CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

Dec 1, 2011
To install steev's firmware, follow instructions from Coby's PDF in the Downloads section of the product's page:
Kyros™ Internet 7" Touchscreen Tablet | COBY

or any other guide for flashing a new firmware for 7024/8024/1024, it's all the same.

thank you verrrryyyy much i was able to flash the rom and now my kyros 7024 is running great with gingerbread . im amazed a noob like me was able to accomplish this task. i havent gotten to explore overclocking and other things alott ppl do with rooted devices yet:cool:

abug

Dec 10, 2011
I just wanted to thank you for this amazing rom.

We purchased the Coby Mid 7024 for our daughter for Christmas. I wanted to configure it with some basic apps so I opened it when we got it. I was extremely disappointed with the default system from Coby. The fact that they excluded the stock Android Market was a surprise and made it difficult to get the apps I wanted (like netflix).

After installing this rom its like an entirely different tablet. If it hadn't been available I would have returned the tablet.

I wanted to make sure I thanked you for your effort and also for making it available to everyone.

Thanks again.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
You're very welcome :)

This ROM would not be possible without the help of members of this forum and slatedroid.

inkycap

Dec 11, 2011
This rom fixed everything to include Netflix.... I just could not get Netflix to work with the factory rom but this runs great, to include the extras.. Thanks for sharing!

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
a little detail. when I change the tablet orientation to portrait (not landscape), and press home, the screen is incomplete y jus can see part of the icons and stuff. it goes normal once y change to landscape again (after it, the portrait orientation is normal again too). Happens specially after going out from the poweramp's app. I dont know why, i guess it can happen with another apps too. is this a known issue bud? I will confirm it, and see if it happens with all apps. Hope we can see honeycomb or icecream sandwich in tha 7/8/1/024 series soon! :D

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Yes, it's a known bug in Symbean's HC launcher. I don't mind, just change orientation again twice and it will fix it. Or go to launcher's settings and fix orientation in landscape or portrait, whatever you like most. Another know bug: apps moved to SD (Apps2SD) display the generic app icon after boot. To fix it, go to laucher's settings and restart it.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Last edited:

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
a little detail. when I change the tablet orientation to portrait (not landscape), and press home, the screen is incomplete y jus can see part of the icons and stuff. it goes normal once y change to landscape again (after it, the portrait orientation is normal again too). Happens specially after going out from the poweramp's app. I dont know why, i guess it can happen with another apps too. is this a known issue bud? I will confirm it, and see if it happens with all apps. Hope we can see honeycomb or icecream sandwich in tha 7/8/1/024 series soon! :D

Cambia el launcher. A mi me pasaba lo mismo con otras aplicaciones y desde que cambie de launcher ya no me pasa. Te recomiendo el adw full pirateado. ^^

Change the lancher. I was having the same issue. So i tried changing the launcher, and now it does not happen anymore.

Saludos!
Saudações!
Regards!

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Cambia el launcher. A mi me pasaba lo mismo con otras aplicaciones y desde que cambie de launcher ya no me pasa. Te recomiendo el adw full pirateado. ^^

Change the lancher. I was having the same issue. So i tried changing the launcher, and now it does not happen anymore.

Saludos!
Saudações!
Regards!

Ahhh thnax mate, i will fix a lil' issue and will test your solution. Steev you're the man for this work, please see this thread :D i trully need it

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/28507-ahmmm-screwed-switch.html

M
EEEEEEEHHH what a painful thing. I've lost my switch on button so, im not gonna be able to flash so easily =S Tch! **** happens! =(

Last edited:

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011

rogeriodeluca

Dec 15, 2011
After upgrading Android Market to 3.4.4 and clearing data from it, when I try to open any application at the market it forces closes.

rain

May 5, 2011
Hope it means Steev, that your on it to port this to the mid7024 !
yes, we are very lucky to have on our team a super smart guy who is also super nice.

( we need to have a "appreciate the dev" day ! ! ! blow up some baloons, bake a cake, hand out party favorites... )