Unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024 with gingerbread firmware...!!!!

Was this help full?

• Total voters

whobeyou

Jun 28, 2011
well to tell you the truth there's really no recovery partition inside this device... better just flash another custom rom i shared for 7024 if you want to use your tablet again. The stock android is not good anyway.

if you plan to open your tablet :) i guess its better to upgrade the mini sdcard to bigger capacity. There's a how to manual provided by MarioCG at another thread on how to safely crack open the device.

How can I flash when I hold silver button and power it says upgrade system activated, then nothing? Is there supposed to be a screen after this or does it just do it's thing? I really want to get this working for my gf, I feel really bad for bricking it.....

I really do need help so if anyone can just let me know, i'm not a noob or anything with android by any means, just a noob with coby kyros tablets lol :)

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
Downloads section of coby has a freaking "Hig-Resolutiuon image" .... that might be the most useless download I have ever seen

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
How can I flash when I hold silver button and power it says upgrade system activated, then nothing? Is there supposed to be a screen after this or does it just do it's thing? I really want to get this working for my gf, I feel really bad for bricking it.....

I really do need help so if anyone can just let me know, i'm not a noob or anything with android by any means, just a noob with coby kyros tablets lol :)

there's already a sticky for 7024.. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2/18739-mid7024-all-you-need-know.html

the most stable custom for Android 2.2 is this one https://rapidshare.com/files/1070714552/7024-C8lean_v0.41_v2.rar

newer one base on C8lean v0.51 for Android 2.2 is https://rapidshare.com/files/3288114521/CFW-Base-on-C8lean_v0.51-MID7024.rar

You can also use other custom rom of C8lean Gingerbread but you will lose volume hardware button...if you update your uboot.bin then you will also lose your camera..

wicced already provided his Custom Gingerbread but just do a search...

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I've already send another mail asking about the update, and I'll send at least 3 or 4 tomorrow.

i also asked them for update for my suppose to be "bricked" tablet hehe .. and Mike Hardial [mike_hardial@co*y*sa.com] reply

"The file will be available for download in two weeks."

Menelkir

Jul 29, 2011
i also asked them for update for my suppose to be "bricked" tablet hehe .. and Mike Hardial [mike_hardial@co*y*sa.com] reply

"The file will be available for download in two weeks."

WTF? These people are joking with us, the same guy says that the file will be available today!

Aug 4, 2011
And if you flashed a new firmware, but it is "buggy" or just did not like, how to get it back? To the native firmware? If no root access possible to change the basic system files? And if possible, it means that the tablet was Ruth? You can make a complete snapshot of the internal memory card, plate, what would it zamentit more capacious and high-speed (16 or 32Giga class 10)? Pomoezht it to restore the tablet when he was in a brick?

Menelkir

Jul 29, 2011
And if you flashed a new firmware, but it is "buggy" or just did not like, how to get it back? To the native firmware? If no root access possible to change the basic system files? And if possible, it means that the tablet was Ruth? You can make a complete snapshot of the internal memory card, plate, what would it zamentit more capacious and high-speed (16 or 32Giga class 10)? Pomoezht it to restore the tablet when he was in a brick?

I don't think I understand what you mean, but if you want to return to stock, forget it, read the thread and you will understand why.

HapHazard

Sep 2, 2011
I have read most of the 43 pages of this thread and I have successfully applied the 7024-C8lean_v0.41_v2.rar ROM using the steps mentioned on page 31 (I think it was 31). My tablet is running great and I was able to install the main app I wanted the tablet for (Vulkano Flow player). Then I wanted to install other apps and most recently was trying to install the NetFlix player. This was failing because the NetFlix installation said I needed more storage. I had already opened my tablet and replaced the internal SD card with a 16 gb card but as we all know the ROM install process partitions that SD card into several partitions. Apparently the NetFLix installation was not able to install directly to the ~13 gb SD card partition. Then I had the idea... I removed the internal SD card from the tablet. Then I booted my laptop with an Ubuntu Live CD while I had the SD card in the card slot on my laptop. Linux, unlike Windows, can "see" all of the partitions on the SD card. After my laptop booted I used the GParted utility to resize the partitions on the SD card. I wasn't sure which of the small partitions was being used for what purpose but I knew one of them was the normal "nand" storage area where apps normally get installed. The sizes were originally something like 100 mb, 500 mb, 128 mb, and ~13 gb. I resized them to 128 mb, 1000 mb, 256 mb, and whatever was left over (~12 gb). Reinstalled the SD card in the tablet and rebooted and now I have NetFlix installed and running with no problems. If you are brave enough to open your tablet I think this is a nice little improvement.

Menelkir

Jul 29, 2011
It's time to send some flames to Coby USA, since they trolling us enough, everyone ask for answers:

Mike_Hardial @ cobyusa.com
techsupport @ cobyusa.com

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Hi all, which rom works for 8024. I read every page in this thread I have downloaded c8lean v.041 v2 and also wicced gb rom not sure which one will work and if I need modified u_boot.bin to keep camera and soft keys working.I see that flxrm removed his files so guide at top of pg 31 is not accurate.

Menelkir

Jul 29, 2011
Hi all, which rom works for 8024. I read every page in this thread I have downloaded c8lean v.041 v2 and also wicced gb rom not sure which one will work and if I need modified u_boot.bin to keep camera and soft keys working.I see that flxrm removed his files so guide at top of pg 31 is not accurate.

You read the entire thread and didn't notice that this one is about 7024? :p