[CFW] GingerLF EVO - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
All the patches are added to the OP. So far, there isn't any. If you want to replace the included boot animation, simply replace the file bootanimation.zip in /system/media.

lionelannie

Dec 24, 2011
Which ROM are you using? You signature says it's another version, so I can't help...

For V1.5 EVO, my experience with Glu games is that some require a lot of free memory, so I simply run FMR before starting the game.
Before i use evo1,5 to wait your answer i have flashed with evo 3.1.1

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
bootanimation.zip is the file with the boot animation, so if you don't want the one that comes pre-installed with V1.5 EVO you have to replace it.

lionelannie is using another firmware that was adapted for MID1024, so it's not as secure as V1.5 EVO, and it's still Gingerbread (Android 2.3).

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
Installation

I recommend that you previously full format the microSD used for installation in FAT32 mode to make sure it is OK, and fully charge your tablet's battery.
1. Download ZIP file
2. Uncompress and copy its contents to the root folder of the microSD: you should see a file called "u-boot.bin" in the root folder of the microSD card
3. If using an external microSD, safely eject the card from your computer and insert the card in the external slot
4. Turn tablet off
5. Turn on your tablet holding the Home button (silver one). Don't hold it for too long: as soon as you see some blue text on screen, release all buttons.

Relax and wait. Errors will be logged to screen and to a file named log.txt on the microSD. First boot will be slow, hang on! It is recommended that you run fix_permissions using Terminal Emulator as root or adb at least once after installing the new version.

Hi All / lfom

It was said to "COPY" the files in the ext microSD. Is this just a straight copy paste or do I need to extract to the ext microSD using foldernames? I will try and Root/install this CFW into my Coby 1024n again. The last time I did it, it bricked my 1024n :( maybe this is the fault/error I did the last time since I only "copied" ALL the contents of the ZIP file into the root folder of my external microSD ....

need your guidance....anyone?

brunori

Jan 19, 2012
Hi there.

Anyone with the 1024n board and this display:

lcd=lp101
Goodix-TS 1-0055: Guitar Version: GT81XNI_1R05_18B

installed this CFW? Does It worked?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi All / lfom

It was said to "COPY" the files in the ext microSD. Is this just a straight copy paste or do I need to extract to the ext microSD using foldernames? I will try and Root/install this CFW into my Coby 1024n again. The last time I did it, it bricked my 1024n :( maybe this is the fault/error I did the last time since I only "copied" ALL the contents of the ZIP file into the root folder of my external microSD ....

Download the ZIP file and extract its contents to the root folder of the microSD card. When you list the files in the root directory you should see utscript file and update folder as well as the rest of the files. Don't uncompress or move any files unless doing what is explained in the customization part of the opening post. Use a microSD previously formatted in FAT32 between 256MB and 8GB as some bigger cards may not be compatible to the installation process.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
If an user app was deleted, no need to retore, simply install the app again.

If a system file was removed, install the firmware again but remove 0_WIPE_DATA so your apps won't be deleted.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
Hi there.
Anyone with the 1024n board and this display:

lcd=lp101
Goodix-TS 1-0055: Guitar Version: GT81XNI_1R05_18B

installed this CFW? Does It worked?

we have the same goodix driver,anyway his cfw works for me. u can try to run the multitouch test using android system info. and see whether u have 8 touchpoints or more. il give u the link of the apps and also my earlier post regarding my coby.

androidsysteminfo_1.18.2.apk

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-development/24687-kyros-mid1024-owners-read-before-flashing-any-rom-2.html

Last edited:

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ramilb

Hi All / lfom

Download the ZIP file and extract its contents to the root folder of the microSD card. When you list the files in the root directory you should see utscript file and update folder as well as the rest of the files. Don't uncompress or move any files unless doing what is explained in the customization part of the opening post. Use a microSD previously formatted in FAT32 between 256MB and 8GB as some bigger cards may not be compatible to the installation process.

As always lfom, you are a treasure chest of knowledge! Many thanks...the last time i did this, I used a 16GB ext microSD...will use a 4GB card this time and will ensure I format it with FAT32 (last time it is FAT 32 but has other contents, i will format it this time first).

brunori

Jan 19, 2012
we have the same goodix driver,anyway his cfw works for me. u can try to run the multitouch test using android system info. and see whether u have 8 touchpoints or more. il give u the link of the apps and also my earlier post regarding my coby.

androidsysteminfo_1.18.2.apk

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-development/24687-kyros-mid1024-owners-read-before-flashing-any-rom-2.html

Ok, Thx for the info. I installed the APK and see that my display is 8-touch.
Now I will try to get some info about how do a entire system backup, for the case something goes wrong or just to restore to factory state if a want to.

Is there a way to boot from ubuntu (or other linux) from external SD, with a USB keyborad atached, and make a full image (dd or something close to it) of the internal SD for future restore?
Where can I get info about the startup/boot procedure?

Thx again (this forum is realy helpfull).

-- Roberto