[ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros 8042 - Rooted, Google Apps, Google Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
But you are correct, it seems too many simply don't read the stickys or the full thread.
I don't understand the aversion to reading sticky posts that some of our posters apparently have. Even when told to read the sticky posts they more often than not skim it to get to the root utility or the custom ROM links and then wonder why something doesn't work as expected. Or else they make an assumption based upon their ignorance.

This post and the three that follow it illustrate both this aversion to reading and the ignorance of the poster.

thejron

Dec 5, 2012
No, we keep warning people not to use this method as it almost always ends up bricking or disabling tablets, yet people like yourself don't listen and flash it anyway. nothing can be done.

Ive flashed many android phones witg great success. I googled "mid 8042 rom" and this came up. On other sites if there is an issue with a rom the thread is edited or taken down. So for that reason I didnt spend an hour reading through the thread. So if I go exchange these what method do I use to install google play store? Thanks!

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Ive flashed many android phones witg great success. I googled "mid 8042 rom" and this came up. On other sites if there is an issue with a rom the thread is edited or taken down. So for that reason I didnt spend an hour reading through the thread. So if I go exchange these what method do I use to install google play store? Thanks!

You are right. Pm the mods like I just did.

Here's the thread you want:

Linux Users, Coby 8042, Root, Recovery, Update, All Without Livesuite

It is also usual procedure to read the sticky posts in forums on this and most other sites.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Thread closed. The information within it will remain for reference purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.