Stock ROM dump link for the 8042

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
Started this so we can try and keep the three units separated to minimized confusion. Here is a stock ROM dump link for the 8042 for anyone who wants to try and modify it. There currently is no rooted ROM for the 8042. I will revise or remove this post once rooted ROM's are posted.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Shinisuryu

Just got a 8042 today, just rooted it and dumped, thought I'd throw it up here in case it'll help.
biggrin.png

Only other thing installed besides stock/superuser is Root Checker Pro, hope that's not a problem. If wanted, I'll do as fresh of a dump as possible, restore it and all first.

File wouldn't upload here, I'm assuming because of the size, so I put it on my dropbox. XD

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1510933/MID8042_dump.zip

Last edited:

RedDeer

May 3, 2012
THIS THREAD IS MIS-LABELED ...... ADMINISTRATOR, Please Delete / Remove This Thread.
CAUTION: THE ABOVE IS NOT A CUSTOM ROM FOR THE MID8042. DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR TRY TO FLASH THE ABOVE DOCUMENT.

The above zip file contains a System Dump of the MID8042 (boot.img - bootloader.img - recovery.img - system.tgz)

The Dump Files should have been (and were) properly posted HERE: Requesting firmware dumps from Coby Generation 3 devices

If @Steev (or other developer) is still working on Coby Gen 3 Custom ROMs, he will take the above Dump files and Cook a Custom ROM.
When @Steev is done, he will post a thread with this label. Then and Only Then.
Again, Administrator, Please Consider Deleting / Removing This Thread. Until A Proper Custom ROM for 8042 is Available.

Last edited:

sokar311

May 16, 2012
THIS THREAD IS MIS-LABELED ...... ADMINISTRATOR, Please Delete / Remove This Thread.
CAUTION: THE ABOVE IS NOT A CUSTOM ROM FOR THE MID8042. DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR TRY TO FLASH THE ABOVE DOCUMENT.

The above zip file contains a System Dump of the MID8042 (boot.img - bootloader.img - recovery.img - system.tgz)

The Dump Files should have been (and were) properly posted HERE: Requesting firmware dumps from Coby Generation 3 devices

If @Steev (or other developer) is still working on Coby Gen 3 Custom ROMs, he will take the above Dump files and Cook a Custom ROM.
When @Steev is done, he will post a thread with this label. Then and Only Then.
Again, Administrator, Please Consider Deleting / Removing This Thread. Until A Proper Custom ROM for 8042 is Available.

Hi, last night i finished baking a modified rom, rooted, with google apps and of course google play, i am currently testing it, i will be posting the .img file later when i get back from the office.

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
@RedDeer....I thought I was clear that the first post was a STOCK ROM that hopefully someone could mod, it looks like Steev is MIA. My concern was the amount of confusion in the other post with 8042 questions interwoven in 7042 and 9742 [ROM] threads. I just wanted to set the stage for when a revised ROM were made, they would have their own thread and not get posted (and lost) in the inappropriate 7042 and 9742 threads. Sorry for the confusion...if any.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for this dump I would appreciate it if you could leave this up til next week or upload somewhere else that I could get a hold of it, I am on vacation, no pc here to download this to right now. I ordered a 8042 should be in soon, I always like to look at several dumps to see if Coby is using different versions.

Thanks just got home your, version is the same as mine.I don't have a second version to work with.

Last edited: