[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
@l_n....that sucks but I figured it would be all hardware related. I'm still excited for the next build anyway:)

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
Maybe its just me but where the hell did my live wallpapers go?

Danyel If you Used this ROM the Live Wallpapers Have to be installed....bring up File Explorer Or whatever you Use to See your SD card...On the SDCard you will see a File Called watery-optional..you will find the Installs for the wallpapers there...

benash

Dec 16, 2010
Did you remember to wipe data and cache before installing? There were some library and system some changes that need old cruft removed before it will work 100% like it should.

I'm currently working on 1.2. There well probably be another 1.1 before that, though. I'm trying to get working aosp stuff for 1.2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

l_n: Thanks for that tip- i did wipe the data, but didn't wipe the cache! I will try that and let you know if that made a difference! In a later post, you mentioned the color probelm- was that meant for me?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
It was for whoever said something about fixing colors...

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Still confused
1. Started adb shell from PC
2. Entered 4755 /system/bin/su
no errors, but Terminal Emulator still enters "localhost" & doesn't recognize SU
Ideas?
Thanks --Larry

-- Sent from my Kyros 7015 from the Android Tablet forum, powered by Tapatalk.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You forgot the 'chmod' before 4755. Also, run chown root.root /system/bin/su

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Thanks l_n. My typing error in the post- I did have CHMOD prior to 4755.

I assume that the CHOWN entry must be prior to CHMOD.

This problem is only on Coby #2. On Coby #1, somehow after several TE installation attempts it magically "took" and these steps were not required.

--Larry

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Ran CHOWN then CHMOD, but still comes up as user 10035 localhost and SU not allowed. ???? --Larry

ADB SHELL on the Coby that works responds sh-3.2#
onn
Coby #2 it responds: (colorcode) localhost (colorcode) / # colorcode

--LRS

Last edited:

Danyel724

Mar 2, 2011
I looked for it and I can see it when I hook my tablet to my computer and look at the files that but when I try to find it using io manager I can't find it.

Sent from my kyros using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
larrys: are you using the same sd card in both tablets to flash the rom? if so, bash is looking for its config file at /sdcard/bash_profile, which means you need some sort of sd card in this with a copy of bash_profile from the rom on it for bash to work properly.

danyel: what?

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
No. There separate accounts & separate SD cards in each Kyros. I am visiting a friend who has one. We just cleared all data w/ fresh watery 1.1, but after TE install still have the localhost issue.

-- Sent from my Kyros 7015 from the Android Tablet forum, powered by Tapatalk.

mdparent

Jan 4, 2011
I flashed 1.1 and then tried to restore items with Titanium but says did not have root rights. So I just used z4root "re-root" again and everything worked great. No problems so far. Cant wait for the next version. Thanks l_n.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
What I find strange is I format everything but my sdcard when I flash this and have root access via su/SuperUser every time.
Have you guys forgotten to wipe data/cache?

jbaird

Jan 1, 2011
Just installed Watery Kyros. Fantastic!! I sort of fouled up my original rooting and there were a few things I was too lazy to fix. Watery did it all; better perfoemance and better battery life. KUTGW (Keep Up The Goog Work)!!! and thanks a million.