Root !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackbetty79

Nov 19, 2011
Can anyone please tell me what this ROOT is for? I am buying a Vizio tab next week and I need to know all the important stuff I should download. i am so excited and can not wait to get this tab.

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
I've been around pcs for about 30 years, but am stuck on this process. Have had similar troubles with Ubuntu and Mint over the years. Could some kind soul who has achieved a root draft a step-by-step guide for other imbeciles like me? Thanks, in advance.

robop

Dec 6, 2010
Just a question but now that the Vtab is rootable (Yea-Hoo) is there going to be a easy way, I know the current way is fairly easy but I have already seen people where commenting about issues doing it, like a flashable rooted ROM?

birdcrazie

Nov 3, 2011
Just a question but now that the Vtab is rootable (Yea-Hoo) is there going to be a easy way, I know the current way is fairly easy but I have already seen people where commenting about issues doing it, like a flashable rooted ROM?

It looks like most of the problems are with the driver, when the right driver is installed one of the two (Doomlord, Superoneclick) will work.

birdcrazie

Nov 3, 2011
I was finally able to root here is the instructions I used- from here- Rooting the Vizio VTAB1008 - Page 4 - xda-developers
i think the biggest issue everyone is having with root is using the wrong adb.exe. i could never get it to work with the one supplyd in the file download. i instead used the adb in my android sdk folders. im attaching the files folder i used so just replace the contents of your files folder and all should work ok.

I replaced the files in the doomlord folder with the files in the post in the other thread then I opened doomlord and plugged in my tablet and turned on debugging

Jtpboy

Sep 19, 2011
Got'er done. I think it is important to know that when you toggle the usb debugging & mass storage settings the sdcard mount settings change.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
Still having trouble. I keep locking up on the SDK installation on the pc. I have an HP HPE-570t with Win 7 64 bit. I could sure use a step by step idiot's guide, as that's the way I feel right now! <g>

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Still having trouble. I keep locking up on the SDK installation on the pc. I have an HP HPE-570t with Win 7 64 bit. I could sure use a step by step idiot's guide, as that's the way I feel right now! <g>

The only thing you need from this SDK is Google USB driver.
Below is the link with the driver. INF file has been edited already to include Vizio.

Disclaimer: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO ANYONE'S TABLET BY USING THIS LINK.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Download usb_driver.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Once you install the driver, open DOS window, navigate to wherever adb.exe is (either DoomLord or SuperOneClick you downloaded following the directions) and type "adb devices". You should see the string with the serial number of your Vizio as the device attached.

Good luck!

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
I was able, for the first time, to install the driver. But, trying both the adb in doomlord and in superclick, dos just hangs.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
I was able, for the first time, to install the driver. But, trying both the adb in doomlord and in superclick, dos just hangs.

Did you connect your VTAB, pointed it to the driver's folder and succesfully installed the driver for VTAB?
Does it show up in your Windows device manager (in my Windows XP it is shown as "Android phone")?

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
Did you connect your VTAB, pointed it to the driver's folder and succesfully installed the driver for VTAB?
Does it show up in your Windows device manager (in my Windows XP it is shown as "Android phone")?

Yes. It shows up as "Android Phone" and "ADB Interface" below that.