[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I'm getting a very good quadrant score with this rom (319 on avg)....well done. Just so everyone knows the cyanogen rom only gets a quadrant score of 389 on average which is not much better than this watery rom. It also isnt worth the bugs with the cyanogen ported rom. I'm very impressed with this rom as ive never seen android 2.1 run as smooth as froyo. Keep up the great work l_n!

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Jeff my best quadrant is only a tad over 300, are you running anything else besides this rom?

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

benash

Dec 16, 2010
l_n just tried your new rom and everything I access on the browser is blue in color- since you never answered my previous post, am I to assume that it's just a quirk on my tablet? Would love to use your creation!

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
l_n just tried your new rom and everything I access on the browser is blue in color- since you never answered my previous post, am I to assume that it's just a quirk on my tablet? Would love to use your creation!

Does this happen with the browser app? mine opened fine ... Did you try to put the Google widget up and searched from there ?

If you haven't yey Try to restore into one of your bachups and reflash the zip.... Good luck...

benash

Dec 16, 2010
sndplace: thanks for the reply- I have tried it with several different browsers- it first happened with 1.c so I restored to a previous version. When I saw the newer one up tonight, I thought I'd try again and the same thing is happening. It seems to turn everything that is either brown or orange, a blue shade. Don't know what else to do as the tablet definitely responds better with this rom.

coyoteblue

Mar 1, 2011
Well, trying to use adb (which is another whole bag of worms for me and did not work), I found out I do get su permission if I unmount the sd card in Settings or, if connected to the computer, I mount usb connected external. Interestingly, I get a notice that states /sdcard/bash_profile: permission denied when su does work. I tried the chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su when Teminal Emulator was working for me, but it made no difference with the above. Concerning Adb, Device manager in windows will recognize the Android winusb_driver but for some reason is not able to load the driver. I am using the substitute usb driver from rapidshare.com. Ah, so much to learn and so little time! Anyway, thanks for your help.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
@coyoteblue
/system/bin/su.... I don't know if you typed just this or chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su < this... But i typed in term app the first thing i posted and it gave me su.. also i did see term listed in superuser.Did you ? ... I think you already posted the answer but I didn't scroll back to check ... And just to make sure when you open the term app you have the tablet in portail mode and u close the keyboard to see the button to approve superuser ?

@Benash Did 1.0a or b worked for you ? if so maybe you can remove the browser in 1.1 and push the 1 in the zip that worked for you... If that can be done or make a difference... And I'm sure you did , But you did clear the cache before you zipped right ?

@ l_n I downloaded a SDK file and Java from an other form... Is this what you use to work on the rom ? It was stated that you can run your test thru this program to see how your rom or kernel will run and also tet apps ... What I wantd to do was work on the music app... I don;t know I the volume or power that the sound comes out from the 3.5 end can be adjusted but thats what I wanted to use it for...

Last edited:

coyoteblue

Mar 1, 2011
OK, I changed to chmod 4755 /system/bin/su from /system/xbin/su and all is working again w/ terminal emulator. Sorry about the previous message.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Jeff my best quadrant is only a tad over 300, are you running anything else besides this rom?

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

I do NOT recommend for others to do this but I set the tab to run at a minimum 500 MHz when awake and normal settings when the screen is off. I also use a program called auto memory manager and push it to its limits to stop apps from running....Ive also changed the way system apps run by freezing almost all of them and removing certain ones. Again, no one should try this just to get a slightly higher quadrant score. I'm very picky and want a VERY responsive tablet at a low cost.

benash

Dec 16, 2010
@coyoteblue
/system/bin/su.... I don't know if you typed just this or chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su < this... But i typed in term app the first thing i posted and it gave me su.. also i did see term listed in superuser.Did you ? ... I think you already posted the answer but I didn't scroll back to check ... And just to make sure when you open the term app you have the tablet in portail mode and u close the keyboard to see the button to approve superuser ?

@Benash Did 1.0a or b worked for you ? if so maybe you can remove the browser in 1.1 and push the 1 in the zip that worked for you... If that can be done or make a difference... And I'm sure you did , But you did clear the cache before you zipped right ?

@ l_n I downloaded a SDK file and Java from an other form... Is this what you use to work on the rom ? It was stated that you can run your test thru this program to see how your rom or kernel will run and also tet apps ... What I wantd to do was work on the music app... I don;t know I the volume or power that the sound comes out from the 3.5 end can be adjusted but thats what I wanted to use it for...

I tried 1.c and had the problem- reversed the install with recovery and the problem went away. Loaded 1.1 tonight TWICE and had the problem- have just now recovered again, and no problem- it onlyd does this while on the 'net. Native apps look fine...guess I'll have to stay wit the original stuff...

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Did you remember to wipe data and cache before installing? There were some library and system some changes that need old cruft removed before it will work 100% like it should.

I'm currently working on 1.2. There well probably be another 1.1 before that, though. I'm trying to get working aosp stuff for 1.2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
l_n is there a possibility that you would be able to include the supplicant file so we can use Wifi from our Android Phones....

OH and Awesome Rom thank you Now my coby flies..

quonmozes

Dec 25, 2010
im new to android, especally roms. i have downloaded the rom and i downloaded rom manager.but when i click "flash clockworkmod recovery" and it brings up a page that says i have to download clockwork mod recovery. i though i already had it but i click on it anyway. but it doesnt show kyros on the list to download...so how am i going to install this rom?? i remember when i first rooted it brought me to the clockwork mod recovery. is there any way i can just boot into it with a button hold combonation? please help :(

Last edited: