Gome Flytouch 2 Infotmic X210 10" Android 2.1 Tablet Description

mrburkley

Nov 24, 2010
Does the FlyTouch2 have compass functionality? I would really like to use it with Google's SkyMap software, and that uses the GPS and the built-in compass to work. Thanks for any help.

--Michael

Migz93

Nov 1, 2010
Just thought id give an update on my green screen bricked Fly Touch 2 problem.
I had it for 2 days before it randomly turned off and bricked itself.
Decided to contact shenit.com for help on the matter, i contacted them on the 19th, so nearly a week ago now and the problem is still not fixed.
They are taking their time to reply, tends to be they message me once every day or two, even if i reply almost instantly.
I'll just paste out whats been sent so far. (You need to read from the bottom up)
Miguel Coelho | 11/25/10 6:19 PM

I've run into problems with that, first of all i tried what you said and found out that i don't need to press all the buttons, i only need to press the turn on key and the HOME key, if i press all of them it gets stuck on the first screen.
Then i tried the apply sdcard:update.zip
But as you haven't sent me the update.zip i don't have it on my SD card, how are you expecting me to install something you haven't sent me?
Could you please send through the update.zip file so i can put it on my SD card and try it again.
Please don't take another day to reply to me, because I've had my Fly Touch 2 over a week now, and I've only used it two days.

Customer Service | 11/25/10 6:02 PM

Please press the turn on key ,home key and the 3 buttons on the surface at the same time . Untill you see 4 choices on the screen .
1.Choose the second one : apply sdcardupdate.zip
2.Choose the third one :wipe data/factory reset
3.Press "YES-delete all user data "
4. Choose the fourth one :wipe cache partition
Ok , reboot it ?
Or could you please search on youtube.apk and install a new youtube app ? Thanks !

Customer Service | 11/23/10 6:12 PM

Ok , we tell you how to upgrade it .Please wait . We would send you tomorrow . Thanks !

Miguel Coelho | 11/23/10 4:23 PM

I have tried this, it does not help. It is still stuck on the green screen.

Customer Service | 11/23/10 4:03 PM

Could you please try "hard reset",under the device , there is a hole.

Miguel Coelho | 11/22/10 6:18 PM

Yup, i can turn it on, but when it gets to a green screen that says "Powered by WowPad" it doesn't go any further, it just gets stuck there,

Customer Service | 11/22/10 5:15 PM

So you can turn on it , but can‘t boot it and enter into the screen right ?

Miguel Coelho | 11/20/10 5:47 PM

Oh sorry, i misunderstood what you said previously.
Basically you are going to take my problem to your technical department and then let me know what they say?

Customer Service | 11/20/10 2:59 PM

Sorry , usually the customers can tell me their problems directly . If I can't solve it , I would take to our technical department . Hoping you can have a wait because today is saturday.

Miguel Coelho | 11/19/10 6:18 PM

Could you please let me know where i can contact your technical department? As i cant find anywhere on your website to get in touch with them. Thanks.

Customer Service | 11/19/10 5:39 PM

OH , no worry for it . I would take your problem to our technical department . Thanks !

Miguel Coelho | 11/19/10 4:14 PM

Hello, im hoping you can help me with a severe problem im having.
After having my Fly Touch 2 for less then two days, earlier today while listning to music and on a painting aplication the device turned off abruptly, it was also plugged in to charge and when it turned off the charging light also went off. I turned on the device but it wont get passed the green screen.
Please help, i don't want to have just spent roughly £150 on something which only worked for two days.
So they really havent been very useful so far, and not very clear with some of the things they say. But like i said at least they are replying and trying to help, more then ive read about other sellers who just don't reply at all or take forever to reply.

Last edited:

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
There are two types of boot menu.

1. I access it by pressing home right after turning it on, menu looks like this
http://www.zaponline.org/uploads/recovery.jpg

2. Second is accessed by pressing home + back + power on (by holding combination for 10seconds you will see few options, that a ran by pressing same combination over again). It is used to re write whole rom.

I had problem with green screen same as you, what I did was from 1. method mentioned above did wipe data / factory reset. Please note that all of your information and apps will be gone. I would suggest removing TF card also. This problem occured with tablet build that ends with 1000, after update to 1001 have not experienced this so far.

Migz93

Nov 1, 2010
I've accessed number 1 before, and i've tried the options in there and they havent helped.
Im not able to get the second boot menu to work.
If i hold down home + back + power on it comes up saying "Press the requires keys if you want to do a factory reset, system will boot normally in.... seconds" It then counts down from 5 to 0, if i stop pressing anything it just boots normally and then gets stuck at the green screen. If i keep my fingers held down it gets the the boot menu in number 1.
Help?
Im happy to lose all data/wipe everything/redo everything as long as i can use my Fly Touch 2 again.

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
Did you try also to wipe all cache?

It may sound as sci fi but try hold tablet when loading before green screen vertical position (as TV set) but upside down :)

Regarding menu 2.
When it counts to five I release combination and press same again, then it starts to look for rom. In my case I had TF card in with rom files.

Also it would be handy if you knew your model version, build

Model name: chum
Firmwareversion: 2.1-update1
Kernel version: 2.6.32 hzhao@emma #1
Build number: chum-r2.1.1000
or

Model Number: Deb
Firmware Version 2.1update1
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9 hzhao@emma1 #1
Build number: deb-r2.1.1001
If you purchased it month or two back you probably got first one. I could share my rom files if you tell me were to upload.

Migz93

Nov 1, 2010
Good news! Managed to get it working again.
I've tried wiping all cache before it didn't work.
I tried holding the tablet as you said, it didn't work.
I decided to try menu 2 again, i didn't have a TF card inserted, i just pressed the buttons, then pressed the buttons again. It did its thing and then it booted up past the green screen! And now i have a working tablet again :D thank you very much!
I think it would be a good idea if somebody posted up a thread with all these different menus + ways to get the tablet working again as it would be very useful.

But my tablet is
Model Number: Deb

Firmware version: 2.1-update1

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
hzhao@emma#1

Build number: deb-r2.1.1001

Is there anyway i can back up the rom of my device incase this "factory rom restore" doesn't work next time?

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
I think is stored in hidden partition away from reach. So you will be able do same any time boot fails. Currently you have latest build. There is another build deb-r2.1.1170 but my supplier told me it is just for China and HK region currently.

I was trying 1170 in making work on my tablet but it refused to complete update steps. So I found another way here
11-7 update is here and confirmed to work!

With it update failed and my tablet did not function properly, I have restored in method you did but it would not accept old license code any longer. Luckily seller gave me new one.

Migz93

Nov 1, 2010
The hidden partition probably explains why the Fly Touch 2 is advertised with 2GB internal memory but only 1GB shows up.
I managed to install the update you linked to and my tablet is working fine, but problem is license code is not working now either. I will have to ask shenit.com for another one and hope that they are happy enough to give me one.

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
Not so sure, seller told me they need to pay for additional licenses. Did u try to update from update app?

easonyoun

Nov 2, 2010
I'm planning of buying an Android pad and want to know wich one is best buy for the moment, in that particular price range!
FlyTouch2 I think is the best you can buy, only missing bluetooth in it.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Give this a few months the price should drop some more. They don't give you 512MB RAM though still like the first Flytouch only the 220 CPU is use. That's clocks in at 800MHz CM3 benchmark of 900. Rooted should increase that though.

robbster91

Nov 27, 2010
Hi guys, newbie here- and just got my Flytouch2. Have you guys gotten it to play HDMI output to LCD tv ? Cant seem to get output to my Vizio 47" tv, I get the HDMI icon on the Flytouch2 screen on the upper left corner, but no output to the lcd.

Other than that, i like the FT2 so far. Also any app you prefer to connect to network shares on my wifi network? id like to play videos off the shares.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Hi guys, newbie here- and just got my Flytouch2. Have you guys gotten it to play HDMI output to LCD tv ? Cant seem to get output to my Vizio 47" tv, I get the HDMI icon on the Flytouch2 screen on the upper left corner, but no output to the lcd.

Other than that, i like the FT2 so far. Also any app you prefer to connect to network shares on my wifi network? id like to play videos off the shares.

Under Settings
Display & Sound
HDMI settings for 1200x720p / 1920x1080p @ 60Hz
Output to HDMI, Composite or None

Make sure you have the settings to match the output of your HDTV
Set the device to None for Output and then set it back of you want to watch video on the tablet.

Otherwise nothing will work right. If you still fell it doesn't work then you have issue with hardware or software?
I would try a 720p HDTV and see if that works out better than 1080p HDTV.