CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
Try reflashing, if you haven't already

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

@nefirim,
I did it but I didn't have success. All I wanna know is what kind of bricking my 8024 has???
Why? I have to try some way of revive it!!

Guys from Brazil can help too! Scrawler, lfom!!

Thanks!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
@lfom,
On mine, lights stay always on till I press power button during a long time. After that they turn off. It's different of all I've read on forums!!!
God have mercy of me!!!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@lfom,
On mine, lights stay always on till I press power button during a long time. After that they turn off. It's different of all I've read on forums!!!
God have mercy of me!!!!

Use Droid Explorer on a PC to connect to your tablet and see if it's working. Or simply leave it running until battery goes down and you hear the notification tone (if it's actually live). If it is, try re-flashing the firmware or this POC from steev:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...37-poc-cfw-mid7024-boots-external-sdcard.html

if your NAND is gone, it may boot from the external microSD. 7024 firmware won't work 100% but you should see tablet's screen if it's still alive.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
@lfom,
God have mercy of me!!!!

Does the screen turn on? If so, you can you get to the recovery? You might try flashing the official coby firmware to see if that revives it. Or try the recovery process in the revive hard brick thread - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/23007-project-reviving-hard-bricked-kyros-4.html#post135638 you might be able to use the firmware in that thread or the POC by steev

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
Hey Guys!

Is it difficult to open the device?? Today is saturday and I have some time so I will try shortcut the pins 7 and 8.:rolleyes:
There is some risk of break the case? I'm trying open it, it's hard and I'm a bit affraid! From where I start open the device?

Pictures can help! Just for me understand where are the claws that lock the bottom cover.
Thanks!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Is it difficult to open the device?? Today is saturday and I have some time so I will try shortcut the pins 7 and 8.:rolleyes:
There is some risk of break the case? I'm trying open it, it's hard and I'm a bit affraid! From where I start open the device?

Pictures can help! Just for me understand where are the claws that lock the bottom cover.

I think it's very similar to opening the MID1024:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZOoEjqD9X0

comscier

Oct 22, 2011
Hey Guys!

Thanks!!

The following video shows you how to open it "properly"

Last edited by a moderator:

Arlic

May 13, 2011
Hey guys,

How much time takes the update? Mine stopped on system files update... :confused::(

Any tips???

Thanks!!

I have a timeline(don't have anything better to do.)....:_))

OK, the time it takes from the moment the power button is pressed until the tablet shuts off is between 2:00 and 2:16(min & sec). I obtained these times from flashing the original Coby 8024 rom(2:10), the original Alldro 2 rom(2:00), and the "Nefarious-Bread-V1.2" rom(2:16). Of coarse, your mileage may varily.

Also, remember when you hold down the silver button and press the power button as soon as the "blue text" flashes right above the "COBY" letters, release the power button.
If, you have a white screen or no screen and can't see the text at all release the power button after 2 seconds. This seems to work for me when I "soft" brick or "hard" brick my 8024. It seems like others are accidently holding down the power button for too long and the Coby is in the processes of doing something to nand or the internal SD card and the Coby auto shuts-off during this time. The next time the Coby reboots the nand or internal SD weren't set up properly so the tablet crashes.

Hope this helps.

Bye...
Arlic

comscier

Oct 22, 2011
I installed a 8GB microSD into the Mid8024 (internal, since its just another microSD)
I cloned the original 4GB, restore it onto the 8GB, expand the partitioning afterwards.

installed Nefarious-Bread 1.2 (the early version)
I don't bother installing the revised one, since I don't have any problem whatsoever...
and mainly coz I don't want to risk having to open the case again... (I expanded that MicroSD from a computer.)

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
Guys!!! It's alive, but... only the logo coby goes on and after goes off. I think the next step is to format micro SD and put into him the firmware I want, right? I have only one!
It's still opened and after things go right I will take some shots of board, if someone is interested!!

Thanks!! And I'll thank everyone in this thread that help me!!

DaZzle

Oct 17, 2011
i have see some issue with the wifi with the 1.2 ! don't know the term in english but i think i can translate with : out of reach (hors de portée in French)
and i always got forced close with Facebook apps not in the first time when i use it, but when i close, and open it again.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Guys!!! It's alive, but... only the logo coby goes on and after goes off. I think the next step is to format micro SD and put into him the firmware I want, right? I have only one!
It's still opened and after things go right I will take some shots of board, if someone is interested!!

Thanks!! And I'll thank everyone in this thread that help me!!

You have only 1 microSD in your tablet??? If you trying to flash the ROM from the internal SD it will brick your tablet!

You need an external microSD with the files (remove them from the internal slot!) to successfully flash a new ROM.

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
You have only 1 microSD in your tablet??? If you trying to flash the ROM from the internal SD it will brick your tablet!

You need an external microSD with the files (remove them from the internal slot!) to successfully flash a new ROM.

Sorry man! I explained that wrong. In fact I have only one external SD. The internal is intact!! What I've thought is that once that SD was partioned with winimage it couldn't work properly!?!?!
The SD was with stock firmware when I made the surgery. But doesn't finish correctly the procedure. Or is this correct. Have I to press power and silver buttons again with these files inside? Or must I format it and put another ROM???

Thanks

Correcting: Now the logo Coby remains and nothing else happens! The battery was down! Charging!

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Sorry man! I explained that wrong. In fact I have only one external SD. The internal is intact!! What I've thought is that once that SD was partioned with winimage it couldn't work properly!?!?!
The SD was with stock firmware when I made the surgery. But doesn't finish correctly the procedure. Or is this correct. Have I to press power and silver buttons again with these files inside? Or must I format it and put another ROM???!

Winimage?? For what? If you tablet turns on (and remain on after you release the power button), put all needed firmware files back to the root folder of the external microSD and reflash it. If you can't see anything on screen for some reason, release all buttons after it turns on and wait: it will shut down itself when the procedure is over. Turn it on again and if the flash was successful you will have your tablet back.