9742 MBR problems and such post here.

diegomol

Sep 23, 2012
Traveller, the first problem on this post in just for screen inverted, and i'm having axis problem and camera not working with steev rooting, that's because the only solution was to replace drivers, and i did that. ;)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Then keep reading, because the axis issue and camera issue combined were, if not mistaken, also solved in this thread.

diegomol

Sep 23, 2012
My friend, i solved the axis and camera issue following all of this steps before, my post was not to solve the axis problem, was to solve the after axis/camera issue that i got and is strange.... The problem is that after doing the Steev rooting, and replacing camera and touch drivers works really fine, except that after i run some good apps (well known) from goggle play the touchscreen starts to run strange, example: i open browser and if I type with 1 finger multiple random keys are pressed, and sometimes keeps pressing keys without touching it.

The model of the tablet is a MID9742-8, do u know were I could get the original Rom files to get it back to stock? and make the patch that you recomend with CWM?
I want to use CWM to make a fix like some guy did here, but since steev rooting is model GT-P6xxx CWM says that does not know the device and i dont know how to proceed from there.

Really thanks for your help m8 ;)

diegomol

Sep 23, 2012
Anyone please help, i figured out that the screen goes touchy when i plug the power source. and that is the issue, while connected to usb or with no power source all works smoothly.

i've posted into this post
[h=1]Screen Problems for 9742[/h]and seems that i am not the only one with this issue from steev CWF. I own a MID9742-8

Thanks

p3r3gr1n0

Sep 9, 2012
How to solve the problem with the inverted touchscreen axis:
If you want to continue with google play, first install the Cfw as explained by Steev here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...kyros-9742-rooted-deodexed-google-play-8.html or ignore it.

Ok, so what's is the cause of the problem? Somehow the first MID9742-8 and GT-P6210 uses the same hardware but the new MID9742-8 don't. So what happened then? The android system is pointing to a wrong driver.
To fix it you will need a file manager like root explorer: Root Explorer v2.20.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Rijon Miah
You will download the right modules: Modules - MID9742-8.zip (gt2005.ko and gt801_2plus1.ko) and use Root explorer to overwrite the files with the same name in the directory /system/vendor/modules/.
After it, reboot your tablet and it will work as it should be. Don't forget to backup the files first.
I'm with google play and the right drivers now.

thanks for the effort! solved the problem!!!

y para los que tengan el mismo problema les dejo el Link en español de todo el proceso!!

ROM Coby Kyros 9742 - Rooteada y con Google Play + problemas - Taringa!

crnrstne

Sep 28, 2012
Thanks to all the comments here and on all these posts. I just got my 9742-8 working great. Google apps, google play and tomorrow I will try and install google maps along with some other goodies such as chrome. I will do a dump and upload it to steev as soon as I can so he can build one with the corroect screen/camera drivers. Awesome droid tab for the money. Who needs Ipad anyway. Now if I can get an app for work that would do the trick....lol :cool:

I was like a dog hunting it's prey and didn't want to let go. It took all day to figure it out but by investigating and putting it all together, like some have done it is working great. I hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know. I am not an expert but listened to them today.

Do the CFW mod described in the original posting [ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros 9742 - rooted, deodexed file: cfw_coby_9742_4.0.3_0.1

If you experience the inverted touch screen axis or camera not working then perform the following.

gt2005-2015.ko - Camera failure
gt2005.ko, gt801_2plus1.ko - Inverted touch and screen

attach an usb mouse for navigation and open Google Play Store and do a search for Root Explorer, download and install it.

open Root Explorer navigate to the /system/vendor/modules folder.

and select options on the top right and then multi-select.

select the three files gt2005.ko, gt2005-2015.ko and gt801_2plus1.ko.

select zip from the menu at the bottom. they will be saved on the /sdcard/

now select move from the menu at the bottom and move them to another location (double asfety just in case)

Verify that the three files are no longer in the /system/vendor/modules folder.

Install an adb shell program to your windows PC

extract the files to the folder c:\adb tool

download the 2 zip files mentioned in earlier posts Modules - MID9742-8.zip and gt2005-2015.ko

extract these zips files to the c:\adb tool folder

Download and install Pdanet for Android This will install the drivers that you need for the Coby

Connect your tablet to the computer with an usb cable and wait for the drivers to load.

After the drivers load sucessfully open a command promt from XP - Start Run WIN7 Start search at botom.

Type cd c:\adb tool\adb tool

adb remount

adb push gt2005.ko /system/vendor/modules

verify successful copy

adb push gt2005-2015.ko /system/vendor/modules

verify successful copy

adb push gt801_2plus1.ko /system/vendor/modules

verify successful copy

open root explorer and open /system/vendor/modules and verify that the three files are now there.

Reboot your tablet and leave the usb mouse connected to select OK to shut down or just hold the power button untill it does shutdown. Yous should be good to go like mine.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Steev hasn't been here in months. That means no updates. The lack of updates as well as the driver issues are why I've been pushing using Clockworkmod to get the Google apps on the tablet, rather than using Livesuit and risking permanent bricking of my tablet.

We always encourage more dumps.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Traveller1701 said:
Steev hasn't been here in months. That means no updates. The lack of updates as well as the driver issues are why I've been pushing using Clockworkmod to get the Google apps on the tablet, rather than using Livesuit and risking permanent bricking of my tablet.

We always encourage more dumps.

People always amaze me on what they are willing to do. Using livesuite to get google playstore is like shooting yourself in the leg just to get a free sucker from a nurse at the hospital.
All the pain and recovery time wasted instead of just getting the sucker to begin with, oh well.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I should ask her or one of the other users of this ROM to make a dump, so I can get the deodexed files and perhaps assemble my own ROM. Mobiz has the "video upside down" issue on my tablet. It'd be easier and less time consuming working with the deodexed files than deodexing one of my dumps.

Of course, the point is pretty much moot. My only annoyance with the stock ROM is the battery indicator, since it only counts down in increments of ten. So I uploaded files to the UOT Kitchen in order to see if I can get a battery indicator that counts down in increments of one on the 9742. If that works I can release my own ROM anyway. It simply will be odexed.

Last edited:

flippa

Nov 28, 2012
Hi I'd just like to big you guys up because thanks to your previous work I have managed to root and flash my 9742 all is great except the camera doesn't work any advice would be
gratefully recieved

escher

Dec 27, 2012
I have apparently shot myself in the leg for the easy sucker. Too bad I didnt come across the info to NOT use livesuite before I did. Now that I'm all bloody with google play working (and no camera) any way to fix the damage?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have apparently shot myself in the leg for the easy sucker. Too bad I didnt come across the info to NOT use livesuite before I did. Now that I'm all bloody with google play working (and no camera) any way to fix the damage?

What exactly is wrong, just no camera? and when you say no camera what does that mean? no camera app, no camera hole.

escher

Dec 27, 2012
Thanks for the fast reply! Sorry for my vague comment about the camera... There os a front and rear camera.
The tablet cannot find/connect to the camera and it gives an error message when the camera app is launched. If it were windows I'd just check the drivers... Android doesn't seem quite as simple.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for the fast reply! Sorry for my vague comment about the camera... There os a front and rear camera.
The tablet cannot find/connect to the camera and it gives an error message when the camera app is launched. If it were windows I'd just check the drivers... Android doesn't seem quite as simple.

Sounds like your drivers, in this case most likely like your windows, see what drivers should be loading, then check and make sure they are loading.

user012211

Jan 8, 2013
Mr Vampirefo Sir,

Please I really really really need your help with my COBY KYROS mid9742.
Well actually its my girlfriend's and she asked me to ROOT it.

I tried the procedure where it involved a Livesuite and a ROOTED img file.
UNFORTUNATELY after doing so, the screen became inverted. OMG!

:(Please help me how i can fix this or else my girlfriend is going to KILL ME :(