Root !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
I have other computers I can try. But this one is pretty new with W7 and all updates. hey - you got me further than before! Thanks!

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Acttually there is one more thing I forgot to mention.

Before installing the driver, open the DOS window and type
echo 0x489 >> "%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini"

Most probably this is not necessary, but I would uninstall just installed driver, open the DOS window, type the string above in DOS, reinstall the driver and try adb devices again.

Last edited:

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
Finally! Success! Thank-you, my friend! Now onto figuring out how to enable ad hoc network support! Then Apps on the SD card! I'm maaaaad!

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
For those using later versions of Windows make sure that you install the driver as an administrator and run the root exploit as an administrator.

Frencht

Nov 28, 2011
I'm still hung up on getting the drivers installed. I've downloaded the SDK and USB drivers, edited the .ini file and attempted to enter the command at the command prompt (Not sure if I am going about that in the right way or not, I'm just opening up a command prompt from within programs > accessories > cprompt and typing it in verbatim). Vtab is connected, USB debugging is enabled. When I try to install the driver from within device manager it fails. I'm running win XP pro. Any suggestions?

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
The official Vizio USB drivers didn't work for me. Have you tried the drivers Maine_Coon provided in post # 71?

welayaa

Nov 30, 2011
this is great !

but i have a question
which language would it support ?

becuase arab users cant read arabic ( the letters are separate and doisn't make sense ) with the original rom

best regards welayaa

hammbone41

Nov 30, 2011
Awesome news! I was actually going to buy a different tablet because of Vizios lack of root (SD problem is the only reason I see a personal need for root) even though I really wanted this tablet because of the IR Blaster feature. I still have one small concern which I'm not 100% convinced I even care about lol. If I root my Vizio tablet would that prevent me from receiving the ICS update if it is even released for this tablet. With that being said what are the chances of even getting a Ice Cream Sandwich update? Thanks in advance.
there is an easy root for these. my vizio is rooted

hammbone41

Nov 30, 2011
there is an easy way of doing this download superoneclick v2.2 and download dormlord v2 root open superoncliik file in exploit remove zergbush file and replace with dormlords zergbush file super ones file is v2 it wont work dormlords is v3 it works just swap file hit root and your done

jamesgb

Nov 17, 2011
Finally! Success! Thank-you, my friend! Now onto figuring out how to enable ad hoc network support! Then Apps on the SD card! I'm maaaaad!

gjhuff - I followed some instructions on the net to install a modified wpa_supplicant file on my vtab to enable the ability to connect to adhoc networks. It worked, but then I discovered that my vtab would no longer automatically connected to my normal home wifi. Each time I turned the vtab on I would have to go into settings, then go into wireless settings and if I left it there for 5 or 10 seconds then it would scan and automatically connect to my home wifi.... I put back the old wpa_supplicant file and everything went back to normal and reconnecting to my home wifi was fine - but of course adhoc networks no longer worked.

Were you successful in getting adhoc to work while not messing up connections to your normal wifi network?

-James