[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

Mar 20, 2012
Legionnaire is a legend. His ViewComb ROMs are the best there is for the Viewsonic Viewpad 10s. For this reason, I highly recommend that everyone be patient and wait for Legionnaire to release another legendary ROM. I will follow him. Follow him whereever he may go......

johanjojo

Dec 21, 2011
Hello Everybody,

First of all VTW i'm sorry to hear that something went wrong with your screen while listening to my advice... I suggest you post it on the VegaICS thread, hope you'll find an answer there. Could it be a hardware problem? Did you try installing 'Modded Stock V2'? [ROM] ModdedStock_1.10 v2 - Android @ MoDaCo

I have VegaICS installed on my Viewpad 10s (WIFI) and it's been running amazingly for the last 1 1/2 week! I do everything with it, browsing, Maps, Store, games and found just a tiny glitch: no navigation, but that was not working on Viewcomb either... My opinion is that it is faster, better looking and more stable then Viewcomb + it is build by the Vega people that made Viewcomb possible in the first place...

If your not sure, don't install it! I did and i'm very happy!

Greeting's from The Netherlands! ;)

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
Hello Everyone!

Ya'll still waiting for the 7.3 build? No need to!

Not want to throw all your hard work to the side Legionnaire, but i recently found the most stable ROM yet that works on the Viewpad 10s and it's ICE CREAM SANDWICH (Android 4.0)!! :D

Check the following link: [ROM][ICS](ALPHA 3)VegaICS: ICS for P10AN01(Advent Vega,POV Tegra 10.1,Viewpad 10S..) - xda-developers

It's really easy to install, just like Viewcomb. Download it (Developer post, click on source and you will be redirected to the download thread), hook your USB cable, do the back-power button sequence and click the downloaded file! It's that easy! (You can read additional instructions at the linked-to page)

Good luck! :cool:

Install a very stable VegaICSBeta1-BasedOnAndroid4.0.3 + VegaICSKernelPatch on Viewsonic Viewpad 10s

I did it and read the last 10 pages of the thread - sorry "lone fighter" Legionnaire seems to be too busy, I guess we all can understand this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So follow the link above ...
Download: VegaICSBeta1-BasedOnAndroid4.0.3
Install it like described by Legionnaire - navigate to "Installation" on the first page of this thread here
After installation you have to apply a KernelPatch (thanks to Brucelee666 from Modaco ... ) with the new touchscreen driver and solved the powerbutton issue.
Download Link here : KlickMe
Download the "VegaICSKernelTSUpdate2.zip" and copy it to /mnt/sdcard/ ...
Then launch "RecoveryReboot", which is already installed within your Apps from VegaICS ...
In the menue navigate to "install zip from sdcard" (use volume +- and apply with power button)
Then "choose zip from sdcard"
... choose "VegaICSKernelTSUpdate2.zip" and apply with power button

after successsfull apply - reboot and enjoy

e.g. for me working much more better:
- screen sensitivity is very very smooth !!
- great battery durability during use (and improved hibernation mode ...)
- WiFi connect after wakeup works better
- you can deselect using expensive internet connections via SIM card if NO WiFi is available
- so only use your VPad @home/HotSpots with internet - and you'll save a lot of money ...
- improved speed, good system stability, better functionalities

Important for 3G owners:
- there are 3G issues, if you have a ViewPad 3G better wait for Legionnaire´s build 7.3 or a fix in VegaICS

hope to meet you all again !

Many thanks to Legionnaire for his great former work :cool:

Last edited:

Gaelos

Jan 20, 2012
Working perfectly for me to, but the problem is that the kernel is clocked at 1Ghz too bad i prefer atr 1.2 Ghz
is it rooted ? can we oc it ?
i just had to lock the wifi on to fix a little problem

i love VegaICS

Rayman

Feb 28, 2012
Is the viewpad 10S supporting HID Bluetooth keyboard ?

we all love to be mobile with our tablets without any external keyboard or even a mouse - maybe you bought the wrong item ;-)
I recommend you to buy a netbook - native users connect via ssh/server/client if needed ;)

for more help click :

Last edited by a moderator:

xylencia

Mar 27, 2012
Just wanted to share my experience with the Viewpad 10s 3G and Viewcomb 7.2.

Quite a number of people ask about the 3G and some report it as not working well, so this is for the benefit of the Google crawlers to dig this up and help those having trouble :)

Initially I had some problems with the 3G whereby it often connects but has no downward data transfer. To solve this was to repeatedly turn the tablet on and off until once in awhile getting it to connect properly.

After much experimentation, I found the solution. If the tablet autoconnects to your 3G service the moment it starts up, there is a chance that a connectivity issue develops and you will experience the no downward data transfer problem.

Let me explain that I am from Malaysia (DiGi Telco sim) and this problem may not be affecting the 3G services in other countries.

The solution is to not allow the tablet to "Auto-connect" at startup. What I do now, is always turn off my mobile data service before I shut down the tablet. The easiest method is of course to set it to Airplane mode.

Upon the tablet turning on, I deactivate airplane mode, and the tablet subsequently connects. Easily 99% trouble free connectivity when it is done this way.

Hope this helps some people out there :)

Gaelos

Jan 20, 2012
we all love to be mobile with our tablets without any external keyboard or even a mouse - maybe you bought the wrong item ;-)
I recommend you to buy a netbook - native users connect via ssh/server/client if needed ;)

Sure we all use ssh ...

Gaelos

Jan 20, 2012

Quite a number of people ask about the 3G and some report it as not working well, so this is for the benefit of the Google crawlers to dig this up and help those having trouble :)

Initially I had some problems with the 3G whereby it often connects but has no downward data transfer. To solve this was to repeatedly turn the tablet on and off until once in awhile getting it to connect properly.

After much experimentation, I found the solution. If the tablet autoconnects to your 3G service the moment it starts up, there is a chance that a connectivity issue develops and you will experience the no downward data transfer problem.

Let me explain that I am from Malaysia (DiGi Telco sim) and this problem may not be affecting the 3G services in other countries.

The solution is to not allow the tablet to "Auto-connect" at startup. What I do now, is always turn off my mobile data service before I shut down the tablet. The easiest method is of course to set it to Airplane mode.

Upon the tablet turning on, I deactivate airplane mode, and the tablet subsequently connects. Easily 99% trouble free connectivity when it is done this way.

Hi, my tablet is connectd all the time to my tv and i never reboot it. I'll try the plane mode today and let you know if it works.

gladiator7DC

Mar 27, 2012

Thanks xylencia, but I have to ask this: Does anybody know of a rom (running honeycomb) that works 100% with wifi, bluetooth and 3G for the Viewpad 10s? I hate the stock rom, it has no Android Market or Google Play!!! zat Sux!!!