CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
hahaha thx for it mate. i've done it, after i posted, still thx. Gonna try another things and update.

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
Hey Steev! I was wondering if you can help me out. As you may remember my i cannot install roms off my sd card, and Im about to ship my tablet off for repair back to coby. Can you make the OFW boot from internal sd card? Please?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hey Steev! I was wondering if you can help me out. As you may remember my i cannot install roms off my sd card, and Im about to ship my tablet off for repair back to coby. Can you make the OFW boot from internal sd card? Please?

Sure no problem.

Just replace utscript.sh with the one in the attached zip.

Attachments

• $utscript.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 171

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
ok so i am a newbie to this process and just bought the coby kyros 7024 . i downloaded the rom for 2.3 here ROM MID7024 GINGERBREAD ANDROID 2.3.txt - 4shared.com - document sharing - download
but the instructions are not in english. Please can anybody help. I would like to update to 2.3 . unfortunately a lot of apps are incompatible with 2.2

To install steev's firmware, follow instructions from Coby's PDF in the Downloads section of the product's page:
Kyros™ Internet 7" Touchscreen Tablet | COBY

or any other guide for flashing a new firmware for 7024/8024/1024, it's all the same.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Just installed this launcher giving a try, look very good Honeycomb Launcher Donate Steev can this be part of the next version
ok this is a launcher from Syndicateapps

Last edited:

terry98

Aug 12, 2011
Steev i have a problem with your firmware.... everything was working great, including battery life... i used my tablet until the batteries died so i just turned it off. A couple of hours later i wanted to show the tablet to a friend and turned it on, i thought that it would load and stay on for a couple of mins but it didn't instead the tablet got hardbricked!.. don't ask me how or why.. but it is hardbricked, i only turned it on normally and noticed that the soft buttons leds would lit for a couple of secs and then off and nothing in screen... hopefully we already know how to solve this but just for your information, maybe you can check that.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Just installed this launcher giving a try, look very good Honeycomb Launcher Donate Steev can this be part of the next version

Not as good as Symbean's, by a far distance. It doesn't look good in larger displays like MID1024 and not as functional as Symbean's. My opinion.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Steev i have a problem with your firmware.... everything was working great, including battery life... i used my tablet until the batteries died so i just turned it off. A couple of hours later i wanted to show the tablet to a friend and turned it on, i thought that it would load and stay on for a couple of mins but it didn't instead the tablet got hardbricked!.. don't ask me how or why.. but it is hardbricked, i only turned it on normally and noticed that the soft buttons leds would lit for a couple of secs and then off and nothing in screen... hopefully we already know how to solve this but just for your information, maybe you can check that.

One thing you might want to try is pushing the little reset button on the side with a pin.

If that doesn't work, give this thread a read:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...3007-project-reviving-hard-bricked-kyros.html

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011

I think I tried this one before and there was something I didn't like about it. I forget what that was, but I'll try it again.