CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Yep you can upgrade without losing installed apps by setting "WIPE_DATA=false" in utscript.cfg.
It's not very well tested though. I just installed a few apps, reflashed, and checked if they still worked.

If any apps start behaving weirdly try clearing the app data in Settings>Applications and/or reinstall the app.

everything was working ok, but i had the same behavior with the market so im gonna do a clean install now, it took a lot to boot for the first time like 5 minutes.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
everything was working ok, but i had the same behavior with the market so im gonna do a clean install now, it took a lot to boot for the first time like 5 minutes.

First boot can take a long time because it has to regenerate the dalvik cache.

Did you uninstall the 3.4.4 Market update? It will be left over from the previous install if you didn't wipe the data partition.

Last edited:

cornell

Jun 13, 2011

Did you try uninstalling the 3.4.4 Market update?
It will be left over from the previous install if you didn't wipe the data partition.

Didn't try to remove updates, i just wanted to test the upgrade system i was planning on doing a clean install anyway.

thanks man.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@steev: thanks again for the info!

Do you think changing PATH is a good idea since busybox is newer and probably programs prefer using it instead of toolbox? I've found that if you install ES File Manager on /data instead of /system then it works fine as root, keeping / as rw. I prefer it over FileManager.apk used in Tsunami because of the ads (ES doesn't have them).

Regarding WIPE_DATA, you did clear /cache and /data/dalvik-cache, right?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
@steev: thanks again for the info!

Do you think changing PATH is a good idea since busybox is newer and probably programs prefer using it instead of toolbox? I've found that if you install ES File Manager on /data instead of /system then it works fine as root, keeping / as rw. I prefer it over FileManager.apk used in Tsunami because of the ads (ES doesn't have them).

Regarding WIPE_DATA, you did clear /cache and /data/dalvik-cache, right?

IDK, we'll see if it causes problems.
Ideally apps and scripts should call "busybox <applet>" so the path doesn't matter.

Thanks for the info about ES Explorer.
I was confused about why root wasn't working

Yep the installer does wipe cache and dalvik-cache

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011

Did you uninstall the 3.4.4 Market update? It will be left over from the previous install if you didn't wipe the data partition.

Thnx for that info dude. Succesfully flashed the ROM, even though was a bit hard to start the upgrade system without the power button xD. Gonna test with market and terminal emulator and update.

BTW, I installed dead space in my tablet and i cant run it. it freezes at the starting EA logo. used the chainfire 3D apk, and stuff but nothing. Is it related to having non multitouch screen? i know is a tegra game but as far as i know, it can be played using the 3d emulator apps

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
utrscript is getting better and better! latest one is a master piece!! steev is indeed the script master! Kudos =D

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Steev, i was playing with the market. Of course 3.4.4 force closes when you try to access to the app page (the instalation page).

Cleared data, downgraded, re-cleared data, and still misbehaving. it opens and search normally, when i try to search a app coming from a previous search, the market does not respond. you can access a new search from the home page but not from the others. i will install something and edit.

BTW lfom, i was reading previous posts and tried the script you posted (for the market, that was before the downgrade)but the last line didn't worked. Was that script working only in v1.0? Thnx ya both

EDIT: no problem installing apps, so far.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Kiserian - edit build.prop with an editor with root privileges like ES File Explorer with root enabled, and change:
ro.build.version.sdk=10
to
ro.build.version.sdk=9

Save, reboot. Clear Market's data in Settings if you still get errors.

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Kiserian - edit build.prop with an editor with root privileges like ES File Explorer with root enabled, and change:
ro.build.version.sdk=10
to
ro.build.version.sdk=9

Save, reboot. Clear Market's data in Settings if you still get errors.

Its already in 9. I cant reboot, ya know, my power switch is DEAD, and im a bit tired to open the tab and make a reboot so, ill try tomorrow. Thnx anyways :D

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
utrscript is getting better and better! latest one is a master piece!! steev is indeed the script master! Kudos =D

lol, thanks :D

Steev, i was playing with the market. Of course 3.4.4 force closes when you try to access to the app page (the instalation page).

Cleared data, downgraded, re-cleared data, and still misbehaving. it opens and search normally, when i try to search a app coming from a previous search, the market does not respond. you can access a new search from the home page but not from the others. i will install something and edit.

BTW lfom, i was reading previous posts and tried the script you posted (for the market, that was before the downgrade)but the last line didn't worked. Was that script working only in v1.0? Thnx ya both

EDIT: no problem installing apps, so far.

Weird, I'm unable to reproduce that issue.

I did notice that some apps are missing in the market now though (mostly ones by Google).
Might release a quick service pack with the latest Market and lfom's fix.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
lol, thanks :D

Weird, I'm unable to reproduce that issue.

I did notice that some apps are missing in the market now though (mostly ones by Google).
Might release a quick service pack with the latest Market and lfom's fix.

That would be great pal.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
This will update you to the latest Market with the build.prop fix from lfom

Service pack 1 for Alldro2 1.1

Instructions:
1) Copy upgrade.img to your sdcard
2) Power on your tablet while holding the HOME button
3) Press the Volume+ button when asked to start the upgrade

Don't forget to clear the Market data after installing

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
For SP-1 for 1.1, can we just copy over the SP-1 upgrade.img file and replace the one which comes with the 1.1 ROM update files? I plan on doing a fresh-update anyway. Thanks..

EDIT: Thank you Steev for all your hard work. Love this ROM and it makes the 7024 a MUCH better tablet.