[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Try downloading anreboot, itll let you boot right into recovery

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Just to reiterate, ROM Manager does not work on this tablet .

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
For those asking about connecting to thier phone for wifi, there are instructions on this forum for people to connect to an ad hoc network on their android phones using any rom....I'm sure l_n is working on bigger and better things at the moment. I would like to switch to be able to switch over easier but would like to see some other major improvements first.

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
I dont know about anyone else, but I can tether my tablet to my phone with zero issues, it automatically picks up my phones wifi hotspot. Running gingerbread cm7 on cdma htc desire.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I dont know about anyone else, but I can tether my tablet to my phone with zero issues, it automatically picks up my phones wifi hotspot. Running gingerbread cm7 on cdma htc desire.

I had problems with the gingerbread rom but also had no truble tethering. Not to get off the subject but how is gingerbread working for your phone? I'm having a lot of mixed results on the different roms available for the OG Droid.

Last edited:

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Great actually. On build 67, only thing not working is video playback. Quadrant of 1300. not as high as on froyo, I was getting around 1700-1800, but its been improving. I like the look and functions alot more than froyo though.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Great actually. On build 67, only thing not working is video playback. Quadrant of 1300. not as high as on froyo, I was getting around 1700-1800, but its been improving. I like the look and functions alot more than froyo though.

Thanks for your reply. I have been thinking of trying one of their roms again. Back to the actual forum.... I hope l_n can correct color quality on this tablet at one point. I'm trying to learn as much about coding as possible but it is going to take a lot of time before I can help anyone modify these roms.

chuckallison

Dec 12, 2010
To all,

If you can follow the instructions change to this rom. You won't be disappointed.
Great work.

Sent from my coby mid7015. using Android Tablet Forum App

bullitt6996

Aug 24, 2010
Just to reiterate, ROM Manager does not work on this tablet .

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hey l_n,

Do you know if anyone is working a port or fix for that? It seems to me if we could get ROM Manager working on this tablet it would open up a lot of dev doors for new ROMs, what do you think?

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Where do you type /input
chmod 7055/ ....
to let terminal emulator recognize SU?
TE doesn't seem to accept the command w/o SU.
Thanks, --Larry

-- Sent from my Kyros 7015 from the Android Tablet forum, powered by Tapatalk.

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Hey l_n,

Do you know if anyone is working a port or fix for that? It seems to me if we could get ROM Manager working on this tablet it would open up a lot of dev doors for new ROMs, what do you think?

I dont use rom manager at all, I find it causes more problems than it helps. Doing it manually may take a few more minutes, but you know all the steps have been successfully completed that way.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I dont use rom manager at all, I find it causes more problems than it helps. Doing it manually may take a few more minutes, but you know all the steps have been successfully completed that way.

I completely agree. Things have gotten screwed up for me in the past because of rom manger. When I first learned how to root, I used it exclusively but then realized IF I was having an issue with a certain rom, it was due to rom manager not wiping completely. It's well worth taking the extra time to use clockwork so everything runs well.....like clockwork.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
the color issue is most likely due to the screen + the mali gpu.

use an adb shell to run chmod. if you've flashed the rom already, adbd runs as root and will default to a root shell when you run 'adb shell' from your pc.

oh, and ROM Manager does have one use... it provides an association for the zip MIMEtype, allowing you to download zip files from your android device. :D

Last edited:

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
For those asking about connecting to thier phone for wifi, there are instructions on this forum for people to connect to an ad hoc network on their android phones using any rom....I'm sure l_n is working on bigger and better things at the moment. I would like to switch to be able to switch over easier but would like to see some other major improvements first.

I agree with you Jeff ..So far I love this rom..everything Is faster and Smoother....

I can't wait to see what l_n comes up with....

Guess I can try to Follow the Instructions On tethering I'm just not that good at doing it unless there is a Video to Watch or some type of step by step proceedure...
I guess its a good way to Learn...

OH Darn I almost forgot...For some time now I haven't had any sound on my tablet..I have checked the settings and it is not in silent mode..
This happened when I installed the update from coby about a Month Ago...Does anyone have any Suggestions on what might have happened....Because I'm Stumpped..
And As I said Before l_n You Are the Best,Thank You

Last edited: