CyanogenMod Discussion [ROMS] [Kernels] [Versions]

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have to admit I haven't been following this progress. Thanks for the update. It will be so nice (not that they haven't done an amazing job with CM7)!

spongy

Jan 4, 2012
Hi, I got a nook color for xmas and downloaded the latest B&N update. A few days after, I rooted my nook using the instructions and it worked fine.

I just have a quick question : do I need to keep the SD card with what I used for rooting (CM7, google apps, clockwork)?
After rooting I removed the SD card and my nook runs CM7 perfectly.
I would like to use a SD card to add music and videos. Would you guys recommend formatting the SD card or can I just copy my files (videos, mp3) on it and insert it back inside the Nook? I also have a brand new 32 GB class 4 SD card that I could use to play multimedia files on the Nook. What do you guys think?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi, I got a nook color for xmas and downloaded the latest B&N update. A few days after, I rooted my nook using the instructions and it worked fine.

I just have a quick question : do I need to keep the SD card with what I used for rooting (CM7, google apps, clockwork)?
After rooting I removed the SD card and my nook runs CM7 perfectly.
I would like to use a SD card to add music and videos. Would you guys recommend formatting the SD card or can I just copy my files (videos, mp3) on it and insert it back inside the Nook? I also have a brand new 32 GB class 4 SD card that I could use to play multimedia files on the Nook. What do you guys think?

Hi spongy, I moved your post since you used the custom ROM CM7 on the internal memory rather than creating a bootable CM7 card. If you created a bootable ClockworkMod Recovery (CWR) card you might want to keep it handy for future recovery, particularly if it is only a small card (1 or 2GB). You can also feel free to reformat it and use it as a regular data SD for your files.

Either way, if you use that card and/or the 32GB card then yes, all you need to do is put your files on the card and then insert it into the Nook. Once inserted you can access it in the future by using the usb cable to connect the Nook to the PC or get a wireless app such as samba or dropbox to move files without hooking the Nook up to the pc or removing the card.

JP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think it is CM7 test platform for CM9 so when it is done it will be CM9. Work is well under way for CM9 so that is where it is all heading :)

Benzoman

Jan 15, 2012
So just what is this nightly turning into? CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Encore Lots of reference to ICS in the changes, but just what is is going to be when it's done, CM7 or CM9? I've been watching this for a long time and its getting huge. Will it even run on the NC? So many ????

Being its being done under encore, I would hazard a guess that it will run on nook color.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
I've never had SOD with 253M. It's been flawless from the beginning except for when I encourage screw ups like today.
I'll now venture into CM9 land. See you soon.