Aurora ICS 4.0.3 Mobiz V.2 Modified to Work on Coby 7042 and 8042

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Smoothly? Lol no So far I have bricked my touch screen two times took half a day to get what I needed to fix it. Second time didn't take as long. I built 5 different libhardware_legacy.so for CM9 and CM10 none would start wifi. Will try again next week.

Aug 8, 2012
Better than my weekend. Mine bounced and the screen shattered. Then when I stopped by the PO Box today, I finally got the protective case that I ordered for it 2 weeks ago. I have a feeling that it will cost more to replace the screen than it is worth.

Aug 8, 2012
i couldnt make the grep command, it says not found, but i execute dmesg only and i can see many lines saying ==ft5x_ts_resume==http://www.*************/ht7.jpghttp://www.*************/jh88.jpghttp://www.*************/dh5.jpg

i couldnt make the grep command, it says not found, but i execute dmesg only and i can see many lines saying ==ft5x_ts_resume==
i believe my touchscreen is the ft5x right? thanks for the help

Correct you have ft5x.

Try this command

busybox dmesg | busybox grep ft5x

10 Characters

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
Hey vampire, I have another app not working. webkey works great except that I cannot control the screen through the browser. I tried on my epic touch 4g, Evo 4g and my friends tab 2 and they all work perfectly.

I tried antoher app that did the same thing, but the add-in for it FC's constantly.

Also when I rebooted the tablet all my apps that I moved to the SD card where no longer functioning. I had to uninstall all of them and reinstall them and not move them to the SDcard. Any idea on that?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Looks like webkey sends key press to wrong place on tablet. On 7042 the sdcard is mounted as sdcard not extsd you might need to reverse the mount points.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
Is it possible to create something that can be a go between for those key presses? I am on the XDA forums as well but no response from the dev yet, but there are several people with tablets that are asking about this issue on both XDA and on play store.

Crutch

Jul 4, 2012
Sounds good I am currently looking at aurora_feiyu_mod_(0622), may port it to 7042, and 8042 if it suites me.

aurora_feiyu_mod_(0622) seems to run really well on my 7042, it has less apps then Mobiz V.2, it takes a while on first boot to get everything settled, then it's smooth.

Vampire, thank you so much for your hard work. Your ROM is by far the best I've tried, and has improved my tablet tremendously. I still have some random crashes, but I did with the stock ROM as well.

Have you gotten anywhere with the mod you referenced in this post?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Vampire, thank you so much for your hard work. Your ROM is by far the best I've tried, and has improved my tablet tremendously. I still have some random crashes, but I did with the stock ROM as well.

Have you gotten anywhere with the mod you referenced in this post?

My son uses the 0622 rom on our 7042 he likes it a lot, he is a gamer plays games on the 7042 all the time. I use the 4.0.4 momo8 port on my 8042.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I may stop supporting the 7042, right now I am only focusing on my 8042.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
I hope you keep an ear on this thread because I'm running into all kinds of crap that I'm finding difficult to manuver around.

My latest is SU. There is no SU app in this rom or at least I'm not seeing one. So I have apps requesting root and they are being granted root but not working properly. I have installed chains two root apps and both fail to work. This is what is causing issues with a few apps. My main one right now is server ultimate. I want FTP on port 21 and in Linux all ports south of 1024 are for root only. When I use servers ultimate and try to set port 21 for the FTP I get "this port is already in use or is not allowed by Android"

Can you help out with the SU issue?

Thanks

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I hope you keep an ear on this thread because I'm running into all kinds of crap that I'm finding difficult to manuver around.

My latest is SU. There is no SU app in this rom or at least I'm not seeing one. So I have apps requesting root and they are being granted root but not working properly. I have installed chains two root apps and both fail to work. This is what is causing issues with a few apps. My main one right now is server ultimate. I want FTP on port 21 and in Linux all ports south of 1024 are for root only. When I use servers ultimate and try to set port 21 for the FTP I get "this port is already in use or is not allowed by Android"

Can you help out with the SU issue?

Thanks

The su problem is due to su app, I suggest you stop using it or report your problems to the author, every time that app updates something is broken. it would be best if the author simply allowed the su app to use the su from busybox, problems would be solved.

I don't use su app. I just use su binary included in the rom.

I just tried servers ultimate

I can connect without any problems on port 41894, seeing port 21 isn't available simply choose another port that is available.

Index of ftp://192.168.1.104:41894/

Last edited:

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
Is there something in the binaries that I can check to see what apps have permissions? Maybe the server app didn't receive all the perms....

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Is there something in the binaries that I can check to see what apps have permissions? Maybe the server app didn't receive all the perms....

I don't use su app, using just the su binary, I have never had any problems with any app getting root permission.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
I'm stumped then. servers ultimate is still refusing to use port 21 or anything below port 1025. What I'm reading is that you must be SU to use ports below 1025 so it seems that servers is not being granted SU..... I'll just keep toying with it till I can see what is killing it. netstat -b shows nothing on port 21 so there is no other app there so it has to be a permissions thing.