New Version of Jelly Bean ROM (Inverted Gapps)

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
That looks good too :D please post some update about it :)

I made it up out of the base ROM that was used for this since thats what I had on my computer but I have to go out for a few hours. I'll post back later when I get time to flash it and see if it works. I was trying to supercharge it but for the life of me I can't get the Ultimate Jar Power Tool to run on my computer to patch the services.jar. Maybe someone can try that out and report back. Here is a link to the tool.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1914159

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Ran the test and doesn't look like init.d support will work, the kernel needs to be mod for init.d scripts to work I guess

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Try the Zip-init.d on the website that i post on the comment, and that should enable the init.d in theory. I haven't try it yet, but you can try to flash it via CWM, and see how it works :D But i will try it later too since I am finishing my homework faster than i thought :p

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I can write you a script or edit the boot.img to allow this if you want.

That would be great. Have you tried v6 Supercharger on this tablet? IDK what I'm doing wrong but I can't get the tool to patch the services.jar to run. I was hoping someone can patch the services.jar or I'll just wait till I have time to figure out why its not working for me. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 but I'm going to reinstall it again cause I've been getting some crashes after I did an update so I'm going to just do a clean install all over again in case something in that update is messing it up.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
That would be great. Have you tried v6 Supercharger on this tablet? IDK what I'm doing wrong but I can't get the tool to patch the services.jar to run. I was hoping someone can patch the services.jar or I'll just wait till I have time to figure out why its not working for me. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 but I'm going to reinstall it again cause I've been getting some crashes after I did an update so I'm going to just do a clean install all over again in case something in that update is messing it up.

I thought I am the only one that having problem with Ubuntu 12.04. Hey im not alone now :D My laptop was crashing so often before when i had the 64-bit version. So i changed to 32-bit version, and the crash problem is not happening that often, but still it crash sometimes... Not sure if thats because my laptop is too old(Lenovo Y550) or its Ubuntu's problem :)

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Alright new update: I flashed the Zip-init.d to my Slimz Beanz ROM on my tablet and now i have the test.log on my /data folder. Is that mean i have init.d support now? :D

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Alright new update: I flashed the Zip-init.d to my Slimz Beanz ROM on my tablet and now i have the test.log on my /data folder. Is that mean i have init.d support now? :D

Cool so it worked? Start a thread please:D

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Sorry flashallthetime, I am using your post to discuss about init.d :D I was too lazy to create a new post about it. But we can add more tweak to this ROM once we have everything set up :D

By the way, I found this online: "Init.d (needs ROM with init.d access and busybox, open empty file, insert header #!/system/bin/sh and put these there, save in /system/etc/init.d and name it something like 77tweaks)"

Just want to verify if this is the right way to add code :) I am totally new to the init.d.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I have the test log file in my data folder, says it worked, I don't know if it is possible to have the built into my ROM , nice find:D:D

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
You could use the app Pimp My ROM to check if your ROM has init.d. Its also supposed to be able to add it if not but haven't tried it. You could use it though to check if it worked.

Edit: Maybe someone can start a thread to discuss anything we need to so that we don't clutter up anymore threads.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I have the test log file in my data folder, says it worked, I don't know if it is possible to have the built into my ROM , nice find:D:D

Really? I don't have it before I flash the zip file... hmm maybe you add it to your tablet before already? :D

You could use the app Pimp My ROM to check if your ROM has init.d. Its also supposed to be able to add it if not but haven't tried it. You could use it though to check if it worked.

Edit: Maybe someone can start a thread to discuss anything we need to so that we don't clutter up anymore threads.

Alright gonna use this app to check it now :D

Update: Yes I have init.d support now :D :D :D

Alright update again: The Pimp My ROM app is actually very useful!!! But we will talk about it more on the new thread about init.d :D

Last edited: