[CFW] GingerLF EVO - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
At long last! I was able to install GingerLF Evo1.5 !!! ;):cool:..............and it ROCKS!!!!!

Many thanks to the developers! Keep this up.

Thanks to lfom and also to flxrms for their advice! yoohooo!

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Since I reinstalled I haven't had any issues. The only thing I have noticed is with the HDMI my settings don;t save. When I set to 720P, enable HDMI audio on, it will all go back to the default settings at 180P, HDMI audio off. I have played around with other settings and these are the only ones that do that so far.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
This CFW won't work in 8024 right ?

No, it will brick any other model unless one chanes many files, including u-boot. If you don't know what you're doing I suggest that you don't try to modify this one, and use a ROM made for 8024 instead.

Since I reinstalled I haven't had any issues. The only thing I have noticed is with the HDMI my settings don;t save. When I set to 720P, enable HDMI audio on, it will all go back to the default settings at 180P, HDMI audio off. I have played around with other settings and these are the only ones that do that so far.

You mean it goes back after a restart? If yes, I think it's by design. Other than this, I don't remember any issues when changing HMDI settings.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
You mean it goes back after a restart? If yes, I think it's by design. Other than this, I don't remember any issues when changing HMDI settings.

OK. Since this is my only Coby I was going by comparison to other tablets. Good to know. Thanks!

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
i think I read this somewhere in this thread or in another one....but is there a possibility, even a remote possibility that our MID1024 can utilize our 3G dongles to enable voice and SMS??? much like when we use our 3G Dongles in our PC's..??

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
SMS, maybe. You will probably need to install an app that supports this tho, since it won't be built-in. I've never seen anyone using a 3G dongle on a computer for voice unles it's over Internetp (VoIP, Skype, etc).

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
SMS, maybe. You will probably need to install an app that supports this tho, since it won't be built-in. I've never seen anyone using a 3G dongle on a computer for voice unles it's over Internetp (VoIP, Skype, etc).

I've installed Handcent on my 1024, it installed properly. I was also surprised it was able to locate my contacts (I am not sure how) if it got it from my SIM via the 3G dongle or from my Google account. When I tried to send SMS, it just keeps saying "Sending"....the app does work but it cant seem to send SMS. Maybe I am a wishful thinker...but just maybe SMS might work.....

cobbs

Jan 31, 2012
My MID1125's touch doesn't work now. Can I use this to install Gingerbread afresh??? Will it work if the device is bricked???

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
My MID1125's touch doesn't work now. Can I use this to install Gingerbread afresh??? Will it work if the device is bricked???

It won't work with 1125. Search for other threads about restoring/fixing a 1125. You need a firmware made specifically for your model.

cobbs

Jan 31, 2012
It won't work with 1125. Search for other threads about restoring/fixing a 1125. You need a firmware made specifically for your model.

Thank you. I couldn't find the firmware for it anywhere. Do you happen to know any sites where I could find a copy of it?

Thank you!

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
a few comments/feedback about 1.5 EVO: (my installation is still vanilla EVO 1.5, just installed some games like Gun Bros, BFIA HD, Adrenaline 6HD and some puzzle games and Opera Browser)

-often "locks-up/hang" when I leave it on standby overnight or for extended periods of time
-sometimes screen has a feel of lag when you swipe
-Opera, when playing Flash Vidoes often locks-up the Tablet...I need to either press the RESET button or hold the power button for 10 seconds
-BIGGEST ISSUE is, WIFI. It opften forgets the WiFi NW even though it shows I am connected. I had to manullay "FORGET" the SSID, turn off the WIFI, turn it back on and re-scan. I then had to enter the WEP/WPA/WPA2 key again so that the tablet can regain access to the WiFi.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
a few comments/feedback about 1.5 EVO: (my installation is still vanilla EVO 1.5, just installed some games like Gun Bros, BFIA HD, Adrenaline 6HD and some puzzle games and Opera Browser)

-often "locks-up/hang" when I leave it on standby overnight or for extended periods of time
-sometimes screen has a feel of lag when you swipe
-Opera, when playing Flash Vidoes often locks-up the Tablet...I need to either press the RESET button or hold the power button for 10 seconds
-BIGGEST ISSUE is, WIFI. It opften forgets the WiFi NW even though it shows I am connected. I had to manullay "FORGET" the SSID, turn off the WIFI, turn it back on and re-scan. I then had to enter the WEP/WPA/WPA2 key again so that the tablet can regain access to the WiFi.

I have never had these lockup/freeze problems using mine. Have you replaced your internal card by one above 8GB by any means? If so, this can be the source of the lockups. Mines has a 8GB Class10 microSD now and works fine. These problems with WiFi are well known and happens in very ROM for any Kyros. One way to prevent or at least improve it is setting "WiFi Sleep Policy" to Never, i.e. WiFi will remain always on. If you wanna save battery, then I suggest that you use AirPlane mode.

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
I have never had these lockup/freeze problems using mine. Have you replaced your internal card by one above 8GB by any means? If so, this can be the source of the lockups. Mines has a 8GB Class10 microSD now and works fine. These problems with WiFi are well known and happens in very ROM for any Kyros. One way to prevent or at least improve it is setting "WiFi Sleep Policy" to Never, i.e. WiFi will remain always on. If you wanna save battery, then I suggest that you use AirPlane mode.

Thanks lfom, I did not replace the internal card, still a 4GB card as I don;t dare open the tablet since it is still covered by warranty. Would you think a reflash is needed? I'll also follow your suggestion to set WiFi Sleep policy to NEVER.

Anyway, this EVO 1.5 was a far cry from the stock FW. It rocks! I have Market and can install a lot more apps. I can do almost anything with it now compared to the stock FW. This CFW did a lot and I now use my TAB more frequently compared to when it still was in stock FW condition.