-ROM- D2_711 (512MB Model)

mstech

Dec 19, 2012
Also forgot to mention in your first page instructions it says in tips not to update netflix. Netflix wouldn't open until I updated it. Must be netflix not allowing anything but latest version. But the update works fine.

to anyone else if tablet crashes (like when I tried to overclock even though instruction said not to, ) on reboot the density is different as in icons are big again "resolution change / density" app on market works just fine to set it back to 120.

htp24

Dec 21, 2012
I hate to be this guy, but WinXP Pro 32-bit, can't install the drivers. Says that android_winusb.inf doesn't contain information about my device. Any thoughts? (sorry)

htp24

Dec 21, 2012
I couldn't figure out the driver issue; instead I installed adbwireless and running the script over wifi. If you're starting from scratch, make sure to install the android sdk from here:

Android SDK | Android Developers

and that will give you adb. After doing that, run adbwireless and follow the instructions (the command is what you type into the command prompt).

Hope this helps someone.

mstech

Dec 19, 2012
if this would help screen shots from logs of stock, version 4, version 7 in that order show here.
$stock camera.jpg
$verson 4 camera.jpg
$version 7 camera.jpg

htp24

Dec 21, 2012
Does this rom fully support usb host? The stock one doesnt, it's missing a few modules like usb_core.ko, ehci-hcd, and probably a few others. As far as I can tell probably the only thing that does work are usb keyboards. The whole purpose of this for me is for a usb to serial connection.

I managed to setup "DSLR Controller" with this tablet (a canon T3i / D600) which was the point of the purchase of this tablet, so as far as USB Host support past keyboards go... yes.

DSLR Controller :: Home
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.dslrcontroller&hl=en

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
YEAH! TY TY Version 8 has working camera. market updatesto google play and updated netflixes works. I am a happy camper. Just one thing missing. I don't see a donate to coffee fund for you.
i only accept team fortress 2 items cuz i figure software/ music/ media should be free for everyone. i mainly made this rom so people could have a cheaper alternative to those $250+ tablets... also the economy sux so i figured that this is the one thing i could give away to ppl for free. if u got some hats or rare items just pm me and ill send you my steam account

stolle

Dec 21, 2012
myfishbear thanks for this custom rom!

im an android noob, i have been searching around for awhile on how to install this with no luck, seems like it should be easy, but i fail, lol. what exactly do i do in recovery mode and i noticed when i ran the batch files there was nothing that said they actually completed successfully, is that normal? im using a d2-711, just bought it a couple days ago.