TechVendetta ROM Developement

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Flashing the new recovery right? I use a laptop for everything, which is what the gpu died in. I'm actually quite lucky it had a backup integrated graphics chip. I'm currently working on kernel patching for the tablets now, when this is done its going to have to update everything but uboot so far.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Should I wait?

It is a SYTABEX7

I forgot how much I like the smaller tab (VS the 10")

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
For the sytabex7(cvs) flashing the recovery causes no damage and doesn't affect normal operation. The 7-2's with no otg however have to be restored because after sdflashing, their updater and the recovery get caught in a boot loop. I'm looking into this issue. Back up and restore works great in my recovery tho. And I'm working on a couple ways to make getting into it easier.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I am going skeet shooting..... starting with the 10 and ending with the 7.....

I got the jacked up ex7 that I can't usb flash and the only machine I have that connects to it doesn't have a SD card reader.... I am going to have to tear in to it and put in a reader. This betta be good!

;)

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
IF you have the CVS sytabex7 model, no hdmi, you should be able to rename my recovery file as recovery_rd.img and use a bootable sd to flash it. If you dont already have an sd with the modified start sector, I can probably make an easy to use image, but it wont work on the upgraded 7". Its flashes, then bootloops, requiring a restore. So far the only difference I see is bmagic values....

lorenii

May 2, 2011
This is like the 3rd or 4th one from DG. So I am uncertain where it came from. It is an EX7 and it DOES have the mHDMI.

OTG port works. It is just that the recovery doesn't seem to take. I can run through it like you state but when it gets to the unplug USB and restart, it goes back to normal operation. Nothing has changed.

SYTABEX7
2.2.1-7b1
2.6.32.9 neville@neville-desktop #3

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
That's normal. You then have to type su then reboot recovery in terminal emulator or use reboot recovery option in rom manager to boot into it.

Last edited:

lorenii

May 2, 2011
ok, back on path.

only issue that I see is there is no back out (/rootdir) in the recovery area....

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I smell like plastic cups.

(a.k.a.- Fixed it! Thanks TechV)

Last edited:

jam365

Jun 27, 2011
I have a disgo 6000 and have been trying to use you recovewry image but really struggling.

I have flashed the recovery image and then run su followed by reboot recovery from terminal. The tablet then loads "CWM Based recovery v4.0.1.5" which i installed previously but i can't get it to boot the recovery. i am a little lost here and don't know what to do. should i try to remove the Clockwork mod (CWM) recovery or is there an option that i've missed that will get it to work?

actually i've just noticed that there is a tech vendetta logo in the back ground of the recovery. where do i go from here?

Last edited:

djuniah

Apr 24, 2012
Hello Techvendetta, just ordered a[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif] SYNET7LP and wanted to help out with the CM9 porting. Do you have a repo that you're using, or are you just working locally? (tried to check the website in your sig but it drupal was throwing back an SQL error [/FONT](already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections)

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Probably since it's almost time to renew my domain. As for Jam, that was a release of a working clockwork recovery, sounds like you just confirmed it works on the disgo 6000. Currently I'm working locally, eventually I'll get hub everything, I was planning to do it after I get one build with proper display on cm9. I still kinda build my recovery and kernel in a separate tree tho....I need to quit being lazy and merge them after finals. If you know what your doing and wanna help out behind the scenes add me on g+ and swing by the irc every now and then. I'm usually in the channel during a build or a test.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
So it's finals, in my Linux Security Administration class I have a research paper assignment that has to relate to Linux, here's my running title: REVERSE ENGINEERING ANDROID
It will document how I got this far and a bit of information on where I am now.

Sounds like a good paper, currently for one of my finals i am writing "Linux, Android, and its impact on the End User"

djuniah

Apr 24, 2012
Sounds great! My tab still hasn't arrived yet, so i'm just researching at the moment, but I got my hands on a Raspberry Pi recently so once I can tear myself away from builds for that I'll definitely be checking in here.