[How To] Manually Update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"

Elitism

Jul 24, 2011
Disgo 6000 Bricked
Flashed with OTG Using: 11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3
Device wont boot, continious black screen, all went well untill unplug cable and reset device.
Any cure for this please email me: f l u x e n s t i e n AT g m a i l . c o m

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Disgo 6000 Bricked
Flashed with OTG Using: 11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3
Device wont boot, continious black screen, all went well untill unplug cable and reset device.
Any cure for this please email me: f l u x e n s t i e n AT g m a i l . c o m

Elitism
, there is NO known cure to revive a tablet that has irreparable damage (bricked) by applying the incorrect InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) file. The files contain multiple images one being U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" that is programmed for the specific board in the tablet.

The Disgo 6000's have been previously reported as board 12.2.0.5. Other Disgo 6000 users applied 11.2.0.6 without issue but 11.2.18 is for a different type board.

What Hardware ID "hwver" was identified in Step 1 of How to manually update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo" before burning the update file?

If the Hardware ID "hwver" was 12.2.0.5 then try using the Disgo update file and see if the tablet responds. It is doubtful that it will restore the tablet since previous reports state once the incorrect file is burned the device is bricked.

Last edited:

Elitism

Jul 24, 2011
if the chips are burned in manufacturering then what is the only way to reburn it with out direct control to the tablet?
could i make a breadboard and place the chip on it and reprogram it thru serial port?
there has got to be a way.. there always is!.

Oh yeah and i do admit to applying the wrong ius..
I could not download 11.2.0.6 from the server.. so oh well, it was only a £60 tablet, i'll get another and take the disco6000 apart and desodder the chips as replacements later on if i cant find a prefreble flashing tecnique

Also is there any way i can have the vb project files for the IUW program?
i would like to try my own type of reflashing technique.

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
if the chips are burned in manufacturering then what is the only way to reburn it with out direct control to the tablet?
could i make a breadboard and place the chip on it and reprogram it thru serial port?
there has got to be a way.. there always is!.

It will take a little time to gather the appropriate links but this has been documented and posted for another device. I'll update this post with the information later today.

Searching for reference to JTAG and "SPI Flash Programming"‏ specific to these tablets. Different chip but equivalent method. Re-programing SPI Serial FLASH on CPU Daughtercard (De-bricking) - SlateDroid.com - Page 6

Absolutely no relevant information in this video other than -

• The amount of effort needed to unbrick a device
  • If you find a solution, it can become a business
  • Music and fast forward requiring little attention span

Here's a place to start - Unbricking Gome/Fake FlyTouch Android tablet. Interesting photo.
$IMG_2286.JPG

Oh yeah and i do admit to applying the wrong ius..
I could not download 11.2.0.6 from the server.. so oh well, it was only a £60 tablet, i'll get another and take the disco6000 apart and desodder the chips as replacements later on if i cant find a prefreble flashing tecnique

A query of the update server is still generating the download link. You can download and attempt to burn but as you note once flashed incorrectly it will require significant effort to reprogram.

Code:
[URL="http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=11.2.0.6&vcode=0"]http:/ / 222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=11.2.0.6&vcode=0[/URL]
Code:
[URL="http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.0.6/11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius"]12|http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.0.6/11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius[/URL]

Also is there any way i can have the vb project files for the IUW program?
i would like to try my own type of reflashing technique.

In the Custom Sylvania ROM development starting around post #100 there is a discussion regarding decompiling IUW.exe. Multiple methods were attempted to gain the information needed for vio's IusEdit_0.41.

Also, in the first few post's of the Custom Sylvania ROM development stragulus discusses modifying his custom "2 stage" flashing technique for a tablet with only on SD slot. I would suggest a view at that approach discussed at xda-developers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elitism

Jul 24, 2011
It will take a little time to gather the appropriate links but this has been documented and posted for another device. I'll update this post with the information later today.

Searching for reference to JTAG and "SPI Flash Programming"‏ specific to these tablets. Different chip but equivalent method. Re-programing SPI Serial FLASH on CPU Daughtercard (De-bricking) - SlateDroid.com - Page 6

Absolutely no relevant information in this video other than -

• The amount of effort needed to unbrick a device
  • If you find a solution, it can become a business
  • Music and fast forward requiring little attention span

Here's a place to start - Unbricking Gome/Fake FlyTouch Android tablet. Interesting photo.
View attachment 3258

A query of the update server is still generating the download link. You can download and attempt to burn but as you note once flashed incorrectly it will require significant effort to reprogram.

