[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

VTW

Mar 1, 2012
I'm using build 6.3, and I'm also having trouble with the androide market changing to "Play Store", and crashing when I'm trying to open it.

Btw, quick question: How do I upgrade from 6.3 to future updates? Do I simply do the "button 2, button 1, button 2"-thingy again, and run the .exe-file for the new build?
Also, is it possible to downgrade it back to originale OS, in case I need to send it to the repair shop ;)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2011
I'm using build 6.3, and I'm also having trouble with the androide market changing to "Play Store", and crashing when I'm trying to open it.

Btw, quick question: How do I upgrade from 6.3 to future updates? Do I simply do the "button 2, button 1, button 2"-thingy again, and run the .exe-file for the new build?
Also, is it possible to downgrade it back to originale OS, in case I need to send it to the repair shop ;)

for updating to 7.2, just follow the same install notes you have for 6.3, the stock rom is available at viewsonics website, a link was postd on this thread for it, if you wanna check, not sure which page though, as for updating to 7.2, its rather useless without the Marketplace/Google Play working properly, it crashes every time

VTW

Mar 1, 2012
I'm having trouble connecting to my university's wifi, WPA2:AES with username/password. My 10s did connect to it when it used originale OS, but now it won't connect anymore. Any suggestions?

Ksteel

Mar 7, 2012
For the Google Play issue try deleting data on the Google Play Store under Application Management. This seems to work on another rom so I cannot see why it would not work on this.

omg
i dont know if i tried this before but....
IT WORKED! XD

thx!
(i cant believe i didnt try this -..-)

VTW

Mar 1, 2012
for updating to 7.2, just follow the same install notes you have for 6.3, the stock rom is available at viewsonics website, a link was postd on this thread for it, if you wanna check, not sure which page though, as for updating to 7.2, its rather useless without the Marketplace/Google Play working properly, it crashes every time

You said the stock rom for downrading my tablet back to originale OS was on the viewsonic website? I've tried finding it without luck. Could you please tell me what to search for, or maybe send me a link?

VTW

Mar 1, 2012
For the Google Play issue try deleting data on the Google Play Store under Application Management. This seems to work on another rom so I cannot see why it would not work on this.

You are a lifesaver! :D

one more question, I think this will be an easy one: what is the easiest way to close an app from running?

SuperCat

Dec 19, 2011
Hi Legionnaire,
i have a question.
Can you port the famous TouchWiz UX from the Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 to Viewpad 10s (Viewcomb 3.2) ???
Please !!!!!!!
I really wont it !

Really thanks for the great Viewcomb 3.2 Build 6.3 :-D

Oct 5, 2011
You said the stock rom for downrading my tablet back to originale OS was on the viewsonic website? I've tried finding it without luck. Could you please tell me what to search for, or maybe send me a link?

try viewsonic europe website, and somewhere on this thread theres a link to it, dunno what page though, look at it like a treasure hunt, don yer pirate hat, and shout "shiver me timbers"...on you go good sir...!

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012

Original manufacturer ROM updates for Viewpad 10s 3G / NON3G-WiFi can be obtained from the Viewsonic-Support-Site

The current 10s software update version is V1.11 : direct-link

Be aware that there is a package for the 3G and an other package for the WiFi Version ...

NEW:
added on 2012-03-20
Improved - faster download link working for me :

The current 10s software update version is V1.11 : faster-direct-link

Last edited: