CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
PS: new forum theme looks cool, and faster too. Maybe just a bit too "bright"... lol

was just thinking the same thing.. I did see they put us a new Dev forum in there too.. guess these threads will get moved over yonder.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks

Yeah, that's the "Honeycomb" battery icon from UOT.
I think I will use it in the stock theme also next time.

:p did you save your UOT settings? i learned the hardway that different release of gingerbread's "framework.res" are not always compatible.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
beings that its almost holloween, let me take out my skeleton key and open up the bug crypt of generations past...
1) does it loose wifi sync if the tablet falls asleep ?
2) go to the android market on your pc and see your fingerprint. can you dnld anything ?
3) does the music player work ( android sound service )
4) if you wish the latest version of an app but the install is interrupted with an error message of "Package file was not signed correctly" ?
5) does the hdmi talk to anything else beside 'LG' brand monitors ?

1) I always set my wifi setting to Always ON so i really dont know if wifi loose synch...but my wrt54g is really dependable even if its 6yrs+ old already
4) Havent seen that problem yet
5) It works with my Panasonic LCD TV

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
Hi. A couples of questions.

1) Volume bottoms do works?
2) Sotf Bottoms do works?
3) Camera do works?
4) G sensor do works?
5) With this ROM the Kyros recognized any flashdrive, keyboard, bluetooth doogle and 3G USB modem?

I have my 7024 with the original ROM (yet) i want to put it something better. If i install your ROM and then i want to comeback to the original ROM, can i do it? with no problem at all?

Thank a lot dude!! :D :D

yikzu

Apr 12, 2011
Steev or anyone who's tried the ROM

The last Rom I installed was the "703_gingerbread_2.3.17" but I used the Honeycomb theme... When I first flashed it settings would crash... Once I deleted the settings.apk from the Honeycomb folder it worked fine. Do I have to do this with this Alldro2 ROM too? I noticed there's a settings.apk in "the utv210_root.tgz\system\app" as well...

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hi. A couples of questions.

1) Volume bottoms do works?
2) Sotf Bottoms do works?
3) Camera do works?
4) G sensor do works?
5) With this ROM the Kyros recognized any flashdrive, keyboard, bluetooth doogle and 3G USB modem?

I have my 7024 with the original ROM (yet) i want to put it something better. If i install your ROM and then i want to comeback to the original ROM, can i do it? with no problem at all?

Thank a lot dude!! :D :D

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. I tried a flash drive, but wasn't able to get it to work.
USB keyboard works
USB mouse works
Bluetooth dongle - untested, but should work
3g modem - same as bluetooth

Yes, you can go back to the original ROM if you want to.

There is a chance of bricking, but there are unbricking methods available:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...t-reviving-hard-bricked-kyros.html#post131990

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Steev or anyone who's tried the ROM

The last Rom I installed was the "703_gingerbread_2.3.17" but I used the Honeycomb theme... When I first flashed it settings would crash... Once I deleted the settings.apk from the Honeycomb folder it worked fine. Do I have to do this with this Alldro2 ROM too? I noticed there's a settings.apk in "the utv210_root.tgz\system\app" as well...

You can probably safely delete the settings.apk from the honeycomb folder, I'm not sure it's even needed.
But I did not experience any crashes using it.

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
there is any way to change the battery icon? i don't like this one =s

Yes, you can change it with UOT
UOT Kitchen. How-To

(ignore the part about recovery and just push the files with adb)

Which one don't you like?
The honeycomb one or the stock one?

:p did you save your UOT settings? i learned the hardway that different release of gingerbread's "framework.res" are not always compatible.

Yeah I still have the UOT settings somewhere in my downloads folder I think

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Did you try using this in init.smdkv210.rc?

Code:
setprop au.ui.enable_hdmi_advanced true

The line isn't present in the AllDro2 rc file, but I've found that you can add it, and it will enable a bunch of HDMI settings in Display.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
it does not work with my panasonic plasma tv... . wish it would though...

Did you try changing the resolution setting 1080p to 720p? I usually reboot first the tablet, change the setting 1080p to 720p and set the Sound to HDMI before connecting to my tv (Panasonic LCD TH-32C20x).

Did you also check your hdmi cable? Sometimes some cable are not good.

rain

May 5, 2011
Did you try changing the resolution setting 1080p to 720p? I usually reboot first the tablet, change the setting 1080p to 720p and set the Sound to HDMI before connecting to my tv (Panasonic LCD TH-32C20x).

Did you also check your hdmi cable? Sometimes some cable are not good.
i'm pretty sure i tried that. i was at it for a long time. i never give up easily. things works right away with the LG monitor, so one is super fussy and one is not... reminds me of my boys.

rain

May 5, 2011
Did you try using this in init.smdkv210.rc?

Code:
setprop au.ui.enable_hdmi_advanced true

The line isn't present in the AllDro2 rc file, but I've found that you can add it, and it will enable a bunch of HDMI settings in Display.
i'll have to look into that one. . thank you !