[CFW] GingerLF EVO - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Sounds like you didnt load the files onto the SD card properly to me. from the download, Unzip the files. then navigate to that unzipped folder and open it, and then the single folder inside. you should now see several folders and files. (zimage.debug should be the last one, plus some files).

Pop the micro SD into your computer and under mycomputer, right click and select FORMAT. Format it to FAT32. once done, copy all the files from teh above instructions to that drive. it should look just like the folder you see here.
Capture.png

Pop that in the Kyros and proceed to flash.

Setipollux

Feb 16, 2012
Correct. Im starting to wonder if the sd card slot on the device is not working. I also downloaded the official 2.2 ROM from Coby's website and attempted to flash back to stock.
The microSD card can be read on multiple PC's, so Im sure that the card is okay.
I followed your instructions initially and placed the unzipped files (as shown above) on the root of the external SD card. tried to boot up in upgrade mode several times with no luck. Then decided to put the same files on the internal sdcard (just through windows). It looked liked it worked.. It looks like such a bad-ass ROM, just want to get this thing going.
I'm in the process of trying to remove the back cover now. Will try to place the official stock ROM upgrade on the internal SD card and then try re-booting. Do you think that is a viable option?

Thanks for all your help!!!

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
C
The microSD card can be read on multiple PC's, so Im sure that the card is okay.

This is a bad assumption. I have several cards that all of my tablets will not use, but my PCs can see and use them fine. Even after a total repartition. If you have another it wouldn't hurt to try it. Smaller is also better when flashing.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
This is a bad assumption. I have several cards that all of my tablets will not use, but my PCs can see and use them fine. Even after a total repartition. If you have another it wouldn't hurt to try it. Smaller is also better when flashing.

^^ this.... granted I did all my flashing from a 16gb sandisk card...... that one is now inside my unit with original one in the external slot.

Oh and if you do open it up, carefully peel the tape off the card. then with your fingernail, you can simply slide the top metal cover towards the center of the device and it will open like a door to remove the SD card.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
^^ this.... granted I did all my flashing from a 16gb sandisk card...... that one is now inside my unit with original one in the external slot.

Oh and if you do open it up, carefully peel the tape off the card. then with your fingernail, you can simply slide the top metal cover towards the center of the device and it will open like a door to remove the SD card.

Not sure why they can be so picky, but this goes back to flashing modchips. Some work Some don't. My Supernova will work with any size microsd, so long as the files are downloaded directly to the card in the tablet, Otherwise it has to be 4GB or smaller. Go figure.

Setipollux

Feb 16, 2012
Strange indeed. I will try with different cards today. I have a 6GB Sandisk card that I use most for flashing ROM's and zip's to other android tablets (Nook Color, Asus Transformer).
Thanks again for the advise on this. I have never really attempted to take a tablet apart. Its proven quite difficult so far. Im afrad to break it, or make too many ugly holes in on the sides with the compass point.
If all else does not work, do you think I could merely replace the internal microSD with a larger one that does function?

Setipollux

Feb 16, 2012
HEYYYYYYYAAAAAA!

Thats crazy. All I had to do is use another microSD card. Plugged it in, loaded up upgrade mode and it worked perfect! Although I just installed the stock ROM to see if I could go back to stock.
Ill now try to install the custom EVO 1.5 ROM (which I really really want to use).
Thanks again for your help on this!

Setipollux

Feb 16, 2012
Okay. It is working perfect! Just installed the files on a "working" microSD card, updated and man is it fast. GREAT WORK !
BTW, I did follow the ADB procedure to try and identify my model number. I could not locate any of the other information they called out for except for the LCD information. Mine is showing up as a LP101SWA. Anyone ever heard of that one?

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
HEYYYYYYYAAAAAA!

Thats crazy. All I had to do is use another microSD card. Plugged it in, loaded up upgrade mode and it worked perfect! Although I just installed the stock ROM to see if I could go back to stock.
Ill now try to install the custom EVO 1.5 ROM (which I really really want to use).
Thanks again for your help on this!

LOL. And if you ask the braniacs they will tell you that it can't make any difference. lad you got it going.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
glad you got it going... this is a very good GB rom for this device. I tested every single version that Lfom has released. this one is far superiour. that said, I am running the Honeycomb Thunderstorm now and it is my daily driver. it does have several flaws, but after going to it, I cannot go back.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
glad you got it going... this is a very good GB rom for this device. I tested every single version that Lfom has released. this one is far superiour. that said, I am running the Honeycomb Thunderstorm now and it is my daily driver. it does have several flaws, but after going to it, I cannot go back.

may i ask why u cant go back? i installed also the honeycomb rom but just like u said it does have flaws like the hardware button, so i just flashed the LF evo again.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Mine works well. All my hardware buttons work but I disabled the browser and search ones. U use juice defender to disable the wifi when the tablet is off and turn it on when unlocked. I wish the auto rotate worked butcan deal with it.

Overall I love the honeycomb features and feel. Granted, this is a good rom too.

I had a loaner galaxy tabwith hc on it andloved it. My phone that came with eclaire is now on icecream.

Setipollux

Feb 16, 2012
Good Morning All!
Update: Tablet is still working super fast. I have the Asus Transformer (TF101) also. I have them side by side, and the Kyros 1024 is actually faster! It cant touch the transformer in benchmarks, but all in all its actually completely awesome. Oh, I picked it up in perfect condition on craigslist for $60 too.
Soooo, the only "issue" I really have is accidentally touching the "Browser" and "Search" soft buttons. I have heard there are means to do so, and have followed a couple of threads on the matter, but cannot locate the correct files in the system menu to alter. I am using the EVO 1.5 ROM. Can someone please shed some light on this matter?

Thanks alot!

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Setipollux. Steev made an app that runs with Python scripts that does it automatically....

browserkey.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

go tot he market and download Python. Run python and hit the install scripts button. it will download an install I think 5 zips. once done, run the app I just linked to. it will have a toast popup that says disabled. reboot and you are done.

Setipollux

Feb 16, 2012
Once again.. Awesome! Both the Browser and Search Buttons are disabled.
Great work Steev and Pickupman66.