[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

cupstack

Jan 28, 2011
I did get it installed, however, i can't seem to get the calendar to sync/update with google account like I thought I read in an earlier post in this topic. It tells me I have no calendars. Any ideas?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Nope.. Calendar ' just worked' for me when I tested it. I added events from my x, they showed up on the Kyros. Then I tried it the other way, and it worked.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
Another great release l_n!
I really like the black bar.
It would also b great to get a battery and wifi icon with more detail. I.e. signal strength and battery state.

I appreciate ur good work!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If I change the notification icons, I'll change the name as well since this was based on the watermarkd theme originally. I was thinking of going to a circle battery meter. Don't know about wifi, yet.

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
I suspect (from someone who knows just enough to be dangerous) the the Terminal Emulator SuperUser issue is related to the change in the System as l_n states "System shell(/system/bin/sh) has been replaced with bash". When Terminal Emulator boots it initializes to the former. Terminal eEmulator does have an editor to change the initial command and input strings, but I cannot tell you how to format the proper bash callout.

--Larry

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Actually, /system/bin/sh has been replaced by bash. I have no issues getting SuperUser access via terminal emulator. Btw, I use jack palovich's Android Terminal Emulator from the market.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I did notice an issue with the density at 160 when using the stock keyboard. I'm using the gingerbread keyboard now. Funny that everyone wants the density at 200, I'm leaning that way myself now....I guess its all preference. L_n, your rom runs very smooth...I may never switch back to my cyanogen rom ever again!

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Sorry but I didn't get the chance to post my gb keyboard yet...thanks for posting a link for others brackett7. I've got a 5 year old. What more is there to say?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I originally included a gbkb apk, but it kept force closing on me. I'll try again later..

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I originally included a gbkb apk, but it kept force closing on me. I'll try again later..

I can send you mine if you need it....I have also been "testing" other custom keyboards. Unfortunately, I have had better luck modding things like that when running froyo based builds on this and other devices. This one running 2.1 seems to be a unique challenge for me.