Unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024 with gingerbread firmware...!!!!

Was this help full?

• Total voters

rain

May 5, 2011
hello . . .
yaa, i'm not lying . . . yaa, ( bam ! ) it just did its thing and it worked ( rooted ). yaa, my 724 "was" virgin . . . titanium then was able to do its thing.

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
hello . . .
yaa, i'm not lying . . . yaa, ( bam ! ) it just did its thing and it worked ( rooted ). yaa, my 724 "was" virgin . . . titanium then was able to do its thing.

Well thanks for the tip, I´ll try this latter on and if it works I´ll add it to the all you need to know thread.

The only reason right now is to do a little hack on the Opera browser and get cuevana running on my tablet.
I´ll post back my results as soon as I have them.

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
Actually I wonder if anyone with a rooted tablet would be willing to test this and let us know if it works.
Cuevana is a website were you can watch movies and tv series for free
Cuevana | Películas y series online en calidad DVD
To view them you need to installa plugin and your browser, so searching around I found this page: Cuevana Funcionando Con Plugin - Grupo Android with details on how to get the Opera plugin running on the opera mobile

Looks pretty simple with no risk of brick

The post is in spanish so if anyone is willing to invest a couple of minutes and let us (me) know if it works I would highly appreciate it

PS: If you need help with translating the instructions just let me know.

Thanks!

Aug 4, 2011
The question is how - if at the official site posted virmovuyu firmware, you can experts (gurus) can use it to create alternative firmware, built-in Root, markets, the activation of 3G modems and can be expanded list of modems, and may be an increased amount of system memory and without any unnecessary, but the firmware (the light version) and added (defined) required for daily rabotys tablet ... It is from 8024

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Actually I wonder if anyone with a rooted tablet would be willing to test this and let us know if it works.
Cuevana is a website were you can watch movies and tv series for free
Cuevana | Películas y series online en calidad DVD
To view them you need to installa plugin and your browser, so searching around I found this page: Cuevana Funcionando Con Plugin - Grupo Android with details on how to get the Opera plugin running on the opera mobile

Looks pretty simple with no risk of brick

The post is in spanish so if anyone is willing to invest a couple of minutes and let us (me) know if it works I would highly appreciate it

PS: If you need help with translating the instructions just let me know.

Thanks!

I can confirm that the latest SuperOneClick will root a virgin MID7024 (thanks for the tip rain).

I will now try this cuevana thing.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Damn, it says the servers are overloaded. I'll try again later

Edit: it works :D

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
Second confirm here.
SuperOneClick 2.1.1 works like a charm in Kyros 7024 even after the process of getting the market described in the all you need to know thread.

I'm adding this to the post.

Thanks rain, credit goes to you!

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
I can't get it to work.

do you have the /data/data/com.opera.browser?

I have /data/data/com.opera.mini.android

I have tried changing the .ini file to reflect the correct path but it does now work, how did you do it?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I can't get it to work.

do you have the /data/data/com.opera.browser?

I have /data/data/com.opera.mini.android

I have tried changing the .ini file to reflect the correct path but it does now work, how did you do it?

I think you need Opera Mobile, not Mini

Here's exactly what I did:

1) Root tablet with SuperOneClick

2) If you have Opera Mobile running, kill it now using ES Task Manager

3) I did things a little different here since I don't have root explorer. First I created a tar archive with the required files and copied it to my microsd card (you can get it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17126237/cuevana.tar.gz)

4) Then I just used the Terminal emulator app to extract the files to the correct location:
Code:
$ su
(Click Allow when SuperUser asks for permission)
# cd /data/data/com.opera.browser
# tar xzvf /extsd/cuevana.tar.gz

Last edited:

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
I think you need Opera Mobile, not Mini

Here's exactly what I did:

1) Root tablet with SuperOneClick

2) If you have Opera Mobile running, kill it now using ES Task Manager

3) I did things a little different here since I don't have root explorer. First I created a tar archive with the required files and copied it to my microsd card (you can get it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17126237/cuevana.tar.gz)

4) Then I just used the Terminal emulator app to extract the files to the correct location:
Code:
$ su
(Click Allow when SuperUser asks for permission)
# cd /data/data/com.opera.browser
# tar xzvf /extsd/cuevana.tar.gz

AWESOME it works!
Thanks steev didn't realize there where 2 opera to download form the market I just went and got the first one.

I feel I love my tablet a little more today and with Netflix coming to Costa Rica tomorrow and the app with official support for 2.2 I can't wait to see this baby connected through the HDMI.

This is basically my new VHS/DVD-BlueRay player. Really looking forward to try it.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
The official 8024 firmware it actually use the NAND compare with other custom firmware... i just made a comparison with official 8024 vs other custom firmware.

also by flashing the official 8024 firmware to my 7024 there are part of the screen which i cant see..well its suppose to be because 8024 screen is bigger :p the camera is also in reverse. i think ill be using this new firmware now but clean and customize it to my liking.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Is anyone working on roms now that the original firmware is released? If so, I'd like to help in what ways I can, even if to use my MID8024 as a test device. Let me know, would really like to see Gingerbread working on these devices

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Hey guys, I just opened my 8024 to try and relieve the screen tension thats throwing off the calibration. my board is showing marked as MID8024_V05. Thought I'd let you know in case it helps with anything

Arlic

May 13, 2011
OK, I now have a bricked MID8024. Cool...:-((

I was trying out the "C8lean_v1.2.rar" ROM from another site....and it worked ...kinda.
We'll....after trying to tinker with the volume controls the tablet somewhat.....died. :-((

Now the only thing that happens is that the soft buttons light-up for about 5-7 seconds
if I hold down the power button. The screen doesn't appear to turn on at all, either white
or dark or whatever.

So, I opened up the beast---why not-- and checked out the inside. Neat.

I have the MID8025_V03 board.

I also checked out the internal SDcard in a Ubuntu 11.04 machine and it does have 4 partions
like most people have pointed out. There isn't anything on the card except a "Lost & Found"
folder that I don't have permission to open up.

Anyway....is there anyway to get into recovery mode from this point??

I have tried everything, well...mostly. The power/back, power/back/down volume, power/back
and back again, etc.

Is there anyway to re-start this thing by putting stuff back on the internal SD card??

Just wondering....

Any questions, comments, suggestions, or what have you just post away.

Bye...
Arlic