CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Anyone have sound problem, on certain player (moby) and the web I can barely ear the sound. Just to let know !!!

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Anyone have sound problem, on certain player (moby) and the web I can barely ear the sound. Just to let know !!!

Tap the volume icon and make sure the media level isn't too low.

@Steev, hey pal do i need script manager to load the kickass kernel and the v6 supercharger @ boot? im not planning on modifying the settings so if its not needed i would like to uninstall it.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024 Gingerbread by Steev

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
@Steev, hey pal do i need script manager to load the kickass kernel and the v6 supercharger @ boot? im not planning on modifying the settings so if its not needed i would like to uninstall it.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024 Gingerbread by Steev

Nope, you can remove it

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
If anyone was having trouble installing sunset0202's new boot animation, this should make it a little easier
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17126237/coby/bootanimation-02.img

Installation instructions:
- Download the file above and rename it to "upgrade.img"
- Copy "upgrade.img" to your sdcard (internal or external)
- Boot your tablet while holding the HOME button
- You should see a message like "utscript1.sh file found. press volume up key to upgrade".
- Press the Volume Up button to install the boot animation

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Installation instructions:
- Download the file above and rename it to "upgrade.img"
- Copy "upgrade.img" to your sdcard (internal or external)
- Boot your tablet while holding the HOME button
- You should see a message like "utscript1.sh file found. press volume up key to upgrade".
- Press the Volume Up button to install the boot animation

steev, you are my hero! I was just looking for a way to update the system without touching u-boot and other stuff and you came with this... Super cool.

Is it documented somewhere? Thanks a lot! ;)

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Wait .... does this mean it may now be possible to run updates instead of complete new flashes? IE theming type updates and such?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Is it documented somewhere? Thanks a lot! ;)

Just in this script from our recovery image, I think

Code:
############# for recovery #############
mkdir /mnt/tmp
mount $UT_MMC_DEV /mnt/tmp

if [ -e /mnt/tmp/upgrade.img ]
then
mount /mnt/tmp/upgrade.img /mnt/mmc/ -t vfat -o loop
cd /mnt/mmc/
urbetter_upgrade &

As you can see it checks for a file named "upgrade.img" (which is just a FAT-formatted disk image), mounts it, then runs a program called "urbetter_upgrade".

urbetter_upgrade seems to just ask for confirmation then runs a shell script named "utscript1.sh".
There's also references to utscript(2,3,4).sh, but I'm not sure what they're for.

On Windows, you can use the program WinImage to create an upgrade.img

On *nix you can just combine some standard tools:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=upgrade.img bs=1M count=0 seek=<size>
/sbin/mkdosfs upgrade.img
mcopy -i upgrade.img <files to copy> ::.

These urbetter builds are distributed as .img files. To get the url, just take the filename and add it to "http://210.83.80.175:18000/utv210/gingerbread/update/package/" (e.g. http://210.83.80.175:18000/utv210/g...kage/712b_gingerbread_2.3.18_20110924.img.rar). Once downloaded you can remove the ".rar" extension (It's not really a rar file) and open the file in WinImage.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Wow, really nice. I think I have to unpack those files and start studying them... hehe.

Thanks, steev! :D

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
Using this mod, is there a way to adjust the spacing between the shortcuts on the screen?

Sent from my Coby MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
steev's V1.0? Nope, only using another Launcher AFAIK.

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Houston we've got a problem. HUGE one xD. Ahmm seem's like market its being a bit stubborn with the apps, don't let me even install tha flash player, nor reader, nor skype, blah blah. Ya know, basic apps we all need. Ahmm i modified the screen resolution (well, tried to, cuz didn't result xD) before i started to install apps. Gonna get back to the original density, or modify it to 200. tablet looks prettier with it :D

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Set the LCD density to 160, clear the Market data, then launch the Market at least once.
That should fix the incompatible apps problem.

After doing that you can change the LCD density to whatever you want.

Note: You may have to repeat these steps when the Market is updated.