-ROM- D2_711 (512MB Model)

djelmonstruo

Dec 22, 2012
i was going to go buy another of these just to get the stock rom off and boot.img, but they are all sold out here locally, havnet heard anything from diablotek either. i hope somebody comes through with a stock rom. even though i would hardly ever use the camera it really bugs me that it doesnt work. lol

I already reserved one I am going to buy it tomorrow at microcenter ... so I will do a backup
Happy Holliday

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
Hi guys, I got the D2-711 and myfishbear's first version and it works great. However google calander and chrome don't work, is there any fix for that? Also, does anyone know if these D2's are "clones" of another more popular tablet we could start using mods from?

Last edited:

stolle

Dec 21, 2012
Hi guys, I got the D2-711 and myfishbear's first version and it works great. However google calander and chrome don't work, is there any fix for that? Also, does anyone know if these D2's are "clones" of another more popular tablet we could start using mods from?

whats the serial number, does the camera work? my chrome doesnt work either, along with the camera.

mstech

Dec 19, 2012
Yep, if you try to manually sync calendar and some other google services it says "unfortunately, the process com.googleprocess.gapps has stopped".
I fixed this by flashing in gapps-ics20120429-signed.zip. You can't flash it over installed ROM with user data. It will have to be a clean install. back up anything you can't afford to loose.

Fix Calendar

put gapps-ics20120429-signed.zip (the one for CyanogenMod 9.0.x) on you SD card from here Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps
boot into custom recovery mode factory data reset and then wipe cache
instal zip from SD
Flash the ROM for your device
Right after ROM installs (before booting to system) flash gapps-ics20120429-signed.zip
After booting to system (and connecting wifi) I went into system settings>accounts&sync then select add account top right corner then choose Google. My calendar, gmail, contacts sync perfectly and Google market updates.

Google Chrome crash is because the DPI needs to be 160. Goto market and get app "resolution change / Density" it worked best of a few I tried https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tYXJ1dGlhbi5kcGljaGFuZ2VyIl0.
If there is to be any ROM updates could please reset default DPI to 160? but manually changing DPI it is easy enough.

Last edited:

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
whats the serial number, does the camera work? my chrome doesnt work either, along with the camera.
I have the 209 serial and camera does work...all .3 megapixles! lol

And thanks mstech, awesome instructions! All I have to do is figure out how to get a good backup on cwm, it said something about no sd/something and it made a backup but 3 things failed. Did you have that problem too?

Last edited:

stolle

Dec 21, 2012
oh snap, d2pad.info responded to my request, im downloading the stock D201212 rom right now, ill put it up on my server soon as its finished downloading!

Last edited:

csader

Dec 26, 2012
I've read, reread, and searched this thread to find out how people are fixing the issue with the touchscreen not working on the d2_711bk (and the white one for me too)...anyone have any advice?

mstech

Dec 19, 2012
im an idiot, i got it flashed, but the camera still doesnt work, lol.

I hope it's not broke. I have in past on a phone used wrong camera drivers (out of my own curiosity) broke the front facing camera on a phone. Nothing I did in putting back to complete stock would revive it. I got it replaced under warranty but only cause I failed to mention how it stopped working. If you are unable to get camera working and can find one in stock exchange in store.... or see D2 will warranty it.

stolle

Dec 21, 2012
I hope it's not broke. I have in past on a phone used wrong camera drivers (out of my own curiosity) broke the front facing camera on a phone. Nothing I did in putting back to complete stock would revive it. I got it replaced under warranty but only cause I failed to mention how it stopped working. If you are unable to get camera working and can find one in stock exchange in store.... or see D2 will warranty it.

well that sucks, it bothers me that the camera doesnt work, but i doubt i would ever really use it so im not that tore up about it.

here is a cwm backup from the stock boot.img along with a system dump for d2-711 serial d201212bxxxxxx.
http://viron.hopto.org/download/d2_711_D201212.zip

you can also download the boot.img by itself here.
http://viron.hopto.org/download/boot.img

hope this helps, some other people, also you are using these files at your own risk! :)

i tend to be a bit lazy about keeping my server up and running, so if the links are dead email or pm me and i will make these available.

Last edited:

djelmonstruo

Dec 22, 2012
okk as i said i when i buy another one, made the backup with clockmodwork download the rom again and include the boot.img from the original tablet

and i have a working camera. ;) thanks god is working good

now i am uploading the ROM with the boot.img (camera fully working) for the tablets d201212bkxxxxx

see you soon:cool:

ok here is the link
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3nxEgX4Cb-jc0xHSHlyS1E3dFk

P.S. if anybody need the full backup let me know.

Last edited: