[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
ViewCOMB 3.2 - Build 6.3
After google's auto update from "market" to new "Play Store" v3.4.6 the Play Store crashes at start up

Solution that worked for me:

Download Google Play Store V3.4.7 manually
store it to your Viewpad´s SD-card ...

- in settings > applications > manage applications > market: force stop, delete data, delete cache, uninstall updates
- then install Play Store V3.4.7 on your ViewPad 10s from the stored file on the SD-card
- you should now find the installed Play Store within your apps
- tip on it and enjoy

Last edited:

Xsaron

Aug 28, 2011
I'm a serieus fan of viewcomb, bit I'm having a big issue with the wifi networks on our school!! These issues didn't exist with the 'older' original firmware (perhaps the only good thing about that firmware).

It's a real pity because this puts the ease of use of the firmware below zero, at least for me because I want to use my tablet at school.

I use a viewpad 10s NON3G.

The tablet tries to connect (using viewcomb) but it always fails and after a few minutes of trying, the battery used more than 20 % most of the time ! Just trying to connect :s

It's just with PEAP, MSCHAPV2 .... It also seems to forget the mschapv2 setting, everytime after saving the settings it turns back to 'none given'.

It would be lovely if this driverbug is fixed. It's weird that it does work with the original firmware. (but I don't want to use that :))

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
I'm a serieus fan of viewcomb, bit I'm having a big issue with the wifi networks on our school!! These issues didn't exist with the 'older' original firmware (perhaps the only good thing about that firmware).

It's a real pity because this puts the ease of use of the firmware below zero, at least for me because I want to use my tablet at school.

I use a viewpad 10s NON3G.

The tablet tries to connect (using viewcomb) but it always fails and after a few minutes of trying, the battery used more than 20 % most of the time ! Just trying to connect :s

It's just with PEAP, MSCHAPV2 .... It also seems to forget the mschapv2 setting, everytime after saving the settings it turns back to 'none given'.

It would be lovely if this driverbug is fixed. It's weird that it does work with the original firmware. (but I don't want to use that :))

Which Version of ViewCOMB 3.2 do you actually use - Build ??
I guess PEAP, MSCHAPV2 are some of the SSIDs of the acess points at your school :)
Are these networks password protected ?
If the are, did you ever try to setup them manually ?
- settings > wireless/networks > wlan settings > tip on ssid, enter password or enter ssid and password if ssid isn´t shown

If you are done, shoot down your device (power off)
power on - an wait for your 10s to connect

For me it works fine to manage over 10 WiFi networks with ViewCOMB 3.2 - Build6.3

Maybe Wifi Analyzer (from the market) will help you by providing more informations about the networks
an other very interesting tool is "fing" ...

Last edited:

yoyo35

Mar 12, 2012
Hello, i'm french
I have a problem with calibrate ma viewpad 10s (viewcomb 3.2)
the shuttle tools don't work.
Can you help me ?
thanks

VTW

Mar 1, 2012
In the step-by-step-guide, it says "To update/flash new OS Firmware file. Its name should be P10_image_XXXXXXXX_vX.XX.exe. X present YYYYMMDD and firmware version."

From where do I get the "P10_image..."-file?

VTW

Mar 1, 2012
In the step-by-step-guide, it says "To update/flash new OS Firmware file. Its name should be P10_image_XXXXXXXX_vX.XX.exe. X present YYYYMMDD and firmware version."

From where do I get the "P10_image..."-file?

Oh, it is refering to oe of the versions of ViewCOMB. Now I get it. Someone should re-write the step-by-step-guide. Except from that, it's perfekt! ;D

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
Hi yoyo35,

please answer the triple "w" :)

- Which hardware do you use - example: Viewpad 10s <options> options: 3G / NON3G
- What Viewcomb Version did you install - example: ViewCOMB 3.2 - Build 6.3
- what is my detailed problem - I deep searched the web before ... : my detailed unsolved problem is xyz

personally me I am answering :
- hardware: Viewpad 10s NON3G
- Viewcomb Version : ViewCOMB 3.2 - Build 6.3
- detailed problem : static display - ghost on high cpu load or if loading very low battery and working with your system - pad is quite warm arround the power connector ...

okidoke

lets go :.)

Setup should be like that :
KLICK-ME

if you read in my first lines there it is a thermal problem - a temperature effected problem

"solution" :
I agree that I am using a free of charge developer ROM without any warranty
otherwise I have to accept Froyo ...

Solution working for me :

sometimes you have to find a work around
with Froyo you have for example no google "market" or now called "Google Play Store" for downloading all the apps ...

- if you are planing to use your VPad, charge it many hours before expected usage ...
- higher cpu load and simultaneously charging the battery is NOT recommended - do not charge and use your Pad
- extreme gamers are recommended to buy a faster, more expensive Pad - do not whine accept it !

so everyone should decide where he goes next

Cheers to all

Last edited:

Ksteel

Mar 7, 2012
ViewCOMB 3.2 - Build 6.3
After google's auto update from "market" to new "Play Store" v3.4.6 the Play Store crashes at start up

Solution that worked for me:

Download Google Play Store V3.4.7 manually

- in settings > applications > manage applications > market: force stop, delete cache, uninstall updates
- then install Play Store V3.4.7 on your ViewPad 10s
- you should now find the installed Play Store within your apps
- tip on it and enjoy

What a pity, it didnt work for me.
Any other solutions?
would be nice to get it working.

btw also the installed browser does not work on my devise, so ive installed dolphin hd and i have to visit the market on the browser. Not to bad at all but less lazy ^^

PS: Yes, im using 6.3

Last edited:

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
@ Ksteel

Let me guess: you have installed ViewCOMB 3.2 - Build 7.2 ?
Since this release did not meet my expectations, I downgraded to ViewCOMB 3.2 - Build 6.3
Too bad, that it did not work for you ...

Last edited by Ksteel; Yesterday at 11:09 PM.:
PS: Yes, im using 6.3 <<< this info wasn´t given in the original post :)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2011
andriod marketplace updated itself, to the new Google Play, and crashes every time, are we going to see a new release of this Rom to fix this issue ?