Unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024 with gingerbread firmware...!!!!

Was this help full?

• Total voters

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
aight my work on my custom roms just might start again by running them on my other baby. My custom PC running Ubuntu 11.04 with dual-core 2.60Ghz CPU currently running 5 hard-drives. Im moving around files now to free up my smallest hard-drive (80GB) just for Android. I know i can run full Android on my PC because i did it before but im not sure if i can solve device specific hardware problems or buttons so ill just work off of what i already have and edit from there..... ill let everyone know when i have Android up and running again and also if u would like to do it i can also assist you in setting up ur PC to run Android VIRTUALLY.

This is my Ubuntu set-up about 9+ months ago and oh i also run Windows7 and WindowsXP vrtually

WATCH IN HD

Last edited by a moderator:

cuida

Jul 22, 2011
And how about the official update from coby, any news?

I'm think srsly about selling my 7024 to get an 7022 (native 2.3 and capacitive screen) or a 8024 (bigger screen) :rolleyes: - considerable upgrades - but it would be better if they release an "8022"... I still think the 1024 is a bit expensive for me

Menelkir

Jul 29, 2011
And how about the official update from coby, any news?

I'm think srsly about selling my 7024 to get an 7022 (native 2.3 and capacitive screen) or a 8024 (bigger screen) :rolleyes: - considerable upgrades - but it would be better if they release an "8022"... I still think the 1024 is a bit expensive for me

They said five business days, that means September,1. Let's wait.

eldade

Aug 21, 2011
Would like to say thanks to all the people that helped make
this 7024-8024-whatever thread work.

Now have a new ROM on my Coby 8024 bought on HSN during April.

I just used 2 files:"7024-C8lean_v0.41_v2.rar" and "modified_U-boot-bin.rar".

These files can be found by looking in this thread.

Was EASY(simple) too.
1)Format 16G microSD with FAT32(outside tablet).
2)Extract "7024-C8lean_v0.41_v2.rar" into root of microSD card.
3)Extract "modified_U-boot-bin.rar" into root microSD card(overwrite stuff on SD card).
4)Put microSD card into Coby 8024.
5)Press "Home"(shiny button) & "Power Button" at same time.
6)When "COBY" appears on screen release the power button.
7)The firmware update program takes over and turns off the tablet when its done.
8)Turn on tablet and calibrate screen and you are done.

All I did then was turn on Wi-Fi, login to Android Market, and .....whatever.

The "ClockSync" app works now too.

Thanks GUYS!!!!!

GREAT JOB TO ALL!!!

Any question, suggestions, or whatever just feel free to post.

It dont worked on my mid8024 ... can you give me these files?

Its so much important: my tablet is bricked.

tanks

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Last edited:

eldade

Aug 21, 2011
Would like to say thanks to all the people that helped make
this 7024-8024-whatever thread work.

Now have a new ROM on my Coby 8024 bought on HSN during April.

I just used 2 files:"7024-C8lean_v0.41_v2.rar" and "modified_U-boot-bin.rar".

These files can be found by looking in this thread.

Was EASY(simple) too.
1)Format 16G microSD with FAT32(outside tablet).
2)Extract "7024-C8lean_v0.41_v2.rar" into root of microSD card.
3)Extract "modified_U-boot-bin.rar" into root microSD card(overwrite stuff on SD card).
4)Put microSD card into Coby 8024.
5)Press "Home"(shiny button) & "Power Button" at same time.
6)When "COBY" appears on screen release the power button.
7)The firmware update program takes over and turns off the tablet when its done.
8)Turn on tablet and calibrate screen and you are done.

All I did then was turn on Wi-Fi, login to Android Market, and .....whatever.

The "ClockSync" app works now too.

Thanks GUYS!!!!!

GREAT JOB TO ALL!!!

Any question, suggestions, or whatever just feel free to post.

Can you send me a backup (.img) of your MID8024? My is with white screen, because kernel resolution of C8_CLean is 800x480 (MID8024 = 800x600)

I followed your instructions but the problem persists.

Tank's

whobeyou

Jun 28, 2011
Well, I've bricked a 7024.... Here's what I know.

I've been tinkering with the internal SD and I've got a factory image from that (3 different partitions).

I've tried adbing when the SD is pulled and it looks like there is some internal memory. I.E. I can push files to the internal memory.

On accident, I formatted that internal memory.

Now, this is what I'm thinking is going on here. That internal mem is part of the coby recovery partition. Ever since I've formatted it, I cant hold home+power to recover the device. Just says "upgrade system activated" then black screen. Is there anyone out there that has the files from this onboard mem? If so I'd probably be able to create a recovery very easily. Let me know!

Oh I can post pics on dis-assembly too if anyone needs them.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Well, I've bricked a 7024.... Here's what I know.

I've been tinkering with the internal SD and I've got a factory image from that (3 different partitions).

I've tried adbing when the SD is pulled and it looks like there is some internal memory. I.E. I can push files to the internal memory.

On accident, I formatted that internal memory.

Now, this is what I'm thinking is going on here. That internal mem is part of the coby recovery partition. Ever since I've formatted it, I cant hold home+power to recover the device. Just says "upgrade system activated" then black screen. Is there anyone out there that has the files from this onboard mem? If so I'd probably be able to create a recovery very easily. Let me know!

Oh I can post pics on dis-assembly too if anyone needs them.

well to tell you the truth there's really no recovery partition inside this device... better just flash another custom rom i shared for 7024 if you want to use your tablet again. The stock android is not good anyway.

if you plan to open your tablet :) i guess its better to upgrade the mini sdcard to bigger capacity. There's a how to manual provided by MarioCG at another thread on how to safely crack open the device.

Last edited: