[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

brackett7

Feb 25, 2011
I have tried that but it still not working. What emulator are you using?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
when you first use the su binary in the Terminal Emulator, you have to approve the root access via SuperUser.. if you don't, it won't work.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I have tried that but it still not working. What emulator are you using?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Terminal Emulator version 22. I also tested going to the market and installed Terminal Emulator by ZTA Technologies v1.0 and it works too....it installed as another app so you will see 2 if you don't uninstall the original first. Hope this helps...

brackett7

Feb 25, 2011
It is not prompting me to approve the root access. I checked an SuperUser is running its just not asking me to approve it I am using Terminal Emulator version 22. Do you think i need to reinstall the SuperUser app?

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
It is not prompting me to approve the root access. I checked an SuperUser is running its just not asking me to approve it I am using Terminal Emulator version 22. Do you think i need to reinstall the SuperUser app?

Did you try the one from the market? It is worth a shot since it should prompt you again because it is not the same emulator version (it does exactly the same thing as v22). Also, are you having any trouble with ANY other app that requires su permissions?

Last edited:

brackett7

Feb 25, 2011
other apps that need SU are working fine. I will see if i can find another terminal app and give that a try.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
other apps that need SU are working fine. I will see if i can find another terminal app and give that a try.

Then somehow that program was denied access. Try searching for what I recommended a few posts ago...comes right up in the market and you will receive a superuser prompt when opening it.

tdaly001

Jan 27, 2011
l_n do you have a paypal / contribute button anywhere? As the only active developer for this tablet, I would like to encourage you and i am sure others would as well.

brackett7

Feb 25, 2011
I agree with tdaly001 i want to encourage you to keep working on this.

l_n and jeffc83 i was able to get the su comand but i had to use a crappy terminal emulator. the one i was using was the one you suggested. any ideas on how to get that one to work again. I cant find a white list in superUser to add it to.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
if you want to help, donate to cyanogen, koush, teamblackhat, or any of the others actually writing code and doing the real development for android. stericson is one of my favorite devs because he wrote ninjamorph, metamorph, and a couple of other utilities. if it weren't for these people, i wouldn't even know where to begin with this stuff.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I agree with tdaly001 i want to encourage you to keep working on this.

l_n and jeffc83 i was able to get the su comand but i had to use a crappy terminal emulator. the one i was using was the one you suggested. any ideas on how to get that one to work again. I cant find a white list in superUser to add it to.

I would try to reinstall the app again. Uninstall and go into the Superuser app and select terminal emulator from the list and choose forget. Reboot the tablet and reinstall terminal emulator. The superuser prompt should come right up for you.

brackett7

Feb 25, 2011
Terminal emulator is not list anywhere in the superuser list and i have uninstalled and reinstalled many times