[ROM] Singapore S7 V100R001C51B011

gurduiala

Jan 7, 2011
i installed, works fine,

Only disadvantage i find, it does not update the MARKET to the new one, or am i doing something wrong?

Before, i did somehow by itself, this time, i am stuck on the OLD interface of the Market,

Any ideas?

Thanks

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
That's somewhat disappointing!
Mine had the new interface from go.
I don't think it's the firmware, though.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I'm afraid that situation goes with the firmware upgrade teritory!

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
The forum for the moment won't let me edit my last post, however, it was to Andipad.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Mine seems to be the old one for one time. I have flashed a couple different ones and when I go in to get Titanium Back-up from the market it is old. Then when I go back in a second time it is the new market. I am only using Titanium for user apps not system apps, so this is not putting the new one back on.

Andipad

Dec 27, 2010
The forum for the moment won't let me edit my last post, however, it was to Andipad.

Tks! I figured it could happen and saved what little I had in it beforehand.

In ongoing report, I ran it continuosly for about 6 hours doing Wi-fi --> VNC --> my media center PC so that I could listen to music (cPlay/Foobar2k) without turning the plasma TV on. Screen brightness set to minimum (0) but was on most of this time. They must have tweaked something. I still had 21% battery at the point I powered off. That did not happen before this update.

BTW, I wish could further reduce the brightness. In a darkened room, "0" is still far too much.

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
I did it too.. so far no issues.. I restored most of my apps and settings using TI Backup...

Holy crap this thing is fast now! :D

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
A small point.
In the days of winmo OS restoring after a new firmware flash could cause problems with carrying over old settings.
I honestly don't know if this could be the case with Android, but, I always do a fresh instal of everything to a new firmware flash and then do a backup for any future eventuality.
It could be more of a housekeeping habit than anything else!

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
A small point.
In the days of winmo OS restoring after a new firmware flash could cause problems with carrying over old settings.
I honestly don't know if this could be the case with Android, but, I always do a fresh instal of everything to a new firmware flash and then do a backup for any future eventuality.
It could be more of a housekeeping habit than anything else!

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Ah the ol' winmo days...

I definitely agree that restoring any kind of settings could be an issue but I have never experienced a problem from restoring apps & app data.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

gurduiala

Jan 7, 2011
I posted a few days back, that MARKET did not update to the newer version, when installed the Singapore ROM,

Well... this morning i turned on the tablet, and BEHOLD! new market!

I dont know what i did or didnt do, but its there,

One last question, i know i may be in the wrong thread, but does anyone know how to increase storage for Apps Installed, right now i have under 200MB, which gets full rather quickly, and i get a message about LOW SPACE, i know on my HTC Touch Pro2 when i run Android in WinMo you can play around,

is there anything like this for s7? Thank you

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
We have a working apps2sd mod over in the Development sub-forum. The setup requires adb setup and usage and some command line effort, but it will free up a LOT more space for application loading.

GeeknTonic

Dec 18, 2010
Hi, little history I bought mine on BB on a Trip to Houston, I brought it to Mexico and it's being a Hit (The only two tablets they sell here are the iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab) At the begining heard meny coments about how slow it it, and also I felt a litte disapointed, but i did de upgrade with this ROM and it is nothing like it was before, the keyboard reacts faster and is more acurate, I being using now for a couple of days and I'm loving it! Almos everithing is faster and better (I never felt mi iPhone changes that much when i upgrade it) For me considering the lack of options on my market the Ideos it's being the best gift i could ever get to my self (I know my english sucks and it's hard to understad my idea, thanks for you understanding)

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Download the firmware you want, extract it and copy the entire folder called "dload" to a SD card, put it in your device and re-boot. You will see the ROM upgrade in process and at the end you will see a OK message. Take the card out and reboot, the only way you can is by removing the battery. You are all set. If you forget to take the card out it will go back into the ROM upgrade mode.

This is a bit of a dumb question, but I downloaded S7V100R001C60B011.zip. Inside, there is no folder called "dload" to copy to the SD card as per the instructions. There is one called "upgrade" that contains unlmt.cfg and UPDATA.APP. Are these the files to copy to the "dload" directory on my SD card?

Thanks!

Edit: to answer my own question, it looks like this is correct, the lack of a dload dir is mentioned here...
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/5501-danger-warning-about-firmware-updating.html

Last edited:

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
I flashed this rom two days ago, the night I got my S7 from BB. Downloaded Barcode Scanner. It won't read any barcodes, picture quality seems pretty poor in general. I didn't see protective cover over the rear camera. Tried picking with a fingernail just to be sure. Has anyone seen any difference in camera quality between firmwares?