[ROM][4.4.4] PAC-ROM For A2109

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Hello! This is my first ever ROM port. Please tell me if anything isn't right, I'll (attempt to) fix it.

This is the latest PAC-ROM ported from the Nexus 7 (grouper) to our tablet using PJBrs' CM11 build as a base. This ROM is on-par with his ROM in terms of working hardware. It actually "seems" faster than regular CM11, might just be because I don't have anything installed yet.

For those of you that don't know what PAC-ROM is, it's basically a melting pot of features from other ROMs (ParanoidAndroid, AOKP, and Cyanogenmod). It's a behemoth of a ROM, but only in features. For size and speed, it's about as big as CM11 is, and it seems to be faster to me (as I said, might just be because I don't have anything installed yet).

Screenshots:

S2oa838.png

MyzrX5O.png

UjLIjGH.png

BUGS:
- SD Card doesn't work: no fix for this unfortuantely... The device this was ported from has no SD card slot.
Current downloads:
Download from AndroidFileHost (build 20151006)

Download from d-h.st (build 20151006)

Older downloads:
Download from AndroidFileHost (build 20150801)

Download from d-h.st (build 20150801)

Download from AndroidFileHost (build 20150708)
Download from d-h.st (build 20150708)

Updates:
Nfc Service force close fix (flashable zip):
Download from AndroidFileHost (build 20150708-->20150709)
Download from d-h.st (build 20150708-->20150709)

I really don't like version numbers (specifically, for completion status). The date on the end of the name of the ZIP files serves as the "version number". It's much easier to keep track of this way, for me anyway.

Last edited:

partyhead

Feb 14, 2015
good. will wait. most important to check - battery drain. live it overnight with wifi on. should be 1% max .

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Battery life should be the same as, or better than, the base ROM. Like I said, this ROM has the same base as CM11; only app, priv-app, fonts, framework, media, and a few other files are from the grouper ROM. All the binaries in /bin, all the libraries in /lib, etc, are all intact from PJBrs' CM11.

BIG UPDATE: I have the minor issues (hopefully) fixed, and I have uploaded the ROM to AndroidFileHost (my developer status got approved). I'm in the process of uploading to d-h.st as a mirror host. Enjoy!

Last edited:

johan111

Jul 7, 2014
I am sure this ROM requires the same recovery as cm11 from PJBrs thread, which unfortunatelly doesn't work for me (cannot enter into recovery). Do you have any idea what's wrong? I suppose it might be hardware related (then it really sucks).
Regards

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
I am sure this ROM requires the same recovery as cm11 from PJBrs thread, which unfortunatelly doesn't work for me (cannot enter into recovery). Do you have any idea what's wrong? I suppose it might be hardware related (then it really sucks).
Regards
Reflash it from fastboot. You may have a bad download.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Congrats on the work!! As far as I ubderstand, your next one might be even faster ;)

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Congrats on the work!! As far as I ubderstand, your next one might be even faster ;)
I might need your help with my next project. It's not coming along as well as I expected.

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
Too many NFS service errors after I flashed it without full wipe. The speed of these errors generated is very faster.;)

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Too many NFS service errors after I flashed it without full wipe. The speed of these errors generated is very faster.;)
I'll be uploading a flashable fix here in a few. I forgot to remove the Nfc.apk before I packed and uploaded this build.

UPDATE: I uploaded the Nfc Service fix. It's in the OP under the Updates section.

Last edited:

jinp

Jul 10, 2014
Regards

Hi johan111, do you have a external sdcard pluged in when you try to enter recovery?

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
If I'd make a wild guess--trouble with frameworks? Do you still have that Ubuntu vm set up?
I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 as my main OS now. I can set up a chroot with 12.04 for this though.