[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
I do not know if it means anything. I looked at the hex dump of ramdisk.img. There is a header and than a bunch of "00" and than the magic header(1F 8B) for gzip file. I found three such magic headers for gzip files (which can mean three gzip files inside the ramdisk.img) and at the end there is come other code, which can be a part of the gzip file or part of the encryption code.

I used octeta on ubuntu 9.10 to look at the hex dump.

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Try charging it? Jtaf requires tearing tablet apart and wire soildering to your computer

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

payam73

Apr 3, 2011
i installed the wrong update to my android tablet now it does not boot what can i do? please help

twh

Apr 3, 2011
I must agree this is a great stable firmware upgrade but now I need to buy a 16gb sd card cause mine is now a 700mb one a great card ruined by the firmware upgrade so beware, you need a dedicated sd card for this.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
I must agree this is a great stable firmware upgrade but now I need to buy a 16gb sd card cause mine is now a 700mb one a great card ruined by the firmware upgrade so beware, you need a dedicated sd card for this.

you can recover your card fully with hp format tool for instance

Sent from my deb using Android Tablet Forum

hystrix

Jan 29, 2011
I solved the sd 700mbyte problem in another way... I used a 2 gbyte sd.
I only put the sd card in my nokia 6210 and asked the phone to format it, and, voilà, it is a 2 gbyte sd again!

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
@rgocal, for whatever it is worth. I took a dump of the system partition from the device. The files are here

1. system.tar.gz
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

2. system.info.gz
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

$snapshot1.png

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
by the way, I did a cat dump through the terminal , the image files created were all encrypted again. Upon running the "ps" command I found a process named "crypto" that is running as root.

funinthefalls

Apr 4, 2011
Great update, installed flawlessly on the first attempt. Thank you. Quick question, I can only see european countries for the weather app on the start page, how can I choose Canada?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
The goodies folder is the link I posted on the bottom of the instructions.

Its nice to see we are getting ourselfs use to android if we arnt already. I dumps are rather useless to me at the moment as I want to upgrade the system. I am currently using dumps from the superpad2.
If anyone has troubles with this firmware, please try downgrading to solve your problem, (tablet not starting to os, force closes, boot loops) anything done on an android device is reversable. Download the 15xx or 1628 update for the flytouch2 (superpad) and take the update.zip, place it on your sdcard, boot up into recovery and install update.zip. you will get some errors just keep applying till successful as its gonna try to write to recovery but it can't as the 3245 has it blocked.
Unless your applying this update to a non-superpad device, you will have troubles. These china wifi tablets arnt meant for abuse as they were built as throw away items. Kinda sick thinking you would throw out 230 dollars but its how they roll.
Read the instructions carefully, if you don't understand mine, we have rewrites. Things everyone should know, if you miss one step in a firmware update, things can go wrong with android.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
What is this...another update to come? Seems exciting....hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.