[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

cupstack

Jan 28, 2011
Update - I installed this mod yesterday, but it didn't seem to do everything as 'promised'. So, I worked with it a while and did not get anywhere. I also had installed this mod on top of a tablet that I had already rooted and had googleapps, etc installed. I decided to unroot, get back to factory settings, start from scratch and WOOHOO! I finally got everything working.

Thanks l_n

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Finally got my home button working. Titanium backup doesn't mix well with this rom apparently. Quadrant of over 300 though, nice work!
Any chance of changng default orientation from landscape to portrait? I hate having it rotate when I'm trying to read laying down.thanks again for all the hard work!

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

Bro Droid

Feb 26, 2011
Finally got my home button working. Titanium backup doesn't mix well with this rom apparently. Quadrant of over 300 though, nice work!
Any chance of changng default orientation from landscape to portrait? I hate having it rotate when I'm trying to read laying down.thanks again for all the hard work!

When the main screen for titanium pops up, select the problems button. It will ask to install busy box through titanium. Once I did that the backup process worked with no problems. This may not have been your problem but it was a problem for me.

Sent from my Droid

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
It backed up and restored fine, but whenever I flashed a new rom and restored apps and data the home button wouldn't work. Odd thing is, I found if I restored apps only and not data, home button works.must be a conflict or corrupted app data file, I've been restoring app data one at a time to try to figure out what app is causing the issues.

shumad1

Jan 10, 2011
I wanted to thank you for your fantastic work on the Watery ROM! The screen responsive alone is reason enough to be thrilled. GREAT work!

coyoteblue

Mar 1, 2011
L_N, you have done a really nice job with this ROM. The speed improvement is very noticeable. My only problem has been with the Terminal emulator. Now that you have changed to bash, I keep getting uid 100065 - not allowed to su when i enter su. I would like to modify the command line under preferences from /system/bin/sh but not sure what to enter for the program to recognize bash. Keep up the great work! I am using TE that you listed earlier.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
If you're having trouble typing accurately after changing the density, don't forget to recalibrate your keyboard. Menu/Settings/Language & Keyboard/Touch Input/Text Input/Calibration Tool. I haven't tried it on the kyros yet but will tonight.....

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
Restoring apps with Titanium was the cause of the unresponsiveness of the app drawer.
I reinstalled Watery and reinstalled my appear from scratch.

Awesome again.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Check the permissions in the SuperUser app for the terminal emulator issue. If you miss the dialog, I think it defaults to deny after 10-15 secs.
Oh, and /system/bin/sh is bash.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mdparent

Jan 4, 2011
Can this rom be overclocked using SetCPU? If so, what is a good setting?

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
No one has successfully built a custom kernel yet, so no overclocking.

Back to the su issue, use adb to check the permissions of /system/bin/su. They should be 4755, and the file needs to be owned by root.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Back to the su issue, use adb to check the permissions of /system/bin/su. Thanks l_n....
I checked my term app in super user and it was listed in there . But when i typed su it wouldn't give me access ... I typed exactly what you posted then enter and i got su now ....

mdparent

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks l_n. Using watery right now. Works great. No problems yet.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App