[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I hate to beat a dead horse on this but since I am on nighlies has the internal memory issue been fixed on this new phiremod? I only ask because I would be willing to switch back if this issue has been resolved. So far nightly 8 has been stable except after my first reboot none of "my apps" show up in the market but that is less of an issue than it was. The only real bother has been the lack of access to the rather capacious internal memory.

On a related note I flashed from an 8gb image, does that have anything to do with it? If I flash a smaller image of the Phiremod will that make the internal memory available? If anyone has any ideas I am all ears. I have been through the XDA thread back to front and I know that everyone is working on it. I just figured there are some fairly smart people over here who may be able to help. Also any way to format the seemingly unused partition? Easus? Or perhaps a boot into Ubuntu? Just checking.

Thanks,

LS

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I hate to beat a dead horse on this but since I am on nighlies has the internal memory issue been fixed on this new phiremod? I only ask because I would be willing to switch back if this issue has been resolved. So far nightly 8 has been stable except after my first reboot none of "my apps" show up in the market but that is less of an issue than it was. The only real bother has been the lack of access to the rather capacious internal memory.

On a related note I flashed from an 8gb image, does that have anything to do with it? If I flash a smaller image of the Phiremod will that make the internal memory available? If anyone has any ideas I am all ears. I have been through the XDA thread back to front and I know that everyone is working on it. I just figured there are some fairly smart people over here who may be able to help. Also any way to format the seemingly unused partition? Easus? Or perhaps a boot into Ubuntu? Just checking.

Thanks,

LS

The issue is related to the CM7 that phiremod uses, and right now it is not fixed. It's on the list though and they will get to it. What it is is a simple mounting issue and getting everything to play nice with everything else. If it's a deal breaker, you have to wait it out.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Not at all a deal breaker, actually the latest nightly running is just fine. Again just curious if any progress had been made. Thanks Face.

JMag

Feb 23, 2011
Ok so I have a question. I've been running this for a few days now and other than no youtube and slow responsiveness, it's been good and stable. But I was wondering if anyone has tried out overclocking on this ROM, because it could really use it. I saw a link by phiremod to another developers kernel for v3, but the directions and layout of the files to download were scattered. I was wondering has anyone else successfully OC'd on v3, and if so what did you use? If not I can always wait a few more days until it's more stable and easily laid out :p

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP:
[ROM][Feb. 27 2011] >> phiremod nook V4 << OC Kernel | CM7 v8 Base

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Ok so I have a question. I've been running this for a few days now and other than no youtube and slow responsiveness, it's been good and stable. But I was wondering if anyone has tried out overclocking on this ROM, because it could really use it. I saw a link by phiremod to another developers kernel for v3, but the directions and layout of the files to download were scattered. I was wondering has anyone else successfully OC'd on v3, and if so what did you use? If not I can always wait a few more days until it's more stable and easily laid out :p
This link is at the bottom of the OP [Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7][Honeycomb] Dalingrin's OC kernel [2/25/11] - xda-developers and its is flawless. From CWR install zip from sd.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
^Yeah!

CWR stands outside the ROM, so as long as you have it installed and boot into it, you can make backups etc.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
yea i heard there were problems with the installable 3.0.0.6 so i guess ill just use the bootable version until that is smoothed out

Status
Not open for further replies.