Gome Flytouch 2 Infotmic X210 10" Android 2.1 Tablet Description

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Brief Hands-On Impressions

I tried a device (with no wifi since we didn't have the registration code), and the following are my impressions. It ran 1561, and did not have GPS.

Build quality is plastic. It does still copy the basic iPad looks. It felt light in the hand. A brief shake of the device seemed to unravel no loose parts. As there are no visible screws on the device, it does not seem very serviceable. The casing design quality is better than the APAD iRobot and Freescale iMX515 8" which I also have tested before - overall above average for a shanzhai device.

Once you enter applications, it feels pretty fast throughout the menus and for web browsing. The stock 3D launcher is noticeably slow. However, it did rotate all 4 orientations.

microSD reads without issues, also for sideloading applications. Sideloading launchers did not work, but there is a known workaround for this issue. Without wifi, I was unable to test the Android market and other applications.

Video playback works fine. Also tested were Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, both of which ran great on the test unit.

Response is good for a resistive screen, and response well to finger touches. However, I ran a test with Dev Tools Pointer Location, and the touchscreen seemed to be sampling points quite slowly. As a result, the pointer jumps when you perform drag actions. Tapping is unaffected, and accuracy is quite good.

I experienced a power issue where the device refused to turn on, after the device ran out of battery. We had to poke the power button to start it back up. There were noticeable electronic buzzing noises (from my test unit, anyway, which was supposedly brand new).

The 10" screen was 1024x600, and had decent brightness. Viewing angles were decent horizontally, but very poor vertically. Using this as a portrait ebook reading may not be a good option.

If this device did not have it's call home registration and update 'features', it is arguably notch above Telechips TCC8902 at stock given its performance and gaming capabilities for someone who is willing to root it and remove the stock launcher. The device itself is quite viable as a retail product. The main disadvantages include support, and questionable device quality. At the right price (under $200), it is a good Android tablet for basic 3D gaming, reading, and surfing.

Information
Initially reported on Engadget China

This post has been modified to include specifications and information about the Flytouch II, which has since been released.

Product name: Gome Flytouch 2
Key features: GPS, dual USB, 3D support, 7", Android 2.1, HDMI, 1080P, LAN 10/100

Pictures (it168)
fNDgz.jpg

BLe8K.jpg

hQwix.jpg

Useful Links
XDA Developers
Slatedroid Flytouch II Forums

Standard Specifications
Screen size: 10.1"
Touch: Single-point resistive
Standard resolution: 1024x600
CPU: Infotmic X210 ARM11 @ 800MHz
RAM: 256MB DDR2
GPS: integrated, with external antenna attachment
Networking connectivity: wifi b/g, RJ45 LAN
Camera: 1.3MP
Expansion: 2x microSD
Other: Integrated stylus slot, haptic feedback (vibration), g-sensor
Ports: USB, audio out
Charger: 9v/2.5A
Mass: 700g
Materials: Plastic
MSRP (Genuine): 1999RMB

Reference: onderka.com » SuperPAD Hardware

Generic Variant Names
Reference: XDA developers

• WOWpad
  • SuperPAD
  • APad GF10
  • ZH10X2
  • Careeror CM10104
  • “HyPE-Pad” bei BuyADroid
  • ShenZhen FirstView Electronic Co. PC1002I

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Nice! Integrated lan! USB ports! Dual SD! 3d Support! Android 2.1! Wow, if my FlyTouch dies or someone is interested in buying mine this tablet will be my next choice!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
How about the weight of it? Is it now heavier with all those extra features. Current model is so lite you can fall asleep with in your hands without the fear of dropping on the floor. Mine has hit the floor a few times but it's rock solid.

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
Of course it will be heavier than the original 7 inch as it is now packed with 10 inches. It weights around 0.7kg which is very similar to the iPad's weight.

Migz93

Nov 1, 2010
How well does it actually run? Never had any other android tablets so im worried in which one to get as my first one. Will this one be lag free and happily play music/video/HD video files without any lag?

Dvalin21

Oct 28, 2010
Im with Migz93 on this, everyone had the chance to see the Zt180 on video, we havent seen this one video yet. My wife will be getting me this for Christmas, Oh and by the way, everyone else is selling them around 219 or higher, this place is selling them for 166 Flying Touch II 10 inch Google Android 2.1 GPS MID Tablet PC

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
I cant understand how do they do such reviews? Did they actually tested one or wrote article by sellers specifics.

Purchased this one from ebay
10.2" FlyTouch2 Android 2.1 WiFi GPS Camera Tablet PC - eBay (item 280578657015 end time Nov-21-10 00:19:54 PST)

And according to few system info apps my cpu is ARMv6 791mips, 184mb of ram and 1gb hdd with free space of about 800mb.

Can it be that such system info tools see only current freq rate (~800mhz) of cpu then total (~1ghz), 72mb of ram is used by some processes that I don't know of, and 1gb is used by OS and is not visible?
Never had other tablet so I am not sure what to expect.

Either way with all preloaded apps I am getting about 30mb free of ram. Opening larger apps crash tablet os.

Dvalin21

Oct 28, 2010
This maybe governing factor on me buying this product. I was worried about it and maybe you confirmed a few things for me. But I also saw a rebranded version on Flying Touch II 10 inch Google Android 2.1 GPS MID Tablet PC

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
It looks exsactly like mine just a alot cheaper. Make sure it comes w gps antena without it reception is poor

Dvalin21

Oct 28, 2010
Yeah I know, but after your post, I think I'm just going to stick with the ZT-180. There's more support for it and constant updates. I would be pissed if I get this and it doesn't get the same support as the ZT-180, because lets face it, we all can't be scripters. I would like to learn more myself, but between work, school, new born, wife, and son who really has time.

Dvalin21

Oct 28, 2010
I'm sure there is, but right now, I have to see it to believe it. So far one person already received their device, and the specs dont even pan out. Thats not good! I would rather go with what I know that works. The Zenithink will last for awhile, it will be enough for me until something more for certin and more stable comes out.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I'm sure there is, but right now, I have to see it to believe it. So far one person already received their device, and the specs dont even pan out. Thats not good! I would rather go with what I know that works. The Zenithink will last for awhile, it will be enough for me until something more for certin and more stable comes out.

But these are going to be sold here in the USA retail stores. Read this and this

I would have to test it out myself with Android OS 2.1 and 1GHz CPU