[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

mike3663

Feb 24, 2012
Where is Build 7.3?
I can't play games because GPU ram is 160MB. please release Build 7.3 with GPU 256MB.
Thanks for development.
This rom is much better than VegaComb or else.

olvinim

Feb 25, 2012
I have a problem with WIFI, I have to wifi spot and when I change of range viewpad doesn´t make it automatically to the another network, even trying to make it manuallly it get freezed (just setting on WIFI) same problem if device turn in to sleep mode, WIFI connection is lost until reboot is done.

juanchi

Feb 28, 2012
Hi, first of all i want to thank you about your work, it's really great! I have an issue, when the screen locks or sleep, the tablet never turn on again and it heats a lot, i cant use it like this, but i dont want to install another rom, there is some patch for this problem? or a fix like reinstall the rom?

Thanks a lot!

PD: you have noticed that my english is very bad... Sorry about that...

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
Hello @all
I own a ViwewPad 10s (NON3G) since december 2011

Here my short report and my experiences with Legionaire´s ROM releases
- the first ROM I installed was V7.1 - it was unstable for me System crashed without any opportunity to recover ("flash message line at boot)
- I had to reflash ROM 7.1 according to the instructions, given on page one in this thread
- as soon as ROM 7.2 was released, I installed it but unfortunately I had the same problem as with ROM 7.1
- for a very short time the early v 7.3 ROM was downloadable - due to many issues and bugs not usable - so Legonaire removed it ...
- so I decided to test the ROM Versions 6.x
- at last I found that ROM V6.3 was the best for me
- this Version ist very stable and exept some known issues:
WiFi connection failures after hibernate, too sensitive display but only if power supply is attached ...

recommendations:
- install the V 6.3 ROM
- set timeout for hibernation (sleep mode) higher e.g. 10 minutes
- install "Titanium BackUp" - available at the market
- backup your installed applications to SD card
- wait for Legionaire releasing an stable V 7.3 ROM or higher
- then install it an restore your applications

A lot of informations I gave here are to be found in the recent thread
But who wants to read 100 pages of stuff ...
This is the reason for my summary
Have fun

cheers Legionaire !

Last edited:

david18987

Feb 24, 2012
Hi guys!

ViewCOMB is still in development, but currently I have no free time to play with it. So, please, understand me, I'll release build 7.3 as soon as possible.
Thank you. But Please release Build 7.3 with GPU 256MB. with this work, we have not problem in run games.

ZYX

Mar 1, 2012
Hi
I have a ViewPad 10s. I try many ROMs but ViewComb is the best of all. First, I tried Build 6.3. I was fine. Then tried 7.2. It's very good.
But it has a big problem. Games doesn't run. I search and I understand reason of FC of games is GPU RAM (VRAM)
So if you upgrade VRAM to 256 for example, Games run without FC.
Hi guys!

ViewCOMB is still in development, but currently I have no free time to play with it. So, please, understand me, I'll release build 7.3 as soon as possible.
I'm glad!
Thank you

VTW

Mar 1, 2012
I just bougth my ViewSonic 10s, and i have 3 quick questions:

1. I have just opened it, and not done anything else than installing a PDF-viewer-App. Have I understood it correctly that I don't have to do anything but to download anmd rund the "ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 7.2", follow instructions, download "ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 7.2" and run it from computer? That's it? no pre-preparations?

2. My VS 10s has black borders, while the one in the guide has silver borders. Is it still the same modell, and will work?

3.Will my device support flash when I'm done, and I will be able to use e.x. YouTube in browser?

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
Hello VTW,

first of all you have to buy a special A/A USB cable with male connector at both ends ...

Then go to the first page of this thread to the installation section and read carefully how to proceed for flashing the ROM

If you are successfully done I would suggest you to play around with your 10s to get familiar with it

If it is a Viewsonic Viewpad 10s you will not have any compatibility problems - my 10s looks the same as yours :)

To download apps from the android market, you probably have to create a gmail account (if you don´t have one already)

Here you can download several browsers, flash plugins, flash 11, MX video player ans flash plugin, and much more

I can watch YouTube videos with the pre installed browser without any problems

best regards
Rayman

Ksteel

Mar 7, 2012
Hi,
first of all excause me if my english isn't perfect...

i've flashed my 10s 4 times now and i got the same problem with honeycomb everytime its installed.

the screen doesnt work really good, in the middle of the screen it has many breaks, easy to see if i use the graphics tool.
a closed line looks like this:
__________ _____ _____ _____ ____________
so its hard to move apps on the screen or even play a game with this.

shuttle tools doesnt seem to work for me i searched for an alternate way to calibrate the screen but i couldnt find one working.

If i install Froyo again the screen works fine.

Any help out there?

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
Hi,
first of all excause me if my english isn't perfect...

i've flashed my 10s 4 times now and i got the same problem with honeycomb everytime its installed.

the screen doesnt work really good, in the middle of the screen it has many breaks, easy to see if i use the graphics tool.
a closed line looks like this:
__________ _____ _____ _____ ____________
so its hard to move apps on the screen or even play a game with this.

shuttle tools doesnt seem to work for me i searched for an alternate way to calibrate the screen but i couldnt find one working.

If i install Froyo again the screen works fine.

Any help out there?

###

it's everytime a very good idea to post which "ViewComb" release u installed ...
6.3 - my recommendation
see page 109 ...

if problems with higher releases than v6.3 occur - I recommend you to ask with more details + documented problems

a lot of solutions are to be found here within the thread !

rtfm ;-)

I use a ViewPad 10s NON3G !
... details for issues recommended !

Ksteel

Mar 7, 2012
thank you very much!
finally it works!

i think i'd installed 5.1 the first time and tried vegacomb later, yesterday i tried 7.2

and now with 6.3 im happy again ^^

awesome work thank you!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
@ TifKag Sorry, I had to delete your last post here to finish the cleanup.:cool: