[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

n4d3k1ng

Apr 6, 2012
Hi all nice to meet you all im new here. Just bought a viewpad 10s and no matter what i try i cant get the usb drivers to instal so unable to install a custom rom. Using windows xp, a male a to male a usb cable, and the tab is plugged in connector. trust me did my research but nothing seems to work.

Anyone got any ideas on how i could fix this or any other way to flash it through micro sd instead? Please help i know the 3.2 is way better then the 2.2 which actual working things on it.

thanks in advance

Forgot to mention tried all the ways found on the net with step by step instructions still no luck. My device never appears as apx appears as unknown device any help would be awesome thanks in aadvance. Note im not new to rooting i.ve been installing custom roms on all my phones but the viewpad 10s is a pain for me so far......lol thank

mytoza

Mar 31, 2012
Forgot to mention tried all the ways found on the net with step by step instructions still no luck. My device never appears as apx appears as unknown device any help would be awesome thanks in aadvance. Note im not new to rooting i.ve been installing custom roms on all my phones but the viewpad 10s is a pain for me so far......lol thank
Use Audi from the Vega thread over at Modaco to uninstall your drivers and then reinstall them, then connect your tablet again, that's what works for me.
You can also use Audi to tell you when your tablet is in nvflash mode.
One little tip about installing the drivers for nvflash mode. Power on your tablet and when you see the backlight come on press and hold the power button for up to 8secs to switch it off.
Now hold down the back button for at least 2secs and don't let go then press the power button for 2 secs and let go but keep holding the back button down, you should hopefully see your PC start installing the drivers necessary for NVflash mode.

elf69

Sep 21, 2010
Hello again.

Sorry if this has been asked before (I must of missed it if it was)

Everytime I open the maps app and open the keyboard to type a destination, minute I type a letter my 10s reboots.
Any idea?

I have reflashed it twice!
bug or just my tablet?
If I use google maps on web it does not crash.

any ideas?

And I not bothered too much about 7.3 ROM, as current one works even my 3G with orange sim is great!
So just wait guys, all good things to those who wait :)

n4d3k1ng

Apr 6, 2012

Thanks ill give it a try tonight and tell you how that goes :)

daveloves

Apr 1, 2012
Hi, I just purchased a ViewSonic gTablet 16GB 10.1 and it is running 2.2 and i have not received it yet but should have it around Monday. Do you feel that the lastest build you listed ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 7.2 would be my best choice. I have not used or owned any gTablets yet so this will be my first. This company offer to root it for me but i think i might rather do it myself. They did not say what version they would use.. On the other hand i rooted my HP Tablet a couple weeks ago and it did not seem to hard but i used 4.3.1 i believe.. I do have a little problem with the battery use on the HP and don't want to have the same issue with this gTablet since i am getting it for my wife. She likes to keep up with me therefore asked me to sell her IPAD.. After all i eat Ipads all day :)

TifKag

Apr 17, 2011
Hi, I just purchased a ViewSonic gTablet 16GB 10.1 and it is running 2.2 and i have not received it yet but should have it around Monday. Do you feel that the lastest build you listed ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 7.2 would be my best choice. I have not used or owned any gTablets yet so this will be my first. This company offer to root it for me but i think i might rather do it myself. They did not say what version they would use.. On the other hand i rooted my HP Tablet a couple weeks ago and it did not seem to hard but i used 4.3.1 i believe.. I do have a little problem with the battery use on the HP and don't want to have the same issue with this gTablet since i am getting it for my wife. She likes to keep up with me therefore asked me to sell her IPAD.. After all i eat Ipads all day :)
Are you absolutely sure it's a Viewpad 10s.

Because it's the only viewsonic tablet the ROM will work on (not on a gTablet) !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

n4d3k1ng

Apr 6, 2012
Use Audi from the Vega thread over at Modaco to uninstall your drivers and then reinstall them, then connect your tablet again, that's what works for me.
You can also use Audi to tell you when your tablet is in nvflash mode.
One little tip about installing the drivers for nvflash mode. Power on your tablet and when you see the backlight come on press and hold the power button for up to 8secs to switch it off.
Now hold down the back button for at least 2secs and don't let go then press the power button for 2 secs and let go but keep holding the back button down, you should hopefully see your PC start installing the drivers necessary for NVflash mode.
so tried what you told me thanks by the way did not work went to by a less cheap usb cablee et voila problem solved love the viewcomb 7.2 build awesome and makes my $100 viewpad 10s look like a samsung tab no bugs so far apart from youtube being a bit buggy but i guess its: them . tthanks legionaire for this great rom love it

so

daveloves

Apr 1, 2012
Are you absolutely sure it's a Viewpad 10s.

Because it's the only viewsonic tablet the ROM will work on (not on a gTablet) !!!!!!!!

I realized i was in the wrong forum after i posted it, but hey thanks for the prompt reply post. It is totally a gtablet.
Thanks again.

smccrirr

Apr 15, 2012
Excellent ROM installed Viewcomb 7.2 and has given my Vega a new lease of live, was considering upgrading hardware as Corvus5 was locking up continually. Took 5 minutes to load new ROM and all my FC issues have been solved. Only outstanding issues Google MAPs restarts device, solved by removing updates and unable to wake the device from sleep requiring a hard restart, have to run a no sleep app.

n4d3k1ng

Apr 6, 2012
hi everyone was just wondering if there is a slight chance there will be a 7.3 build with netflix fix and wifi sleep mode issue where it appears as connected but stays bugged til you reboot. the quick fix is to disconnect wifi before you put in sleep mode then you can reactivate it with no bugs. dont get me wrong great build and i would donate gladlyfor it to continue receiving updates cause i know how much work it involves. thanks again legionnaire :)

xylencia

Mar 27, 2012
Thanks xylencia, but I have to ask this: Does anybody know of a rom (running honeycomb) that works 100% with wifi, bluetooth and 3G for the Viewpad 10s? I hate the stock rom, it has no Android Market or Google Play!!! zat Sux!!!

I don't know if we can consider anything 100% perfect. But using the method I described, I am very happy with ViewComb. I've tried HoneyIce also, and it too somethings has issues when the tablet goes into standy and the 3G sometimes doesn't come back. So my rule of thumb, is that whenever I know I am leaving the tablet for sometime, I just go into airplane mode and then subsequently get out of airplane mode when I need connectivity again. Works for me :)

pisisler

Apr 21, 2012
I would like to try this out and followed all the steps in PDF but no luck with installing the driver.. Please don't say it won't work for Vpad10 Pro 3G :(

Apr 21, 2012
Hello everybody,I have a problem with my new tablet - viewpad 10s.I just buy it,and after set language,it show me an error,and i restart my tablet,it is still start normally,any hard-key is working correctly,but the touch screen don't work anymore,my tablet is running android 2.2.
Can anyone help me solve this problem?

TifKag

Apr 17, 2011
I would like to try this out and followed all the steps in PDF but no luck with installing the driver.. Please don't say it won't work for Vpad10 Pro 3G :(
As the thread title says, this ROM will only work on a Viewpad 10s.
So i'm sad to say, i guess it's not for you :eek: