-ROM- D2_711 (512MB Model)

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
i only accept team fortress 2 items cuz i figure software/ music/ media should be free for everyone. i mainly made this rom so people could have a cheaper alternative to those $250+ tablets... also the economy sux so i figured that this is the one thing i could give away to ppl for free. if u got some hats or rare items just pm me and ill send you my steam account
That's awesome myfishbear! Just wanted to say thank you so much for the sweet, super easy setup! I flashed my first recovery and rom thanks to you and everyone else who pitched in on this! I did want to ask you what the diference is between your first rom and the last (#8)? I flashed 2 with your first rom and have 2 more to flash tomorrow. I have not had any problems except google chrome doesn't work at all. Also, do I have to re-flash recovery after I install this rom?

Last edited:

djelmonstruo

Dec 22, 2012
curious what color your tablet is and serial number on back matches starting D201209? These came in 4 different colors.
Internal for installing apps is 1.15 GB and internal storage 0.98GB. It only has a 4GB ROM and that is how it is allocated. Your system takes up the rest.
hello thanks for this ROM
mine is d20122
and also camera no working
any suggestions?
thanks in advance

edit:d201212bkxxxxx

Last edited:

stolle

Dec 21, 2012
Just to clarify you tablet is a D2-711 tablet? Cause there is a D2-911 tablet that also has 512MB of RAM but it's a 9 inch screen.

model # D2-711_bk <exact model number off the box.
serial # D201212BKxxxxx

camera doesnt work neither does chrome, everything else seems fine, its a whole lot snappier with this rom than the stock one.

djelmonstruo

Dec 22, 2012
model # D2-711_bk <exact model number off the box.
serial # D201212BKxxxxx

camera doesnt work neither does chrome, everything else seems fine, its a whole lot snappier with this rom than the stock one.

I hope there is fix for the camera. :(

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
I managed to setup "DSLR Controller" with this tablet (a canon T3i / D600) which was the point of the purchase of this tablet, so as far as USB Host support past keyboards go... yes.

DSLR Controller :: Home
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.dslrcontroller&hl=en

Ah, this is weird. You have to acutally use the little micro usb with the full size female for it to work. All the other tablets I've used I've just used a standard cable with a female<->female connector to go into the device. Apparently that little one has two of the lines shorted which is required for this device to go into host mode.

Now I'm a happy camper with this tablet/rom combo :)

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
Shoot, spoke a little too soon. Only thing not seeming to work is the screen rotate. Everything is always landscape, and I've double checked the settings to make sure it should be rotating. Strange thing is that when I look in the settings it's showing Model Number D2-911, but it definitely is a 7" tablet, and the box has it as a 711. Is this normal?

stolle

Dec 21, 2012
myfishbear, what software did you use to build this rom? im really interested in making my own roms, i have searched around but found there is a lot of different software out there, just dont know where to start?

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
myfishbear, what software did you use to build this rom? im really interested in making my own roms, i have searched around but found there is a lot of different software out there, just dont know where to start?

android commander push and pull files easy to use
adb push and pull files
apktool + java for map hack and sother mods
notepad++ for editing build.prop and anything else
stock software
7zip or winrar

just take my zip file. unzip it. delete the system folder. add your stock system file. zip it back up with winrar or 7zip at nomal to low compression. that will give you a stock rom. then delete apks u dont want but reconize with android commander and when you got it just right just take my zip file. unzip it. delete the system folder. add your stock system file. thats how you can get a basic rom going.

Last edited:

mstech

Dec 19, 2012
myfishbear can you please add a note at the download about the serial numbers D21209xxxxxxx everything works and D201212xxxxxxx has camera issue. The info in the beginning would help for anybody not reading progress.
Maybe somebody who has a D201212 and saved copy backup files can help.

stolle

Dec 21, 2012
myfishbear can you please add a note at the download about the serial numbers D21209xxxxxxx everything works and D201212xxxxxxx has camera issue. The info in the beginning would help for anybody not reading progress.
Maybe somebody who has a D201212 and saved copy backup files can help.

i have a dump of my stock d201212 rom, im going to try and make a rom on my own, but if myfishbear wants me to or is interested i will put my dump up on my server for him to download?

edit i take that back its stockish, it already has google play installed. lol

Last edited:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
i have a dump of my stock d201212 rom, im going to try and make a rom on my own, but if myfishbear wants me to or is interested i will put my dump up on my server for him to download?

edit i take that back its stockish, it already has google play installed. lol

yeah send me a link