Code:
[URL="http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=11.2.0.6&vcode=0"]http:/ / 222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=11.2.0.6&vcode=0[/URL]
Code:
[URL="http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.0.6/11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius"]12|http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.0.6/11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius[/URL]

In the Custom Sylvania ROM development starting around post #100 there is a discussion regarding decompiling IUW.exe. Multiple methods were attempted to gain the information needed for vio's IusEdit_0.41.

Also, in the first few post's of the Custom Sylvania ROM development stragulus discusses modifying his custom "2 stage" flashing technique for a tablet with only on SD slot. I would suggest a view at that approach discussed at xda-developers.

thanks your getting the info i need, any more related please feel free to drop it here (o,o)_|b

I'm going to start a new thread on debricking disgo6000, this should help colaberate a debricking method for people who have bricked their disgo 6000 2.2 android tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Where can I find the USB drivers for the tablet?
drsounds, Welcome to the forum!

The drivers are in the iuw1.2.zip‎ compressed file linked at the bottom of the First post of this thread. When you extract the archive the drivers will be in the "otg_driver" folder.

They are Win32 only.

Note: The drivers only allow communication from the PC to the tablet for the purpose of burning new update images. It DOES NOT provide a method of moving files between the tablet and PC.

Last edited:

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Finally unbricked my tablet, just took multiple flashes and then suddenly it worked.

Elitism

Jul 24, 2011
Finally unbricked my tablet, just took multiple flashes and then suddenly it worked.

Congratulations! What tablet did you unbrick?
and could you provide aditional information as to how and what you used to unbrick the device?

PaulX

Jul 6, 2011
Great Work, and a very nice write-up! Here are modified instructions, starting at step 4, for burning directly from the computer without using an SD card. This has only been confirmed to work with WinXP.

I've just started using Android devices, so my apologies if this has already been pointed out. Win7 addicts may be interested that I can confirm the method described works with Win7 (direct burn from computer), to do this IUW.exe
has to be set to run in WinXP compatabilty mode:

1. Right-click IUW.exe
2. Left-click "Properties" on the drop-down menu (should be the last item on the menu)
3. Left-click "Compatability" on the "Properties" window that will open.
4. In the resulting window there will be a tick-box (tick this if its - as normally - unchecked) with the text "Run this program in compatability mode for" and
a selection of windows platforms. (I've used "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" [with Win7 running on an HP netbook])
5. Click the Apply button (which should now be available at the bottom right)

Using cfrockit's excellent tutorial above I've successfully flashed the updates (and reverted to original to get HDMI minicable) on a Disgo 6000 tablet.

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
I looked everywhere I could, but cannot seem to locate 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius

I have both tablets. The SYNET7LP and SYTABEX7. I'd like to know which beta to flash to which tablet.

I have already flashed the beta 3 to the x7, and it works great. I flashed it to the lp and it works. So, is that the latest or is the 4, 5 or 6 better? Where do I download them?

Please forgive. I've looked through everywhere, and can't seem to locate them.

Thanks ... Renee

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
thats the one to install, forget about the others, beta4 is running smoothly on three tan, and everything is working great

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Great info thanks for the post. I just got my Net7 back from DG and they sent me one with the factory 2.20 and a 2gig card, but it is missing auto rotate. Which file do I need to burn to get auto rotate back? HWVER 11.2.0.7

Update 12:19a 11AUG11: I was able to get a successful burn of http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.5/11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius on my HWVER 11.2.0.7 unit and it's up and running. Now I have:
Android Version: DG2.2.1-7b1
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 neville desktop#3
Hardware ID: 11.2.1.5

but still no auto rotate.

Update 12:53a 11AUG11: I was able to get a successful burn of beta5 following the beta4. Now I have:
Android Version: DG2.20
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 judy-pc#48
Hardware ID of 11.2.1.5

aaaand still no auto rotate...

I thought it was going to change the config of the display drivers because when I first booted, the Sylvania animation logo was TINY... but it didn't. Going back to beta 4 just simply because DG2.2.1-7b1 has to be better than DG2.20 right?

Last edited: