rXteoeCHDa

I am doing my best to get this .img file unpacked to cook you guys a working blue water rom, I also contacted Coby and requested their sourcecode under
the GPL license and threatened with reporting them to gplvoilations if they dont give it. We'll see what that brings up. Anyways I am doing what I can to get
this mess fixed.

phn

Aug 5, 2012
Could you try doing this?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xyv0u32p25e35hc/rXteoeCHDa

I am doing my best to get this .img file unpacked to cook you guys a working blue water rom, I also contacted Coby and requested their sourcecode under
the GPL license and threatened with reporting them to gplvoilations if they dont give it. We'll see what that brings up. Anyways I am doing what I can to get
this mess fixed.
I tried to do it two weeks ago. The fact is I am able to run the program but I get an error when I try to acces fastboot mode (If I press (PWR)+(VOL-) the tablet does nothing). Thanks a lot and great news InsaneWolf :)

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
I tried to do it two weeks ago. The fact is I am able to run the program but I get an error when I try to acces fastboot mode (If I press (PWR)+(VOL-) the tablet does nothing). Thanks a lot and great news InsaneWolf :)

The word GPL helps alot if you're running against this guys :p We'll see what they reply and if they reply, otherwise I file a gpl voilation. On top of that, still trying to get the .img file opened (they used their own file format -.-).

phn

Aug 5, 2012
Phn, try this drivers
DepositFiles
It does not work, and I think it is because of the name of the files. I say this because the "touch-buttons" (the buttons which are down the screen) don't make any light when I touch them (it flashed when I touched the buttons with the other drivers). I'll try again! THANKS!

jevo

Aug 23, 2012
Thanks for the contributions, but still have the problem of the touch screen in the files 1 and 3. In file 2 the installation process is to just when does: update file system.
We will continue trying. Thank you and sorry for the translation

phn

Aug 5, 2012
Thanks for the contributions, but still have the problem of the touch screen in the files 1 and 3. In file 2 the installation process is to just when does: update file system.
We will continue trying. Thank you and sorry for the translation

Same experience. The second update doesn't install. BTW thanks to your efforts :)

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Well, I tried every darn trick I knew and could find to get that .img file opened up but no luck, I just cant get it opened up. Besides that the wonderful guys from coby just refrained from answering my email. I did notice some GPL lines while hex editing their dirty img file so I am going to file a GPL violation, I guess that's the only hope on receiving the source code. If that doesn't work out I'm afraid and deeply sorry that I have to say you guys will have to get new tablets, or send them to coby and make them fix it. Maybe there is nothing about flashing in their warranty at all?