[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

Bane66

Feb 16, 2011
Another vote to change the default pixel density to 160 in the next build. I usually use LCD Density changer but the settings don't always stick at boot. I'd edit the build prop but I don't feel like installing the Android sdk and the Java sdk.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
you can edit the build.prop on the device with root explorer (built-in text editor (long-press the file and then scroll down to open in text editor)).

i'll see what i can do about the drawable-mdpi stuff... right now i'm trying to build as much of the aosp source as i can..

cupstack

Jan 28, 2011
I am considering using this rom. A question first - all the programs/apps I've downloaded and installed from the Android Market, will I need to reinstall them or will they remain on the tablet? Also, if i needed to get the tablet back to factory specs, would I use the same method mentioned in other posts about rooting the table?

Thanks for all your work.

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
for some reason everytime I flash this rom my home button stops responding. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

Shad3d1

Feb 27, 2011
Wow! Thank you so much l_n. I just installed Watery 1.1 and I must say it makes my Kyros feel like a machine that costs $200-$300 dollars more than what I paid for it. I appreciate the better screen density...makes it feel like higher resolution. The screen also feels faster and more responsive.

Thank you very much.

-Shad3d1

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
@thatoneguy: nope, and i'm doing much more risky stuff to my tablet than what i'm releasing... (i've already bootlooped at least twice today)

@cupstack: yes, you'll need to reinstall your apps. if you want to go back to stock, you can wipe data/factory reset and then install coby's update.zip. it formats /system for you and reflashes boot.img. then, when you boot it, it reinstalls the stock recovery.

i've gotten the mdpi icons fixed. tested on my own device. i'll probably have the next 1.1 version in a couple of days once i get it how i want it.

Last edited:

masimo

Feb 14, 2011
how to edit the build.prop to a density of 160 ???

I don't think it is too small at all....I find that 160 makes it easier to navigate web pages and menus. It also makes the tablet look like it has a much higher resolution than it really does. Many have not believed me when I tell them the actual resolution on the Kyros after showing them the tablet with this setting. It sucks too because now i can't go back to anything over 160 now because it makes everything look "fuzzier" now. Per your request, I have attached screenshots of my tablet with the density set at 160.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Use the text editor included with root explorer. /system/build.prop is commented where necessary. Once it's edited, reboot.

BTW, default density will stay at 200. The stock keyboard has artifacts beside a and l where the keyboard is not scaled properly. It looks like crap, so i'm going back to hdpi.

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
how to edit the build.prop to a density of 160 ???

Use root explorer to edit the file manually and reboot. If you want a free app, use lcd density from the market....keep in mind that the lcd density app resets on reboot. You can also use adb to pull the file to edit, then push it back.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
you have to recalibrate after any density change.

btw, i just noticed this thread is creeping up on 10k views.. i never thought this little update project would get so popular. thanks, guys, for the feedback and encouragement. and if you like this, go donate to some of the other devs that created the hacks/mods i've used (koush, stericson, teamblackhat, all the people sharing knowledge at that other forum that we all use as a reference.)

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
default density will stay at 200. The stock keyboard has artifacts beside a and l where the keyboard is not scaled properly.

+1 on 200 l_n... I changed the density when I downloaded the LCD app and anything under 200 would cause my eyes to hurt and headaches... Also apps didn't look to good imo.... It does look a little grainy but way better then before ... I would love to correct some of these colors...

@masimo... Yes the screen is very responsive and smooth.. I don't know why but the Web feels abit slower then 1.0c I seems to load a couple a seconds more then b4... maybe its just me...

@ l_n ... Maybe with the next one you can change/add to the notifacation bar the options of color for the time and date... I do like the black but you have to really look to see it ... The volume bottuns to me are fine and when you drag down the bar the black looks good.... for me its just the time and date for when you drop down the bar...

Will do on the donation ...

My battery seems to be lasting abit longer ... I did clean it up abit ... tomorrow will be a good testing day at work ... I will run my music app and see how low it will get after 8 hours ...

Last edited: