[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

coyoteblue

Mar 1, 2011
l_n, now that you mention it, I only wiped the dalvik cache because I did not want to reinstall all my apps. Maybe thats why I lost the su in the first place.

chicle

Jan 30, 2011
Thank you!!

The touchscreen works very well!! Outstanding, IMHO.

The FCs at startup have stopped. Still get some when running, but much, much less.

I haven't noticed much/any battery change, but the original battery time is good. I get 4++ hours, browsing and reading.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
how do i open your live wall papers. i installed them but cant find where to enable it . Also live wall papers from the market dont work such as the matrix and thunderstorm. Before i added this Rom live wallpapers worked.

coyoteblue

Mar 1, 2011
Long press on home screen will bring up wallpapers or just press menu button on your coby.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Try putting the apk's back in /system/app where they're supposed to be.

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Im having trouble installing live wallpaers downloaded from the market. when i try to run them they dont do anything. it just stays on your homescreen that you set up with this new Rom

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You need to install LiveWallpaperPicker.apk from /sdcard/watery-optional-apks and LiveWallpapers.apk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
yes i did it and it is working now thankyou,
one last question can i change the build prop lcd density to 180? i prefer this size over 200. by doing so would it affect anything on this Rom?

code347

Feb 4, 2011
Thanks...I just got around to installing this and my device seems much more responsive. :)

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
It shouldn't affect anything... I just wouldn't go below 180, since that seems to be when it switches to the mdpi drawables.

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Solved the TE - SU issue, although not sure exactly where the problem was or what actually solved it:
1. made b/u of configuration
1. wiped sdcard and nand
2. booted to recovery
3. wiped cache partition, factory reset-clear data & wiped Dalvik cache from advanced screen
4. rebooted - which installed a virgin copy of watery 1.1
5. D/L & installed TE - got normal prompt which acknowledged SU command OK
6. rebooted to recovery and restored b/u from #1 above without erasing anything.

Result: all previously installed happs & email settings are back and TE issue solved.
--Larry

-- Sent from my Kyros 7015 from the Android Tablet forum, powered by Tapatalk.

captc2002

Mar 6, 2011
Thank you! This ROM ROCKS! I got my Kyros on Wednesday and rooted it, installed Market, the whole ball of wax...totally not impressed with the machine and ready to send it back. Then I wiped it and flashed Watery ROM. This is a thing of beauty. The tablet is more responsive; the best word is agile. I've been running it about 24 hours and had nary a hitch. Thank you so much!

Miscellaneous background: I'm a total newb to tablets. I've been flashing HTC phones since the Blue Angel. The directions on this ROM were clear and easy to follow.

Ruth

kopas

Mar 6, 2011
Battery is fine. Using Watery Kryos 1.1 firmware.

When placed in suspend (by pressing bottom button), the device will not come out of suspend when I press the bottom button again.

Has anyone else seen this. It just started happening when I changed to watery kyros firmware yesterday.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
It's a well known issue with the kyros.. No one knows exactly why it happens. It's probably something in the power management options on the telechips kernel, which we can't change right now.. I may do some digging later into the PM info in the proc entries later..