[CFW] GingerLF EVO - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
No. This is a true lfom rom. It was not copied from anywhere.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
i meant the video of anthony89110 posted

this:

because everything is the same except of the system version and the model number. the uploader also posted a link of the rom on the you tube website.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
From looking at that video, the system upgrade is designed by someone else. Steev had alot of input on the design of the upgrade scripts. Also, I saw that credits for that ROM go to Prox32, Fonix232, Jelectrace, UOT Kitchen and to everyone at Slatedroid.

The Logo shown is the original factory Logo, and I know that the one used in this ROM is a redesigned one done by Steev I believe. the boot animation is also not what is used. The Launcher is also the stock Launcher whereas this evo uses a HC themed one. Lastly, that Shows Android version 2.3.3 and Evo was based off 2.3. that part can be faked.

is it a repackage of the GingeerLV Evo? Maybe... but I see a good deal of differences.

anthony89110

Feb 12, 2012
hello,
can you answer my first question regarding the compatibility of my tablet?
I want to know how to determine the version : mid1024n or mid1024v_4!
In my setting I can see :kernel version:2.6.32 Serials MID#1568 fri apr 16:34:20 CST 2011 nand and the build number:MID2.2 Serials FRF91 20110422.182033.
This information canthelp me?Ifso, how?
Thank you

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
From looking at that video, the system upgrade is designed by someone else. Steev had alot of input on the design of the upgrade scripts. Also, I saw that credits for that ROM go to Prox32, Fonix232, Jelectrace, UOT Kitchen and to everyone at Slatedroid.

The Logo shown is the original factory Logo, and I know that the one used in this ROM is a redesigned one done by Steev I believe. the boot animation is also not what is used. The Launcher is also the stock Launcher whereas this evo uses a HC themed one. Lastly, that Shows Android version 2.3.3 and Evo was based off 2.3. that part can be faked.

is it a repackage of the GingeerLV Evo? Maybe... but I see a good deal of differences.

you said that evo was based on 2.3 but how come when i installed the evo on my tablet it says 2.3.3?

erdroid

Oct 6, 2011
For some reason, when I check the use GPS satellites checkbox it just flickers on and off. it used to be able to be checked. Does anyone know if this has changed. Trying to use tethergps and I have to be able to check the box.

Evan

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Alot of times it is faked for market compatibility. Simply changed in the build.prop file

Sorry if u feel I misled you. Enjoy lfom's work.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
For some reason, when I check the use GPS satellites checkbox it just flickers on and off. it used to be able to be checked. Does anyone know if this has changed. Trying to use tethergps and I have to be able to check the box.

Evan

AFAIK, the MID 1024 does not have GPS. So, it is useless even if you can tick. turn on the "switch for GPS. Unless you have a BT GPS device or a USB GPS device. Personally I haven;t tried hooking a GPS device on my 1024.

anthony89110

Feb 12, 2012
Last edited:

erdroid

Oct 6, 2011
Not sure if you have ever used tethergps in conjunction with your smartphone but the usb dongle is not needed if you use tethergps, and it works incredibly well, but you must be able click the gps satellites checkbox to make it work. I used it with previous versions of this rom, and also installed volcano last night and was able to click the gps satellite checkbox. Volcano just seems to lose wifi connect alot. I do love the design of it though. Thanks for any help that you can give me about being able to check the box with this rom.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
You should be OK to install. When did you buy the device?

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
I arrived to the method and there:LCDLP101WH1 corresponding to1025_v4 but there is Guitar Version:GT801NI_1R02_13T.Which correspond to any version.

if thats the case i guess your tablet is not compatible with this rom. and to make sure try to install android system info and try the multi touch test.

Last edited:

Setipollux

Feb 16, 2012
Hello All,

I have recently bought a Coby Kyros 1024n (as is on the rear of the device). I found this thread and it looked like this was the correct ROM for this tablet. I have tried putting the files on a micrSD card (6GB), loaded it into the slot (with it off), and then held down the home button and power button.
Screen came up saying "Upgrade System Activated". GREAT!
Then message came up saying no upgrade image found.

I think it has something to do with the internal memory being called the "SDcard". So, in windows, I just copied the install files (GingerLF EVO 1.5) to the root of the internal SDcard. Rebooted into upgrade mode. Everything looked like it went fine. Rebooted, and it gets past the Coby screen, and then the green "android" loading screen and sometimes it will get into the OS (which looks really cool).
However, the screen is flashing all the time, and it will continue to go in-between the android loading screen and the os (did it throughout the night).
Has anyone seen this? Is there a way to get back to stock?