[ROM] FroyoFusion (A hybrid of my Ideos S7 Froyo 1.2.1 & S7 Slim Froyo)

junebugg30

Apr 17, 2011
well i hope(fingers cross) that our little tablet will wake up to a fresh cup of multi-touch one of these mornings....and thanks everyone for all the positive response

Last edited:

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
joenilan, just switched to this today and it is great. Do you by anyway have the honeycomb boot animation that you had on Stable v1.2? I would love to get this back on. Thanks

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
joenilan, just switched to this today and it is great. Do you by anyway have the honeycomb boot animation that you had on Stable v1.2? I would love to get this back on. Thanks

sure, i'll make a flashable zip for you and anyone else that wants it, i miss it myself...

it will be in the new version, which i'm not sure when i'll release, trying to gather a bunch of good stuff to add to it for the release.

also if anyone knows of some slick horizontal bootanimations, please link me

Edit: Updated first post with original Xoom Bootanimation

Last edited:

Stain33

May 4, 2011
joenilan
thanks for your rom!
Can I ask you to do just framework update zip?
Thank you in advance.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
joenilan
thanks for your rom!
Can I ask you to do just framework update zip?
Thank you in advance.

zxhian's working on it, when it's finished everything will be in the next version. have no fear.

Stain33

May 4, 2011
Thank you!
i use your rom but my friend want only interface from your rom!
thanks again I'm waiting.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Thank you!
i use your rom but my friend want only interface from your rom!
thanks again I'm waiting.

basically if u pull the framework & launcher.apk from this rom you could try it on another device or something, thats all i did with this one, took the framework and system apps and copied them over to my indonesian 1.2.1, even try using just the launcher.apk and see if he can install it... i've not tried this on another device yet because i'm not fond of the stock UI on the s7, but i prefer the slim looking rom over the original look, and there is no cm7 for us yet so thats what i'm left with for choices.

taitony

Apr 3, 2011
this ROM mod is great! kudos to joenilan!

though there are things i noticed:

ok, after some hours of with playing this version (FroyoFusion):

had to get rid of Photo app, Video app and Music app as they don't care about the ".nomedia" protocol. The music app was beautiful. It's just that it lists all mp3 and sound files that games install.

also, no multi-touch in browser.

and of course... the annoying MTN shutdown logo.

also... it would be great if you could integrate/create (however you call it) at least a "Home" and "Menu" soft buttons (yeah just like the U-arrow back button). It's a bit tedious to use the hardware buttons (esp. for right handed), as you may already well aware... these are not touch sensitive buttons. I don't know if that's even possible, so forgive me if I ask too much :D

thanks joe!

modify the file in permission directory then you have multi touch in browser.

taitony

Apr 3, 2011
Hi
I have same problem when I flash a2sd rom with my s7 which only has external SD card. After flash, it block at boot screen. Then I remove SD card and reboot, it work fine now.

But I still got problem with a2sd. Once I turn on a2sd manually, apps I installed will crash. Does a2sd not support external SD?

My S7 has ext. SD but it work fine. When I complete flash, it report 145 free RAM and remain 100 after installation of 75 application. Be sure to run a2sd cachesd command in ADB shell.

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
I would like to keep the default framework but I am going to check this out. Maybe I'll throw together a flashable default framework .zip when I get a chance.