Aurora ICS 4.0.3 Mobiz V.2 Modified to Work on Coby 7042 and 8042

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Glad you got it working, I just got cm9 ported to my coby 8042, so my time is going to be focused on cm9 and later porting cm10 for coby.

Last edited:

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
Hey Vampirefo! Anything you can tell me about not being able to mount two external harddrives at the same time. I am running USB mass storage from the play store, made by sztupy, and it will show both drives but I cannot mount the second. In fact the app will create new directories for the drives but never populate them. They only show up under mnt/usbmount1 and only one at a time, whichever was the last one plugged in.

I really need both drives up and running could you take a second to look at it. I know your on the CM9 thing so I wont bug you past this point.

Anything you need from the rom I'll shoot to you. Pics of what the app sees and everything, logs too if needed.

Thanks! This rom has been great so far!!!!!

Aug 8, 2012
Hey Vampirefo! Anything you can tell me about not being able to mount two external harddrives at the same time. I am running USB mass storage from the play store, made by sztupy, and it will show both drives but I cannot mount the second. In fact the app will create new directories for the drives but never populate them. They only show up under mnt/usbmount1 and only one at a time, whichever was the last one plugged in.

I really need both drives up and running could you take a second to look at it. I know your on the CM9 thing so I wont bug you past this point.

Anything you need from the rom I'll shoot to you. Pics of what the app sees and everything, logs too if needed.

I am only venturing a guess from my observations, but here goes. When I was editing the Vold.fstab I remember it only having usb1 defined. I don't know if you can add an entry incrementally, but I doubt it. You may be able to reassign the mount point for the extsd to another usb instead.

You will have to wait for Vampirefo or someone else for a definitive answer, but the above idea would be a way to start trying after doing a nandroid backup. I have liked watching your project advance. With my shattered screen, I am headed that direction with hdmi to the tv for a display and a Measy Airmouse for navigation. Good luck.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
Yea this little thing is crazy! I am pushing for a new device if the wify lets me it'll be dual core with a quad core GPU but still only run at 10watts LOL. The fact that this thing took over a server with html and ftp access as well as the media PC I had setup to the TV is crazy and proves the Android is more than up to the task!

So I have went from a server(Intel pentium 4) that consumed 57 watts all day at idle and when serving up movies or FTP it would climb to around 220 watts with all the drives spun up, as well as a media PC(Intel gen1 I7quad) pulling 90 watts all day to a simple single core 1Ghz 8watt Android tablet with a 10 watt USB hub running a wireless KB and 1Tb hd. I have watched my electric bill shrink big time!! And to boot there are apps to replace everything that I had on the two PC's LOL

Oh and webkey is great for remoting into the tablet. And servers ultimate is driving the website and FTP as well as the port forwarding and DNS updating.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

I really need both drives up and running could you take a second to look at it.know your n the CM9 thing so I wont bug you past this point.

I haven't tried this so don't know if it would work or not, plug in one drive, mount then unmount make a new mount point then mount it via first drive, now plug in second drive in theory both should be mounted.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
No go, I cannot even unmount, I always get request cannot be meet drive is busy. Nothing is even accessing the drive so I am not sure why I cannot unmount it. I tried the two mounting apps from the playstore, both are granted SU and both show all attached drives, but neither will mount it is always which ever one is the last plugged in.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
yea it's a 5V 2A powered hub. One hard drive is a self powered 1tb Seagate and the other is a 2.5" Toshiba 750Gb notebook hard drive in a non self power enclosure so it is drawing from the hub. The only other thing plugged into the hub is a KB/Mouse combo transmitter.

Like I said both USB mount apps see the drive at the same time, but neither can do anything to them, they both always say the drives are busy even when they are not. Someone mentioned on the previous page about a vold file or something only having one instance of a USBhost. Not sure if that is helpful as I looked at the file and yea it only shows one host port.