-ROM- D2_711 (512MB Model)

mik3y08

Dec 14, 2012
move your original boot.img to /sdcard/dump/
then in adb try
adb shell cat /sdcard/dump/boot.img > /dev/block/nandc

Still no luck. I even tried flashing the boot.img with android commander, and still the same.
Thanks for being patient, im sure im being a bit frustrating, I just really want to get this done for my nephew before Christmas.
Do you think there will be a rom specifically for the 911 anytime soon?

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Still no luck. I even tried flashing the boot.img with android commander, and still the same.
Thanks for being patient, im sure im being a bit frustrating, I just really want to get this done for my nephew before Christmas.
Do you think there will be a rom specifically for the 911 anytime soon?

send me a copy of your stock boot.img and a system dump via dropbox. the system dump is that d2_system.tar which the backup script made

mik3y08

Dec 14, 2012
send me a copy of your stock boot.img and a system dump via dropbox. the system dump is that d2_system.tar which the backup script made

Okay thanks. The system dump is uploading to dropbox now, will post link here when it is done.
Ive been messing around trying to figure it out, and I don't think that the bootloader.img is being replaced when I move it to /dev/block/nanda.
When I run cat /dev/block/nanda > /sdcard/dump/bootloader.img the one it pulls shows a different date then my stock bootloader.img that I moved there.
Not sure though

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
Does this rom fully support usb host? The stock one doesnt, it's missing a few modules like usb_core.ko, ehci-hcd, and probably a few others. As far as I can tell probably the only thing that does work are usb keyboards. The whole purpose of this for me is for a usb to serial connection.

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
So what's the deal with the touchscreen not workin? Also why is the version of rom replaced with versions 2&3? Is the original Drom no good for the D2-711's? Has the first Drom worked for anyone, I was just goin to flash recovery and rom now is why I ask. Thanks!

mik3y08

Dec 14, 2012
So what's the deal with the touchscreen not workin? Also why is the version of rom replaced with versions 2&3? Is the original Drom no good for the D2-711's? Has the first Drom worked for anyone, I was just goin to flash recovery and rom now is why I ask. Thanks!

I have the D2-911, and the touch screen isn't working with this rom, so version 2 and 3 are an attempt to get this working on the 911.
It should work on the 711.

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
Hey, I see you had a problem getting USB drivers installed. I'm having the same problem with mine. It won't recognize the driver even though I can see it when I look into it manually. I'm on windows vista. I tried going and installing through device manager too.

Nevemind. Directions were pritty damn clear. Thanks. One more question, do I keep unzipped recovery file on my computer or on my SD card to run scripts 1,2,&3?

Last edited:

mik3y08

Dec 14, 2012
Hey, I see you had a problem getting USB drivers installed. I'm having the same problem with mine. It won't recognize the driver even though I can see it when I look into it manually. I'm on windows vista. I tried going and installing through device manager too.

Nevemind. Directions were pritty damn clear. Thanks. One more question, do I keep unzipped recovery file on my computer or on my SD card to run scripts 1,2,&3?

Computer, only thing that goes on SD is the zipped rom.

drbrewsalot

Dec 17, 2012
hello there firstly to fishbear his rom and scripts work good for me . i have the 7 inch d2 pad 512 what i really need is a way to make the pad see ad hoc and use it it sees it but wont connect im pretty much a noob to android . i drive truck otr and the only way to get reliable wifi for me is from the wifi hotspot in my phone to the tablet