[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
when attempting to use Terminal Emulater i got SU: uid 10052 not allowed to su
how do i use the adb command to fix this?. i was reading the previous comments but im still confused?
when i go to the (cmd)command prompt do i type " adb shell " after the c: documents/settings/owner

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Yes. That will get you a root shell.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

coyoteblue

Mar 1, 2011
when attempting to use Terminal Emulater i got SU: uid 10052 not allowed to su
how do i use the adb command to fix this?. i was reading the previous comments but im still confused?
when i go to the (cmd)command prompt do i type " adb shell " after the c: documents/settings/owner

I was having the same problem. After adb shell you should get a # sign. Enter su and you should get a $ sign. Then enter chmod 4755 /system/bin/su. This way I had su permission in Terminal Emulator w/o having to use adb in the first place. That got rid of the uid not allowed to su error. This might help others who do not have adb setup and are having problems with su not working. I found out I do get su permission if I unmount the sd card in Settings or, if connected to the computer, I mount usb connected external.

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Once again I feel compelled to ask, did you remember to wipe data and cache before installing? this could be the source of quite a few of the issues being posted here..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fubarito

Mar 6, 2011
Just got my 7015 on Friday and installed watery yesterday and wattta diff.

BTW, the steps here were sooo simple even with my Kyros having the latest update out of the box I was able to install the recovery.img and bammmmm. ..

Props for the OP

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

wastemoney

Mar 6, 2011
For those who failed to gain su in Terminal Emulator - "uid not allowed to su"error. The way I fixed was using z4root to unroot > reboot (not sure if this is required but I did anyway) > root permanently, and I regained the su in TE (note: reroot option doesn't work) . I had issue before that I was unable to copy flash_image from sdcard to system/bin even with su, and this is how I fixed that issue. I had coby less than a week, and very new to android. Not sure if this is the right procedure

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Once again I feel compelled to ask, did you remember to wipe data and cache before installing? this could be the source of quite a few of the issues being posted here

Hey L_n i follwed your instructions on how to install this ROM from the begining. i dont know if you said to clear cache. i know you wrote wipe data reset . maybe this is whats causing my problem? what do i do now ?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
easiest way to fix the su binary is from adb.
Code:
C:\blah\blah\blah> adb shell
# chown root.root /system/bin/su
# chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
# exit
C:\blah\blah\blah> exit
the c:\> and # are just prompts, don't include them in your commands.. do this from your pc with the kyros connected and USB Debugging turned on in the Applications -> Development settings

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
I had this problem but figured it out. I have another question / request. I use fix_permissions to repair mismatch problems with installed packages. I cannot get it to work on watery. I just noticed the problem when a suduku package started force closing (I had just upgraded to watery1.1 and titanium misbehaved). Could you take a look at that and perhaps (if you find free time) and include fix_permissions in future efforts. I suspect that bash may have broken it but I don't know. I am back to my pre-watery install and will install c adn test it there then 1.1. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Bill

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Hey L_N im sorry for being such a pain. the problem im having is im connected to my pc with USB
USB debugging is checked
i type cmd at the command prompt
i have c:\documents and settings\owner
i type adb shell
i get adb is not recognized as an internal or external command.

if i do cd\
cd android-sdk-windows
cd platform-tools
adb kill-server
adb devices
my kyros # shows up
i type adb shell
this is what i get
←[01;31mlocalhost←[01;34m / #←[00m

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
that's the prompt.. it looks like the ansi codes for the prompt aren't being interpreted by cmd.exe properly. you can safely ignore that. just put in the commands as if the screwy escape codes weren't there.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
ok i dont what happened but what i did was uninstall TE while i was connected to my PC with USB and also mounted internal and external on Coby then re-downloaded TE app from market opened TE it askes for super user permission. and viola it worked....

deenybird

Mar 6, 2011
thanks for your work l_n.
Suggestion for instructions: Step 1 says 'Reboot into clockwork recovery' but there are no instructions for that.
Question: Does your ROM include coby's update.zip? Since I saw no mention if it, I tried to install it prior to your ROM but it would not install through clockwork recovery, so i skipped it.

Also it seems as this installed the 'older' version of the Android Market, not the new market with new design. How do we go about getting new version?

Really looking forward to adhoc tethering working! Don't know how you android guys get by without this critical feature, on a wifi only tablet especially. Tethering iphone to ipad works a charm!

EDIT: After a few launches, the marketplace updated itself to the latest version.

Last edited:

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Hey L_N I think i celebrated too early i super user access but when i open up TE local host is colored green and the / $ is in blue
now when i type su i get the same thing again su: wid 10052 not allowed to su

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Take a look at my March 5 post to see how we solved the TE-SU issue. Interesting that it only occurred on one of a pair of Kyros (Kyrii?) that were set up pretty much together.
--Larry

-- Sent from my Kyros 7015 from the Android Tablet forum, powered by Tapatalk.